IMR - R1 Thread
Apr 12, 2018 at 1:26 PM Post #331 of 3,190
Interesting I just checked that looks like both bands had a best of called Substance.
Virtually the same band minus Curtis so suppose it dont matter
The New Order Substance album is possibly one of the best compilation albums made I reckon. Singles etc up to 1987

Apr 12, 2018 at 1:29 PM Post #333 of 3,190
Changed of convo here:

Whats everyone's go to test albums/songs for the R1 (or any head gear).
Curious to see what people are listening to with these

Like a lot of people I often go to Africa & Rosanna first. Baba O'Riley by The Who, Gentleman by Afghan Whigs, Atlas by Battles, Listen Like Thieves by INXS are all used pretty quickly after that.

Apr 12, 2018 at 1:31 PM Post #334 of 3,190
Can anyone comment how these would work to wear on flights?

Apr 12, 2018 at 2:18 PM Post #336 of 3,190
I have the trinity icarus iii IEM's designed by Bob. I enjoy them. I feel they sound good. I use the purple undampened filters with the trinity foam/rubber tips. I get a neutral kind of sound, not too bassy and enjoy it. Change from the usual bassy sig I use.

Anybody have these and able to compare to the R1??

Cheers

Apr 12, 2018 at 2:26 PM Post #337 of 3,190
fellas I am chomping at the bit here.

I ordered a pair of the R1 B stock weeks ago and they still haven't arrived and I have no means of tracking them. They were handed off to Canada Post from Royal Mail, but the tracking is not working and Canada Post doesn't offer tracking on received international shipments.

Can anyone let me know how long it took to receive their R1 that lives in North America? Its been over 3 weeks now and I'm starting to get anxious.
I ordered mine on Thursday and they shipped Friday morning. They arrived in New York on Saturday and to my home on Tuesday, so five days it took to be delivered! Customs is the hold up in your case for sure!

Apr 12, 2018 at 2:39 PM Post #338 of 3,190
Top bass tune? Always love a bassy one
Ooh that's a good question. Something like Hello Brooklyn by Jay-Z, Dub King by Modestep or Dead Wrong by Notorious B.I.G.
What I would recommend to anyone wanting to to push the bass capability of these is play a track by Bass Mekanik. Any one will do. This is what used to be played in competition car audio set ups. It isn't something I'd listen to but definitely something I've tried.

Apr 12, 2018 at 2:39 PM Post #339 of 3,190
I have the trinity icarus iii IEM's designed by Bob. I enjoy them. I feel they sound good. I use the purple undampened filters with the trinity foam/rubber tips. I get a neutral kind of sound, not too bassy and enjoy it. Change from the usual bassy sig I use.

Anybody have these and able to compare to the R1?? Cheers

I haven't used my I3 once since getting the R1. I really enjoyed the I3 as well. I find that the R1 are just better at pretty much everything. For me what stands out is the sound-stage, separation and the bass; especially the bass. I've never heard/felt bass like this in an IEM. On the physical side I find them more comfortable to wear for extended sessions and I couldn't get rid of that cord on the I3 fast enough :wink:

Apr 12, 2018 at 6:33 PM Post #343 of 3,190
I haven't used my I3 once since getting the R1. I really enjoyed the I3 as well. I find that the R1 are just better at pretty much everything. For me what stands out is the sound-stage, separation and the bass; especially the bass. I've never heard/felt bass like this in an IEM. On the physical side I find them more comfortable to wear for extended sessions and I couldn't get rid of that cord on the I3 fast enough :wink:
Thanks for the input! The cord.... lol. The things you mention that stand out, how much of a difference is there in those characteristics mate?

Apr 13, 2018 at 11:17 PM Post #344 of 3,190
IMR R1...phenomenal! BASS! Great mids! Treble is good, still evaluating. Soundstage is huge. I just got them today...b-stock and all. Im still on the black filter. I will play around with them tomorrow. Cable was hard a hell to get on one side. These are definitely top of the line in sound. Can’t wait to hear them balanced.

Apr 14, 2018 at 4:59 PM Post #345 of 3,190
IMR R1...phenomenal! BASS! Great mids! Treble is good, still evaluating. Soundstage is huge. I just got them today...b-stock and all. Im still on the black filter. I will play around with them tomorrow. Cable was hard a hell to get on one side. These are definitely top of the line in sound. Can’t wait to hear them balanced.
Balanced is really good! I didn't get to listen to it in balanced mode that long on my portable because of the jack going out on me. I am able to hook them into my 3 watt desktop setup though! I can turn the gain on high and turn the volume all the way up to -96 before I hear the drivers buckle without one drop of distortion! These are a mean set of iems!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back