IMR - R1 Thread
May 26, 2018 at 6:57 PM Post #662 of 3,190
Tried the black but to much bass for me, even though they are supposed to be the best for RnR. Had been using the blue and really enjoying them except for a slight hot treble on some tracks, at least to my ears. But when I read PinkyPowers comments tried the pink and found exactly what I was looking for in that it’s just enough bass, mids and seems to tame the treble on those particular tracks. With Trinity Kombi tips. I think the R1 is an end game for me.

Last edited:
May 26, 2018 at 7:35 PM Post #663 of 3,190
Pink filters with vents fully open for me.
Nice full detailed sound with just enough kick to the bass.

May 26, 2018 at 7:52 PM Post #664 of 3,190
IMR R1 works well with Hiby R6 :)

Audiophile-Heaven-Hiby-R6-Review-Photo-45.jpg

Audiophile-Heaven-Hiby-R6-Review-Photo-49.jpg

Last edited:
May 28, 2018 at 4:27 AM Post #668 of 3,190
This might be an apples to oranges comparison to some, but after trying both the AEON Flow Closed as well as the Campfire Audio Cascades, extensively, I came to the conclusion that I'll sell both and just keep the IMR R1. They are that good, complete enough for me to not own any further headphones, really. Pink filter - Slight V-Shaped signature, details for weeks, to my ears, the clearest and realistic sounding vocals and all that in a tiny package, no need to carry around a full-sized headphone, just throw these in your pocket and experience audio bliss anytime, anywhere you like! :)

Fingers crossed that my new pair which will arrive today has a tighter channel balance and everything is perfect! If I'm satisfied with them I'll throw on a lighter cable as well and call it a day. These seem to be built to last!

May 28, 2018 at 11:57 AM Post #672 of 3,190
This might be an apples to oranges comparison to some, but after trying both the AEON Flow Closed as well as the Campfire Audio Cascades, extensively, I came to the conclusion that I'll sell both and just keep the IMR R1. They are that good, complete enough for me to not own any further headphones, really. Pink filter - Slight V-Shaped signature, details for weeks, to my ears, the clearest and realistic sounding vocals and all that in a tiny package, no need to carry around a full-sized headphone, just throw these in your pocket and experience audio bliss anytime, anywhere you like! :)

Fingers crossed that my new pair which will arrive today has a tighter channel balance and everything is perfect! If I'm satisfied with them I'll throw on a lighter cable as well and call it a day. These seem to be built to last!

Its the EOTL ( end of the line ) IEM for me. No desire to look for anything better. Only 1 word comes to mind while describing it`s sound - HUGE. There is probably a number if well performing IEMs out there, which are also way more expensive. But R1 has the ability to be tuned to ones needs. They are light and fit good despite their shape. Beryllium DD + ceramic twitter is an outstanding combo. Blows my mind every time i put em on and run some music through them.
If you get a chance, audition Periodic Audio products, their BE IEM is one of a kind as well.

May 28, 2018 at 12:28 PM Post #673 of 3,190
Amazon USA @menuki. Had to cut the rubber male adaptor part that surrounded the pins. Easy task with a sharp blade. Sonically they still sound fantastic.

I didn't realize you could get such an replacement cable for so little money! Thanks. :)

Its the EOTL ( end of the line ) IEM for me. No desire to look for anything better. Only 1 word comes to mind while describing it`s sound - HUGE. There is probably a number if well performing IEMs out there, which are also way more expensive. But R1 has the ability to be tuned to ones needs. They are light and fit good despite their shape. Beryllium DD + ceramic twitter is an outstanding combo. Blows my mind every time i put em on and run some music through them.
If you get a chance, audition Periodic Audio products, their BE IEM is one of a kind as well.

That is awesome to hear, glad you found your match as well! They so have a huge sound right? I really like the Cascades, I'm only selling them due to financial resonsand because the IMR are so extremly portable, but I really feel like the IMR beats the Cascades in hugeness, maybe not in the bass (The bass is huuge on the Cascades) but in terms of midrange! Vocals are probably more forward on the IMR R1's but that they are able to produce a, to me, bigger sound than an Over Ear in some aspects says a lot about these. Sometimes size really does matter.. engulf me in your sweet sound you fudgin big 13mm drivers!

And stahp recommending me further products, my wallet screams in agony but oh boi, the Byrrilum IEM has a nice FR. :x

EDIT:

Just wanted to add, I'll have a second pair, brand new, very soon. I'll try to do a pre-burn-in and after-burn-in comparison as I really think they've opened up so beautifully after their recommended 50 hours.

Further, the cable is now far from stiff or springy, at least compared pre-cable-"burn-in" :D They actually sit very comfortable around my ears. :)

Sorry, just one last question to all ya guys. Any good, no matter how expensive, Cable do you use with you R1's? I'd also like a little recession in the Cable so that the 2-pins don't get bend. Thanks!!

Last edited:
May 28, 2018 at 2:40 PM Post #674 of 3,190

I have AFC and these, was considering the same thing as well regarding selling off the AFC... however I always have comfort issues with IEM no matter what tips I use while an over ear like the AFC in particular is comfortable for hours at a time. Oh well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back