Personal BEST DAC-AMP & DONGLES discoveries thread (Best finds Reference List)
Apr 27, 2019 at 12:58 PM Post #121 of 328
Audirect BEAM tested and reviewed. Check my blog for more in deep info.

Conclusion is: sound clean and delicate with very easy to drive earphones, but lack energic dynamic, bass and proper instrument separation due to intimate soundstage. Biggest problem is low power output, and the price isnt very competitive IMO

RADSONE ES100 really still is the BEST ALL IN ONE DAC-AMP+ Bluetooth receiver.

Apr 27, 2019 at 1:02 PM Post #122 of 328
Is there a obscure amp (or dac-amp) that you would recommend for a high-impedance headphone (300ohms of a HD600)? thanks!
Not very obscure but both Xduoo XD-05 or Xduoo TA-10 (hybrid tube and more powerfull) DAC-AMP should do I think.

May 25, 2019 at 1:37 AM Post #124 of 328
Has anyone perhaps had experience with the (relatively new) Xduoo TA-20 balanced headphone amp? Looks like a balanced hybrid / transformer coupled design, with 12AU7's as preamp/driver tubes. The TA-10 seemed quite decent as a DAC/amp whereas this is a pure balanced amp delivering up to 2W (32 ohms).

Original-Newest-XDUOO-TA-20-High-Performance-Balanced-Tube-Headphone-Amplifier-Power-Amplifier.jpg

https://ae01.alicdn.com/kf/HTB1UgneSFXXXXXnapXXq6xXFXXXB/New-****-XDUOO-TA-20-High-Performance-Balanced-Tube-Headphone-Amplifier-Power-Amplifier.jpg
I have it. Impressive powering HD800s and HEKv.2.
It has replaced my Violectric 281 in daily use.

May 27, 2019 at 3:07 AM Post #127 of 328
Has anyone perhaps had experience with the (relatively new) Xduoo TA-20 balanced headphone amp? Looks like a balanced hybrid / transformer coupled design, with 12AU7's as preamp/driver tubes. The TA-10 seemed quite decent as a DAC/amp whereas this is a pure balanced amp delivering up to 2W (32 ohms).

Original-Newest-XDUOO-TA-20-High-Performance-Balanced-Tube-Headphone-Amplifier-Power-Amplifier.jpg

https://ae01.alicdn.com/kf/HTB1UgneSFXXXXXnapXXq6xXFXXXB/New-****-XDUOO-TA-20-High-Performance-Balanced-Tube-Headphone-Amplifier-Power-Amplifier.jpg

I'm feeding mine with an audio-gd r1 DAC, output goes to the Stellia headphones in a pure balanced design.
Next to this amp I also have an audio-gd nfb-1amp but that isn't used when I want the bliss of the stellia headphones, which is around 95% of my listening time.
So in my case this xduoo ta-20 is my main amp.

Jul 1, 2019 at 12:56 AM Post #128 of 328
Last edited:
Jul 1, 2019 at 1:00 AM Post #129 of 328
lmao, please tell me this is some kind of joke :)

TA-10 made Zeos cry, It's legit I have one. Do you have much experience with chi-fi to think it's a joke? This amp can give toe to toe with any $300-500 DAC and beats the pants off an LCX for clarity and overall timbre depending on the tube used.

Last edited:
Jul 1, 2019 at 1:05 AM Post #130 of 328
Last edited:
Jul 1, 2019 at 5:31 AM Post #131 of 328
Not at all.

Okay then.

I am reviewing TA10 as well so we'll see.

TA-10 made Zeos cry, It's legit I have one. Do you have much experience with chi-fi to think it's a joke? This amp can give toe to toe with any $300-500 DAC and beats the pants off an LCX for clarity and overall timbre depending on the tube used.

I have a ton of experience with Chi-Fi, but when hearing that it replaced a violectric 281, that is kinda hard to trust for me, knowing that the 281 is a 2K USD thingy that's well worth its asking price.

I trust TA10 can go toe to toe with 500 USD DAC/AMPs, but not with 2K USD violectric 281...

Ay any rate, I will be reviewing TA-10 as well now, as you all got me curious, xDuoo products have been quite excellent to me so far, so I'm sure it will be interesting for an experience :)

Jul 1, 2019 at 7:20 AM Post #133 of 328
Okay then.

I am reviewing TA10 as well so we'll see.

I have a ton of experience with Chi-Fi, but when hearing that it replaced a violectric 281, that is kinda hard to trust for me, knowing that the 281 is a 2K USD thingy that's well worth its asking price.

I trust TA10 can go toe to toe with 500 USD DAC/AMPs, but not with 2K USD violectric 281...

Ay any rate, I will be reviewing TA-10 as well now, as you all got me curious, xDuoo products have been quite excellent to me so far, so I'm sure it will be interesting for an experience :)
I was referring to my TA-20 not TA-10. The TA-20 is still my daily driver and the 281 is in the cupboard and up for sale if anyone in HK wants it.

Jul 1, 2019 at 9:20 AM Post #134 of 328
TA-10 is a great hybrid tube amp, crystal clear with supreme black noise floor. I don,t find it extremely powerfull tough.

Still searching the perfect powerfull amp to replace my beloved vintage Sansui AU-D5.

For dac-amp, I try the Xuoo Poke and its very similar to the XD-05 in term of sound and even power, but you cannot change op amp. Anyway, its real portable dac-amp and battery life is better. It use AK4490 dac.

I'm really REALLY curious to know how the ESS sabre ES9038 dac sound...anybody heard dac-amp with this decoder???? Wish somebody compare it with ES9018

Jul 1, 2019 at 9:50 AM Post #135 of 328
TA-10 is a great hybrid tube amp, crystal clear with supreme black noise floor. I don,t find it extremely powerfull tough.

Still searching the perfect powerfull amp to replace my beloved vintage Sansui AU-D5.

For dac-amp, I try the Xuoo Poke and its very similar to the XD-05 in term of sound and even power, but you cannot change op amp. Anyway, its real portable dac-amp and battery life is better. It use AK4490 dac.

I'm really REALLY curious to know how the ESS sabre ES9038 dac sound...anybody heard dac-amp with this decoder???? Wish somebody compare it with ES9018
For more power try the TA-20.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back