IMR - R1 Thread
Jan 22, 2018 at 4:33 PM Post #47 of 3,190
Just got my shipping details email. I'm pretty jazzed. Haven't seen anyone mention the open/closed port. An open-backed IEM is just fascinating to me. Are folks not using it much? Just keeping it set one way or the other? Much of a change to the sound?

Leave it open, driver flex on these is really bad and sometimes the driver doesn't return to its normal state if the vent is closed :)

Jan 23, 2018 at 2:06 AM Post #50 of 3,190
Get out! That is not what I wanted to hear. I'll find out soon enough I suppose, but how much sound leaks when open?

I wouldn't worry about leakage unless you listen at really loud volumes. They still isolate quite well when in the open position too, so that's where I leave them.

It doesn't change the sound drastically like the filters do.

Apart from the driver flex, the sound from the R1 is great :D

Last edited:
Jan 23, 2018 at 12:46 PM Post #52 of 3,190
How do you recognize a driver flex?

Crunching sound when inserting them :)

But again I really enjoy the sound of these, very full, fun and bassy. Bass you can feel as well as hear that extends sooo low :D

Jan 24, 2018 at 12:19 PM Post #53 of 3,190
Crunching sound when inserting them :)

Ok, didn't notice it, because I'm using complies and that happens with silicons.
But I opened the ports just for testing and it seems to increase the soundstage a bit - quite nice.

Jan 24, 2018 at 1:27 PM Post #54 of 3,190
Ok, didn't notice it, because I'm using complies and that happens with silicons.
But I opened the ports just for testing and it seems to increase the soundstage a bit - quite nice.

It does happen less with foam tips :D

Jan 24, 2018 at 1:47 PM Post #56 of 3,190
Hi guys, been a follower of Bob since the days of RockJaw. Please explain what is B Stock?
Less than perfect. Maybe a slight imperfection on the finish. Maybe a customer return. I believe Bob said that some might be missing the original packaging and/or some of the accessories. Didn't say anything about filters though. Basically, there is some reason it wouldn't be right to sell it at full retail price. The phones themselves should sound perfect. It's a great offer.

Last edited:
Jan 24, 2018 at 4:33 PM Post #58 of 3,190
The R1 is a lovely sounding IEM. No harshness in any of the frequencies. I spent a lot of time A/Bing with my previous favourite TA Hunter and the improvement in the R1 is just amazing. As for filters I have to admit that the black does seem to generate the most smiles. Also my eyes must be weak and old but I get confused between the orange and copper filters. I agree with the previous comment that the darker “orange” is in fact the copper.

It is hard to find fault with these earphones.

Jan 24, 2018 at 4:41 PM Post #59 of 3,190
I think I prefer the blue filters as I like a more balanced and sparkly sound, but the black filters are the most fun :D

These really are great IEMs and the clarity is very impressive.

I'm in the process of writing my full review of them.

Jan 26, 2018 at 5:08 AM Post #60 of 3,190
I think I prefer the blue filters as I like a more balanced and sparkly sound, but the black filters are the most fun :D

These really are great IEMs and the clarity is very impressive.

I'm in the process of writing my full review of them.

Any idea when will you publish the review??? I ha e read some and i have actually ordered one just waiting for shipping. Reading the review made me rrally excited but just curious if any one here ever listened to fitear product?? And how does it compare to fitear??

Users who are viewing this thread

Back