[Impression] FiiO X3 – High Fi, Low Price.
Jul 5, 2013 at 6:18 PM Post #271 of 636
Quote:
Lol! iTouch has never been fantastic with regards to audio quality.

I would never consider it a dedicated hifi audio product.

I thought the 4th gen Touch was a very nice sounding player. I traded mine away because the screen was too small after getting another device with a 5" screen.....but there are days when I wish I still had it.  

Jul 5, 2013 at 6:57 PM Post #272 of 636
I thought the 4th gen Touch was a very nice sounding player. I traded mine away because the screen was too small after getting another device with a 5" screen.....but there are days when I wish I still had it.  

Let me guess, you traded it for a Samsung Android player with a Wolfson DAC? :p

Jul 5, 2013 at 7:18 PM Post #273 of 636
Jul 6, 2013 at 3:29 AM Post #275 of 636
There're a lof of opinions...
Will X3 sounds better with 1BA ears like sony xba1 than iTouch 4 with Xba3?

This is really an orange to banana question as xba1 and xba3 has quite different sound signature, even with the same source I won't say xba3 will be better for everyone than xba1. but with the same IEM, most if not all would sound better out of the X3.

Jul 7, 2013 at 8:05 AM Post #276 of 636
This seems an obvious question to me, but I'm wondering why no-one's asked it before. Why is the internal memory so small, given the amount of space hires tracks take up? I'm buying one, and am going to put a nice big memory card in it, but still.

Jul 7, 2013 at 9:42 AM Post #278 of 636
Quote:
Are you saying you have only charged your J3 - 4 or 5 times in 13 months? Or that you have allowed the batery to fully drain that amount of times? What format are you using 320kbps I gather? My J3 running FLAC is probably only good for about 20 hours max, using it 4 - 5 hours a day. I need to charge every 4th - 5 thday, however, I never let it run flat charging at 20%.

Fully drain. I use a variety of formats because I've started listening to podcasts (Joe Rogan Experience podcast is the bomb). Since I have no desire to re-listen to podcasts, I delete them and drag in some new music or whatever floats my boat, thus charging it a bit. When something is loading, I view different websites and don't always eject the J3 immediately after something finishes loading. Basically, I don't really think about the battery at all, which is exactly why I think it is such a good feature.

Jul 7, 2013 at 10:07 AM Post #279 of 636
Quote:
This seems an obvious question to me, but I'm wondering why no-one's asked it before. Why is the internal memory so small, given the amount of space hires tracks take up? I'm buying one, and am going to put a nice big memory card in it, but still.

still beats the 901 who doesn't have internal memory for tracks at all.....!

Jul 7, 2013 at 12:51 PM Post #282 of 636
Quote:
Does putting HD music on a portable media player make sense? I mean it's not like most people can actually hear a difference between HD and 16/44 on a full-sized desktop rig, right?

Actually it's easier to distinguish with a DAP+IEM than my full speaker rig for me...

Jul 7, 2013 at 1:11 PM Post #283 of 636
Quote:
Does putting HD music on a portable media player make sense? I mean it's not like most people can actually hear a difference between HD and 16/44 on a full-sized desktop rig, right?

I don't even think lossless on a portable makes sense....lol. High bitrate LAME or AAC lossy files sound transparent these days for most people, since the encoders have improved so much over the years. 

Jul 7, 2013 at 2:19 PM Post #285 of 636
any advice guys , i have a C&C X02 Amp known to perform well above its price range ( its around $270 competeing with amps around the $400 -500 price range) with a silver cryo interconnect paired to the X3 ??? will it be an improvement ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back