Personal BEST DAC-AMP & DONGLES discoveries thread (Best finds Reference List)
Dec 6, 2020 at 4:58 AM Post #272 of 328
Hi, I'm posting this on behalf of a new headfier @Mori511 who has a question whether the Muses01 op amp he/she bought for the Topping Nx3s is defective.

Video by Mori511 here:

Hope u can help advise!

Dec 6, 2020 at 5:05 AM Post #273 of 328
Hi, I'm posting this on behalf of a new headfier @Mori511 who has a question whether the Muses01 op amp he/she bought for the Topping Nx3s is defective.

Video by Mori511 here:

Hope u can help advise!

Hi @Mori511 I asked a friend who is into op amps, he says NX3s can't supply 9V. So it looks like underpowering going on.

WhatsApp Image 2020-12-06 at 18.02.03.jpeg

Dec 6, 2020 at 5:05 AM Post #274 of 328

Video by Mori511 here:

Hope u can help advise!

Yes, I would very much would like to know everyone thought on this matter. My experience in Op amp is simply 2 month old though. So i was confuse whether this is defective case or incompatible problem with Topping Nx3s.
Also thanks to baskingshark for lending me a hand.

Dec 7, 2020 at 12:39 PM Post #276 of 328
Has anyone had experience with Gaoghe EF03 which has Muses02 Op amp and retails around $43 on AliExpress. I have a Walnut F2 which has OPA2604 amp and drives well. For BT amp, I have Fiio BTR5. But want to try something new with a different sound signature. I'm a noob when it comes to amps. So anyone who has had experience with such amps please share your valuable inputs. In fact, if there are some budget recommendations then please share them as well. I'm not looking for a dongle type of amp. If it has balanced input then all the more welcome. My budget is max $50. Keeping things low as to I want to get a taste of things before moving up the ladder.

Dec 14, 2020 at 1:05 PM Post #277 of 328
So, I make an impulsive purchase for testing something really really cheap but that use same Dual DAC chip than Cambridge Dacmagic....
it do not have metal case but can be plug right way by USB.

bf80f659-a7c0-4a09-8f77-ba47a99e7df4.jpg

http://www.ebay.com/itm/252298238894

Just the dual TDA1305T worth the price...

Will try other ultra cheap DAC of this type if it sound any good!

I'm especialy curiou about AK4490 DAC soundsignature...so will check for the cheaper possible one to buy.

I just bought one of these (but one with a case), Im really impressed with it. A very easy going smooth analogue type sound, which makes a change from some of the the hyper clinical modern DACs. And value for money it's unreal.

Wish the Optical input worked :frowning2: its an output only :frowning2:

I even prefer it over my creative e5 and this was a DAC/AMP I played off against a few others as being a bit smoother and warmer. But swapping back and forth with the TDA the E5 sound a bit bright and sibilant, which I never thought it was before.

Wish I could find one with an optical input as well. I'd buy another if I could.

Dec 31, 2020 at 4:55 AM Post #278 of 328
I already posted my in-depth written review about the Lotoo Paw S1, along with the video review, but I felt like having a full feature with it for the end of 2020 :)

This is a very funny / comedic video for audiophiles, please have a look and let me know how you feel about it

Feb 9, 2021 at 10:25 AM Post #280 of 328
Feb 9, 2021 at 11:45 AM Post #281 of 328
I'm more interested in the all-discrete class-A SDA-1 amplifier! Link
People have been favourably comparing it to Topping A90, another dual mono but chip-based amp.
SA-1.
I would agree, but... Dual sealed SMPS (for +/-/GND rails) spreading ground loops? Undisclosed input impedance?

They didn't learn anything from Topping A90 (noisy, unusable SE inputs) or made the same mistake in parallel. They can win against A90 (and other THX789 likes), class A is promising, but I would not buy it. At least Soekris has learned on mistakes and a new DAC2541 is free of such visible negligence.

For there same price there is already a winner:
http://www.audio-gd.com/Pro/Headphoneamp/NFB1AMP/NFB1AMPEN19.htm

@Dobrescu George. Can you post a photo of a PCB? The input impedance is also not shown in a specsheet, it is suspicious. A feature set is good, I2S is very important these days. Thanks for review.

Last edited:
Feb 9, 2021 at 12:58 PM Post #282 of 328
SA-1.
I would agree, but... Dual sealed SMPS (for +/-/GND rails) spreading ground loops? Undisclosed input impedance?

They didn't learn anything from Topping A90 (noisy, unusable SE inputs) or made the same mistake in parallel. They can win against A90 (and other THX789 likes), class A is promising, but I would not buy it. At least Soekris has learned on mistakes and a new DAC2541 is free such of a visible negligence.

@Dobrescu George. Can you post a photo of a PCB? The input impedance is also not shown in a specsheet, it is suspicious. A feature set is good, I2S is very important these days. Thanks for review.
-it should not have any of mentioned A90 problems! no uber low input impedance, check
-I wouldn't trust Audio-GD to make a good headphone amp, thoroughly dislike the brand. The Soekris 2541 is truly superb though yeah, but kind of a difference device(dac/amp) and price class (€1460 with VAT).

Feb 9, 2021 at 2:29 PM Post #283 of 328
-it should not have any of mentioned A90 problems! no uber low input impedance, check
-I wouldn't trust Audio-GD to make a good headphone amp, thoroughly dislike the brand. The Soekris 2541 is truly superb though yeah, but kind of a difference device(dac/amp) and price class (€1460 with VAT).
Soekris a good design, it has no longer dual sealed SMPS's. It is what I was talking about, not about its superiority. For a lower price you can get R2R DAC with NOS as a main feature, 2541 is not, but it is off topic. The same with your bullying comment on Audio GD.

You must explain to us why SA-1 shouldn't have problems similar to A90. It is a bizzare statement, contrary to the photographic evidence.

Feb 9, 2021 at 3:41 PM Post #284 of 328
SA-1.

They didn't learn anything from Topping A90 (noisy, unusable SE inputs) or made the same mistake in parallel. They can win against A90 (and other THX789 likes), class A is promising, but I would not buy it. At least Soekris has learned on mistakes and a new DAC2541 is free such of a visible negligence.

What am I looking for to help? :)

I never opened the things I'm reviewing... :)

Feb 9, 2021 at 4:25 PM Post #285 of 328
What am I looking for to help? :)

I never opened the things I'm reviewing... :)
No problem. you don't have to be technical investigator, thank you for what you do well. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back