IMR - R1 Thread
Aug 1, 2018 at 9:16 AM Post #886 of 3,190
Bought a pair of B+ B stock R1s last night. Oddly enough it was the flaming Massdrop discussion that brought them to my attention. I knew enough to come hear and read the thoughts and opinions of people who've actually heard them and not those of people who lob bombs on social media.

I sent an email along to IMR when I made the purchase and Bob replied pretty much immediately. Not that often that the customer service comes from the main person. Pretty cool to my mind.

Now for the hard part--the waiting...

Aug 1, 2018 at 10:57 AM Post #887 of 3,190
Has anyone actually bought these at retail price? I feel like EVERY single impression and comment about these came from b stock. Do they make any that are actually "A" quality? What are some of the reasons that you guy's pairs are considered b stock?

Valid question. I have wondered myself. I got mine through email conversation with Bob not long after they were introduced. Got a little discount as, for lack of a better word, a return customer but IMR was not selling B-stock units then. Bob has a solid fan base in spite of past controversy. In my limited interactions with him he has always been knowledgeable and helpful and sincere in his desire to make music sound great. As far as the B-stock units I believe it is all cosmetic. There is a scratch, or bump, or some other minor imperfection on the outside of the housing that IMR deemed not 100% perfect. The insides however, the parts that matter, are 100% perfect A quality.

Aug 1, 2018 at 10:10 PM Post #890 of 3,190
"A" B stock have 25% discount. B models dont
It's on all B stock.

There's a code Bob posted on description page

Aug 1, 2018 at 11:34 PM Post #892 of 3,190
Just got in New Bee tips other day. Large silicon are quite comfortable, really excels in bass region, this guy prefers over spiral dots

Aug 2, 2018 at 2:26 AM Post #894 of 3,190
It's on all B stock.

There's a code Bob posted on description page

Shame, I pulled the trigger the day before he posted this code, so I could have saved even more, or got a higher level B stock for the price I paid.

Oh well, it sounds like they are a super bargain anyway, and I'm looking forward to receiving them.

Aug 2, 2018 at 2:28 AM Post #895 of 3,190
Shame, I pulled the trigger the day before he posted this code, so I could have saved even more, or got a higher level B stock for the price I paid.

Oh well, it sounds like they are a super bargain anyway, and I'm looking forward to receiving them.
I've moved on from my R1 but still have great impressions of them.
Heck I'm tempted to buy another pair

Aug 2, 2018 at 2:40 AM Post #896 of 3,190
FYI

Bob is having a sale on the B stock right now

25% off until all units are sold
Lol... I just got a B+ grade B stock, and I'm actually tempted to get an A+, at those prices... it would come to cost less than a B- would ordinarily cost. Since I only have 2 ears, though, and I expect they'll sound the same, I'll manfully resist :).

Aug 2, 2018 at 3:07 AM Post #897 of 3,190
Is there anything better in the market quality / price ratio even paying 500 pounds for a new product?

Aug 2, 2018 at 4:09 AM Post #898 of 3,190
I've moved on from my R1 but still have great impressions of them.
Heck I'm tempted to buy another pair

Regret selling your R1s to this guy? Hah. This guy does not regret buying them at at that price ONE bit. I've fallen in love the pink filter!

Aug 2, 2018 at 6:16 AM Post #899 of 3,190
Is there anything better in the market quality / price ratio even paying 500 pounds for a new product?

The only thing that comes close and possibly surpasses it are the Ibasso IT04.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back