IMR - R1 Thread
Aug 29, 2018 at 9:56 AM Post #1,085 of 3,190
I placed my order :monkey::dash:. Soon i will possess the precious R1 & 2.5mm TRRS headphone cable. Very quick, helpful and friendly Bob-service :smile:
Very mnyyyce padawan
***Hand wringing intesifies***

Aug 29, 2018 at 6:55 PM Post #1,086 of 3,190
What's the leakage like with the closed port as I would be using mainly on public transport?

I use closed all the time on a maximum, ear drilling volume - and my fellow train passengers don't really notice a thing. I've tested it on other people too, whilst sat next to them, to see if I can hear it leaking and it's very faint.

I suppose if it was really quiet you'd hear it, but otherwise I wouldn't worry, it doesn't leak much when closed.

Aug 29, 2018 at 7:08 PM Post #1,087 of 3,190
I use closed all the time on a maximum, ear drilling volume - and my fellow train passengers don't really notice a thing. I've tested it on other people too, whilst sat next to them, to see if I can hear it leaking and it's very faint.

I suppose if it was really quiet you'd hear it, but otherwise I wouldn't worry, it doesn't leak much when closed.

Thanks that's what I wanted to hear, mine are on there way along with a balanced cable (that someone linked a few pages back from AliExpress) and a ES100

Aug 29, 2018 at 7:29 PM Post #1,088 of 3,190
Did you have to alter the pins for fit into R1's cut away any plastic etc or did they just fit?

thank you

I hadn't to cut any plastic, they just fit perfect!

How they fit on my ear... I have to say... nothing of deep insertion just superficial insertion and spiral dots make it sounds "fetén" (expressive spanish word to say wonderful)

woknA4H.jpg

Aug 29, 2018 at 8:06 PM Post #1,089 of 3,190
What's the leakage like with the closed port as I would be using mainly on public transport?

There was a post a little while back from a guy that was using his in bed at night, next to his spouse, and it wasn't a problem. You don't have to worry about people on a plane, train, or automobile being annoyed

Aug 29, 2018 at 11:38 PM Post #1,090 of 3,190
I hadn't to cut any plastic, they just fit perfect!

How they fit on my ear... I have to say... nothing of deep insertion just superficial insertion and spiral dots make it sounds "fetén" (expressive spanish word to say wonderful)

woknA4H.jpg

What cable is this?

Aug 30, 2018 at 3:39 AM Post #1,091 of 3,190
Just a note for anyone thinking of buying these - try the stock cable that comes with it before purchasing another cable.

I'm using the stock cable and it's excellent - chunky, yet light and flexible enough. It feels like a quality, durable thing. I use it for commuting on busy trains so I'm really fussy about the cable.

I can understand people wanting to customise their headphones (this is head-fi after all :) ) but please, give the stock cable a try first!

Last edited:
Aug 30, 2018 at 4:23 AM Post #1,092 of 3,190
Just a note for anyone thinking of buying these - try the stock cable that comes with it before purchasing another cable.

I'm using the stock cable and it's excellent - chunky, yet light and flexible enough. It feels like a quality, durable thing. I use it for commuting on busy trains so I'm really fussy about the cable.

I can understand people wanting to customise their headphones (this is head-fi after all :) ) but please, give the stock cable a try first!

I am still using the stock 3.5mm cable. I only bought the 2.5mm aftermarket cable since the 2.5mm stock cable is defective.

Aug 30, 2018 at 8:21 AM Post #1,094 of 3,190
The R1 is a very happy earphone. Its looks like a smily in your ears :slight_smile:
I can 't believe no one in the reviews ever mentions that. They're all like "there's a rotating semi-circle on the outer shell to denote whether the port is open or closed" and I'm like, yeah, fyi there's a fricking robot smiley in your ears! It's the most striking thing about these iems at first sight and what first made me pay attention on M***drop. Perfect fit for industrial music.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back