IMR - R1 Thread
Jun 19, 2019 at 7:52 AM Post #2,851 of 3,190
I got the pre order yesterday for £100. Used my loyalty code and ordered for £65. Plus £10 shipping. Order accepted. Just got an email order updated
“Line Items:
1x IMR R1R for £100.00 each

Updated Adjustments:
Discount code not allowed: £25.00”
Total value of order has been updated to £100.
Not impressed.
Also cancelled

Jun 19, 2019 at 8:28 AM Post #2,856 of 3,190
Suspect the preorder pricing model doesn't work for something this cheap (in comparison) when you take the existing customer discount into account. £65 for something he was hoping to sell for £150 at full RRP didn't leave much room to actually turn a profit (or break even).

Agree it was poorly managed, but probably best he produced them under his own steam and sets a realistic price (incorporating all the discount codes he's offered the OG R1 and R1Z owners) once they are ready to purchase.

No need to offer a preorder discount if you are already offering a 35% reduction to some customers as standard, if your want to keep the lights on anyway! :wink:

Just my 0.02c, anyway.

Jun 19, 2019 at 1:11 PM Post #2,857 of 3,190
Anyone know when the R2 will ship?

Jun 19, 2019 at 5:06 PM Post #2,859 of 3,190
Very tip-sensitive indeed. For sound and for fit, too. I tried RHA single-flange, they were OK. Comply were better. Symbio W ended up pretty crap although they are great on the original R1. I remember settling on the stock silicone single-flange.

Don’t discard the stock tips just bc they’re stock is what I am saying. Like stock cables they can often be improved upon but come default for a reason. Especially with the complicated filter and port system of the IMR where it’s easy to seal a vent that should stay open.

PS: I see you don’t have them anymore but from memory how would you compare the IMR vs the RHA CL2 if you don’t mind me asking?
tried the stock tips now , dunno cant get a good seal with them , they make the zenith sound harsh , final type e( makes them really bassy) and symbio w and spiral dots works best for me with them

Jun 20, 2019 at 6:49 AM Post #2,860 of 3,190
tried the spiral dots again today with the zenith and played around with the eq.
sounds great , turn down 2-4khz for 2-3db to tame this piezo a little bit . sounds great now ( black filter )

Jun 20, 2019 at 2:30 PM Post #2,861 of 3,190
I got the Symbio W's in earlier today. So far, they have been a much better fit for me than Comply Comfort tips. It was a constant struggle to keep the Comply tips in, and they tended to tear very easily. I also ordered the Final E tips, so I'll provide an update when those come in.

Jun 20, 2019 at 3:19 PM Post #2,862 of 3,190
I got the Symbio W's in earlier today. So far, they have been a much better fit for me than Comply Comfort tips. It was a constant struggle to keep the Comply tips in, and they tended to tear very easily. I also ordered the Final E tips, so I'll provide an update when those come in.
I love the Symbio- started to use with all my iems

Jun 23, 2019 at 4:40 PM Post #2,864 of 3,190
Anyone having trouble getting the zeniths to stay in to aftermarket 2 pin connectors? I have this problem with my k10u and both are too expensive to go off floating around in a bag.

Pull the pins slightly away from each other before putting them in.. but don't break them! Especially if they are expensive.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back