IMR - R1 Thread
Feb 24, 2019 at 6:04 PM Post #2,281 of 3,190
Something I just noticed is that the L and R filters for Black, Pink, and Blue are of different lengths. The Copper and Orange are the exact same length. Also one of my Pink and Blue filters don’t screw on properly. Received the copper cable today and have noticed an improvement in sound.

Last edited:
Feb 25, 2019 at 6:08 AM Post #2,283 of 3,190
I wanted to give a quick update. Yesterday, I listened to the Zenith for maybe an hour and the rest of the time they were "listening" to either white/pink noise or FLAC music.

I am happy to say....What a difference a day makes. The Zenith have started to find the bass punch, as opposed to bloat. The treble is sweetening up and extending wonderfully. The Zenith has forward characteristics and that will never change, but they are settling in to their own groove. The stage has opened up a bit more, even though I felt there would be a broader separation. For now, I am still utilizing the Black filters, Lg Final Audio tips and the Effect Audio Ares II cable. The Zenith likes power and while I can drive them from my cell, they really excel with the DX120 or QP2R. More to come...

IMG_20190223_180743_Bokeh.jpg

I will be posting more comments here, http://audiorabbithole.com/index.php/2019/02/25/preview-imr-acoustics-r1-zenith/, as I have more listening time.

Last edited:
Feb 25, 2019 at 1:51 PM Post #2,284 of 3,190
Received my replacement yesterday (In USA). There is a difference in sound quality and definitely no driver flex which i had in my previous unit. I thought bob was going to send us complimentary braided balance cable. There wasn't one in my package. Any one received theirs?

Feb 25, 2019 at 10:24 PM Post #2,289 of 3,190
I pre-ordered mine a week ago to take advantage of the pre-order discount. In my mind this means that I get a BRAND NEW, grade A+++ pair of earphones, right? Well I got a pair with a box that didn't look very new to me and with both seals (stickers) already cut, so basically an open box item. I can understand this type of issue if I was buying some b-stock, but even when I got the first R1s (b-stock) the box looked better and they were sealed. Pretty disappointing.

Feb 25, 2019 at 11:37 PM Post #2,290 of 3,190
I pre-ordered mine a week ago to take advantage of the pre-order discount. In my mind this means that I get a BRAND NEW, grade A+++ pair of earphones, right? Well I got a pair with a box that didn't look very new to me and with both seals (stickers) already cut, so basically an open box item. I can understand this type of issue if I was buying some b-stock, but even when I got the first R1s (b-stock) the box looked better and they were sealed. Pretty disappointing.
He must have double checked your unit to make sure they don't have the same issue as people who pre ordered on the release.

Feb 26, 2019 at 10:01 AM Post #2,291 of 3,190
For the couple of posts about a missing wire / opened box:

I can totally understand your frustration, but have you contacted Bob to discuss? My experience is that he has certainly done a lot to warrant the benefit of the doubt - or at least an opportunity to explain the situation.

He has been beyond brilliant for me with enqueries over the past couple of years.

Feb 26, 2019 at 1:50 PM Post #2,292 of 3,190
Joining in the tip debate, I'm finding these pretty fit (or more accurately ,seal) dependent. Tried them today with a set of Flare Audio Earfoams and I think I've found my preferred tip for the long haul. Seal is perfect and the cone shaped bore doesn't muffle or damp the sound, so if you have a set, definitely worth a try.

Cheers for the tip on the.... tips :) Have ordered a set of the Flare's as they look good. I'm pretty happy with the ones bundled with the Zenith, but it'll be good to have some nice pro quality ones.

Feb 26, 2019 at 5:54 PM Post #2,293 of 3,190
The stock tips have become uncomfortable for me. I am using some trinity audio hybrid tips. They have a slightly narrower nozzle which gives it a slightly punchier sound and the silicon is a lot softer in the ear and gives better seal. For me, the pink filters + trinity tips are a winning combo but will see if I can find my spin fits later and maybe try some final tips as well.

Feb 26, 2019 at 6:01 PM Post #2,295 of 3,190
@Jackpot77 @mrchrisg
In regards to the eartips, I looked into the Flare ones you guys mention but there are 3 types: Audiophiles, Everyday, Universals. Which ones did you get? or even better if you can give a link to them? Thank you.

I went for the Audiophiles, as mentioned by @Jackpot77 . Looking at the photos these appear to have a premium quality foam.

https://www.flareaudio.com/products/audiophile-replacement-earfoams

Click the "size guide" link as that's important to compare against tips that fit you. I went for large from as these are the same size as the large tips (13mm width) as the large tips that come with the IMR Zenith.

Oh and I ordered from Amazon UK:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07N12K4BC/ref=pe_3187911_185740111_TE_item

Users who are viewing this thread

Back