[Impression] FiiO X3 – High Fi, Low Price.
Jun 5, 2013 at 11:46 PM Post #153 of 636
I mentioned this a couple of times: though FiiO announced the MSRP of $200, the retailer has the final say on the price they want to set. Since every region of the world has different shipping, custom and sale tax, FiiO allows the retailer to make the final adjustment to the price to reflect the different cost. As for why the HK dealer is selling on a higher price while it is close to China and HK being a mostly tax free city - the answer is obvious: Because now the supply < demand, and some is willing to pay more for harder-to-get commodity.

Jun 9, 2013 at 10:00 AM Post #154 of 636
Can anyone say when the X3 might be available in the United Kingdom?

AdvancedMP3 are often the first to get this sort of thing here, but I see no mention of it, or of a price for the UK.

Jun 10, 2013 at 9:40 AM Post #156 of 636
What about Australia? also is anyone else having problems accessing their website?

Would this replace the FiiO E17 or would their be a significant increase in sound quality if they were connected together?

Jun 10, 2013 at 9:54 AM Post #157 of 636
Quote:
What about Australia? also is anyone else having problems accessing their website?

Would this replace the FiiO E17 or would their be a significant increase in sound quality if they were connected together?

There'd be no increase whatsoever. I remember ClieOS stating that despite the X3 basically having the whole E17 onboard, it sounds slightly better than the E17.

Jun 10, 2013 at 9:05 PM Post #159 of 636
Quote:
Does anybody have any experience with any of the Hong Kong vendors on Ebay?

The iBasso not doing it for ya?? 
size]

Jun 10, 2013 at 10:40 PM Post #161 of 636
Does anybody have any experience with any of the Hong Kong vendors on Ebay?

I would recommend sticking with your usual vendors and/or authorized Fiio sellers for proper refund, RMA, and warranty support etc. It should be available for the US very soon per James.

Jun 11, 2013 at 2:38 PM Post #162 of 636
It just came on for pre-order in the uk at EA Audio.  About £160 and delivery end of July...

Jun 11, 2013 at 8:07 PM Post #165 of 636
Yes it does. When you connect the X3 to your Mac, it appears as USB storage devices: one for the internal 8G memory and the other for your microSD card.
Firmware update doesn't require any software to be installed; just copy it to your SD card and restart your X3.

Quote:
hi
does the X3 work with -Apple computers--Macbook?
thanks,
Bruce

Users who are viewing this thread

Back