I'm starting it here... Sennheiser IE8 vs. Westone 3
Dec 31, 2008 at 12:42 PM Post #181 of 269
Quote:

Originally Posted by AgainstTheGrain /img/forum/go_quote.gif
any recommendations? i've heard really good things about the complys.

Personally i really didnt like the Comply's with this IEM. Found that it muffled the highs and pronounced the bass too much. This is because these IEM's are already bass heavy so u dont want anything to accentuate the lows any more, rather something that will open up the highs.
I use some JVC silicone tips i've been using for a long time now. They are similar to the stadard Sony and Senn silicone tips but are made to a much higher quality, i.e. much thicker silicone (better isolation + fit).
JVC give them bundled with their cheap 'phones. Cant really find them sold seperatly anywhere.
But at the end of the day, its up to personal preference since i dont believe any 2 people have the same ears/ear canals. Therefore i would suggest u experiment with any tips u can get ur hands on.

The sky's the limit!

Dec 31, 2008 at 12:51 PM Post #182 of 269
Quote:

Originally Posted by MusicalMetal420 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
swap round the left and right ear-peices,

put right into your left ear, and left into your right here

Hi there, can you just confirm if this exact method will prevent the music from being reversed? I don't like to hear anything the wrong way round, it makes me dizzy
atsmile.gif

Dec 31, 2008 at 1:02 PM Post #183 of 269
Quote:

Originally Posted by soozieq /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hi there, can you just confirm if this exact method will prevent the music from being reversed? I don't like to hear anything the wrong way round, it makes me dizzy
atsmile.gif

all you have to do is switch the cables. they are detachable and it takes like probably 1 minute

Dec 31, 2008 at 1:15 PM Post #184 of 269
back with another batch of impressions.

well i let two of my associates listen to the IE8 yesterday at work. one didn't want to give them back btw. they both listened for about 15 min or so a piece. one listened to some jazz, soft rock, and just melo music basically. the other listened to alot of rock, and 80s music.

they both said the IE8 sound amazing. both said they sound better than the SE530 and Image X10. i'm not gonna write an essay here but the first person said that the jazz music made him feel like he was right there at a listening session. not right next to the music as with the se530s but the music was around him.

the second person said that the instrument separation was excellent. wicked good bass and crisp highs. this guy was tapping up a storm while listening. he didn't wanna give them back. he said they were awesome especially for the price i paid for them. i believe burn-in has also helped with their impressions since i have been burning in for about 48 hours now.

also they were both wearing them downwards with the cables i switched. they both said fit was excellent but the first person has deeper ear canals so he needed some bigger tips to prevent the buds from coming out. Hope this helps.
ksc75smile.gif

Dec 31, 2008 at 10:59 PM Post #185 of 269
Quote:

also they were both wearing them downwards with the cables i switched. they both said fit was excellent but the first person has deeper ear canals so he needed some bigger tips to prevent the buds from coming out.

About wearing downwards... I've noted others on this forum suggest this, too. IME, this strategy absolutely does not work with any of tips that comes with the IE8.

What tips are you using (prefer)?

Jan 1, 2009 at 7:53 AM Post #186 of 269
Quote:

Originally Posted by headfone /img/forum/go_quote.gif
About wearing downwards... I've noted others on this forum suggest this, too. IME, this strategy absolutely does not work with any of tips that comes with the IE8.

What tips are you using (prefer)?

well i like the stock tips and well as the medium size double flange which is what i am currently using. not the ones that look like two mini discs but the rounded double flange. i didn't like the foams and the other disc shaped double flange changed the sound too much. took out all bass. those are prolly good with acoustic music but not for my tastes.

Jan 1, 2009 at 12:12 PM Post #188 of 269
westone and Sennheiser will much be appreciated of what forumers here have done to bring their product known so fast to the earth planet..

people keep fighting of W3 vs IE3, while Westone and Sennheiser keep counting $$$

hohoho!

Jan 1, 2009 at 12:15 PM Post #189 of 269
Quote:

back with another batch of impressions.

well i let two of my associates listen to the IE8 yesterday at work. one didn't want to give them back btw. they both listened for about 15 min or so a piece. one listened to some jazz, soft rock, and just melo music basically. the other listened to alot of rock, and 80s music.

they both said the IE8 sound amazing. both said they sound better than the SE530 and Image X10. i'm not gonna write an essay here but the first person said that the jazz music made him feel like he was right there at a listening session. not right next to the music as with the se530s but the music was around him.

the second person said that the instrument separation was excellent. wicked good bass and crisp highs. this guy was tapping up a storm while listening. he didn't wanna give them back. he said they were awesome especially for the price i paid for them. i believe burn-in has also helped with their impressions since i have been burning in for about 48 hours now.

also they were both wearing them downwards with the cables i switched. they both said fit was excellent but the first person has deeper ear canals so he needed some bigger tips to prevent the buds from coming out. Hope this helps.
ksc75smile.gif

Thanks for this continence, keep it coming.

Jan 1, 2009 at 12:24 PM Post #190 of 269
Quote:

Originally Posted by musictang /img/forum/go_quote.gif
westone and Sennheiser will much be appreciated of what forumers here have done to bring their product known so fast to the earth planet..

people keep fighting of W3 vs IE3, while Westone and Sennheiser keep counting $$$

hohoho!

If the IEMs turned out to be rubbish, then that fact would also spread quickly via head-fi.

Jan 1, 2009 at 6:45 PM Post #192 of 269
Quote:

Originally Posted by Vincent604 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
ok guys i get the idea ie8 is the step up from se530, but what about the westone 3?!? u guys forgot about that

I'd be willing to comment about the impressions of the Westone 3 versus the IE8 that I've read, but I haven't heard either of them so you probably don't want to hear from me.

Like at this point, I've read so much about them that I feel like I've heard them both. But obviously you haven't really heard them until... well, until you've heard them
icon10.gif

Jan 1, 2009 at 7:04 PM Post #193 of 269
The IE8 are the best I've ever tried. The sound is a smooth as butter and theuy are extremely comfortable!

Jan 1, 2009 at 11:21 PM Post #195 of 269
Quote:

Originally Posted by shigzeo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
what?

Lol

I wasn't gonna ask
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back