iFi audio ZEN Stream - Streaming elevated to a higher plane
Dec 24, 2021 at 11:24 AM Post #2,884 of 5,899
I'm gonna pick one of these up aswell,if it dosent improve the sound then atleast I can send it bck
I’m hesitating between topping p50, ipower gen1 , ipower x .My stock is 15v and it sounds decent.
However I’m still hesitating in keeping the zen or buying a lindemann limetree bridge used…or just leave the whole thing and use the hegel h95 built one.

Dec 24, 2021 at 11:35 AM Post #2,885 of 5,899
I’m hesitating between topping p50, ipower gen1 , ipower x .My stock is 15v and it sounds decent.
However I’m still hesitating in keeping the zen or buying a lindemann limetree bridge used…or just leave the whole thing and use the hegel h95 built one.
My observation between wall wart and topping p50 was that you get the benefit of wall wart without artifacts. That’s what topping p50 did to my system. I have tried many different ac conditioner in the past but there was trade off such as loosing dynamics, texture or too smooth of the top end and loosing the bite of the cymbals.

Dec 24, 2021 at 4:10 PM Post #2,886 of 5,899
I'm really happy with my Gieseler Kraftwerk II Dual linear power supply. The Stream and its DDC buddy are both powered by the unit and I couldn't hope for a better sound out of my monitors. I'm a clean power convert now. Always thought voltage and wattage is all than matters but it turns out I was wrong. Makes you wonder why high end DAC and streamer manufacturers focus so much on their power supply section...
What Voltage, amp and wattage did you select?
Thanks

Dec 24, 2021 at 5:07 PM Post #2,887 of 5,899
What Voltage, amp and wattage did you select?
Thanks
The source has two adjustable outputs at 5, 7, 9 and 12V, each at 3A. For my application I have set it at 9V for the X-SPDIF 2 and 12V for the Stream.

1640386874395.png

Last edited:
Dec 24, 2021 at 5:46 PM Post #2,888 of 5,899
2s
ifi sent me ipower 2,but it took the enjoyment out the music,

Dec 25, 2021 at 8:24 AM Post #2,894 of 5,899
Yeah - it was off again this morning lol. As I say, just enough to annoy in these times when walking across the lounge (12 feet) is just too much to bear though I think the issue is having sat and settled down you then have to get up again!
Been running the zen stream with the 12v iPower2 for the last two days and no more crashes/restarts. Seems that iFi ships this unit with an inadequate psu, which seems odd. I don’t notice a change in sound (for better or worse) as other did. Care to comment? @Sebastien Chiu @iFi audio

Dec 25, 2021 at 11:32 AM Post #2,895 of 5,899
I had both the P50 and the iPower stock PSU and preferred the stock PSU in terms of dynamics.

On another note, I do hear a slight buzz from my other IFI Zen Stream unit (I have 2) that is currently powered by their 9V Stock PSU. The buzz increases as the unit starts to stream music/tidal and becomes less as I press pause.

Ahas anyone experienced this? What can I do to rectify this? Contact IFI, if yes, what's the best and most efficient forum? If not, do dealers help with such issues?

Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back