IMR - R1 Thread
Jul 31, 2018 at 3:51 PM Post #871 of 3,190
Just got myself a B stock pair.... Very, very, very happy with them.

Only trouble I had was with the stock cable that came with them but it proved not to be a big deal... I think there might have been something wrong with it, as I tried it with a couple of players and both shut down immediately (as if they were sort of shorting out, possibly). Both players were fine, once I restarted them without the IMR1 and cable at the end, and changing the cable to another one was enough to solve the question.

Since I got myself a pair of B stock rated B+, at a cost of £250, and apart from the non-functional cable I could not really say these look like B stock (and the cable actually LOOKED fine too, tbh - just did not work :) ), I'm VERY happy with the overall purchase (and I don't really need the stock cable, as I have plenty of other ones).

First impressions are that these are really interesting IEMs, bordering on brilliant :) - and at the price point of B stock an absolute steal!

Listening with the blue filter, at the moment, and burning them in - only tried black and pink filters otherwise, but blue seems to be the one most in line with my personal tastes. I'll still give a listen to copper and orange, once they're burned in, but from the description, I expect that I may like them less (as I think that they'll be bassier, while diminishing treble more than black/pink).

As for amp yes/no, they seem to need a bit more juice than the average IEM, but nothing my DAPs can't handle by themselves. I don't expect I'll use an amp, me.

Last edited:
Jul 31, 2018 at 4:52 PM Post #872 of 3,190
For those of you that have Trinity filters (from an Icarus III preferably), do they work with your R1? Are they the same screw on design and won't effect the screwing on feature if I decide to swap them out?

Jul 31, 2018 at 5:09 PM Post #874 of 3,190
Thanks. What kind of sound do they provide?

Jul 31, 2018 at 5:15 PM Post #875 of 3,190
Thanks. What kind of sound do they provide?

Just checked and the filters from Vyrus II also fit, but they are longer obviously. But that may help some people for fit. I’m certainly not very well versed in sound nomenclature, but for me the gunmetal sound better for RnR and Metal. Seem to tame treble and a little more bass compared to the blue.

Last edited:
Jul 31, 2018 at 10:24 PM Post #876 of 3,190
Has anyone actually bought these at retail price? I feel like EVERY single impression and comment about these came from b stock. Do they make any that are actually "A" quality? What are some of the reasons that you guy's pairs are considered b stock?

Jul 31, 2018 at 11:09 PM Post #877 of 3,190
Has anyone actually bought these at retail price? I feel like EVERY single impression and comment about these came from b stock. Do they make any that are actually "A" quality? What are some of the reasons that you guy's pairs are considered b stock?

Everyone ive talked to either bought b-stock, or got them for free for review purposes.

I'm eyeing them since my DUNU DN-1000 (that I bought based on your recommendation died) and the ibasso it01 hasn't scratched that itch.

Jul 31, 2018 at 11:56 PM Post #878 of 3,190
i got them on MD for 550$. But the 2 drops after that had em for 500 and 450. Was somewhat upset about that, could save some money. I was unaware of b-stock ones, otherwise id get them. From the impressions by other members, there is no visible wear and tear on b-stock units, so why pay more, same good sound. Although after you put em in your ears, you forget about the price. 700usd is a bit steep, i think 350-450 is a good price for them. Other IEMs might cost as much as a used Japanese car, but are they going to sound 3x 6x 9x times better??? I dont think so.

For me spiral dots and a 3rd party copper cable provided necessary comfort for comfortable listening. Listening from R3 and ZuperDacS they sound good. But DH1000 is even more resolving.

These are very good, price them aggressively and give them a bit more exposure and they will sell like hot cakes.

Aug 1, 2018 at 12:00 AM Post #879 of 3,190

Yes, purchased mine immediately upon becoming available. Or getting the e-mail from Bob anyway.

I did get a discount so mine were 400£.

Last edited:
Aug 1, 2018 at 12:43 AM Post #880 of 3,190
Yes, purchased mine immediately upon becoming available. Or getting the e-mail from Bob anyway.

I did get a discount so mine were 400£.
Same deal for me

Aug 1, 2018 at 5:08 AM Post #881 of 3,190
I've decided to add these to my collection, really looking forward to getting them.

What is the general consensus on amplification? I have got a Cayin C5, will there be a significant advantage to using that with the R1s compared to using them straight out of my Sony A45 DAP?

Aug 1, 2018 at 8:06 AM Post #884 of 3,190

Yep I bought at full retail price, and I think they're worth every penny. Easily the best portable IEMs I've ever owned.

People are saying that the B- stock is just as good, but with very minor cosmetic issues.

Last edited:
Aug 1, 2018 at 8:15 AM Post #885 of 3,190
I've decided to add these to my collection, really looking forward to getting them.

What is the general consensus on amplification? I have got a Cayin C5, will there be a significant advantage to using that with the R1s compared to using them straight out of my Sony A45 DAP?

I don't think you need an amp. I can certainly drive these to a good volume with just a Samsung S8 phone with Poweramp.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back