iFi Audio IPurifier3.0
Feb 22, 2022 at 3:43 PM Post #376 of 442
Planning to buy a combo of Idefender and Ipurifier. So having a bunch of USB dongles stick out of my PC motherboard feels very flimsy, so i was thinking of buying a few IFI otg type C sandwich between the USBs to increase flexibility. So, with the good-ish build quality of IFI OTG cable, it can be a glorified usb extension to prevent breaking, sounds good ?.

Good idea, imo. I also have the iFi OTG cable along with an AudioQuest Jitterbug plus countless short USB interconnects/converters/adaptors.

I usually mix and match pieces depending on which dac and/or device I'm using. They're fairly inexpensive but combined total can start to add up however, unlike some dedicated accessories, feels like a worthy investment since most gear supports usb nowadays.

Feb 23, 2022 at 7:49 AM Post #378 of 442
It is amazing how often common sense doesn’t win out when we assemble things, quite often determined to simply have things ‘work’ on the day of first use, but with little consideration to long term reliability.
I’d not want weight on USB jacks that are on mainboards that get hot and cold etc.. I am more than happy to find ways to support a product, or change an air flow situation, cause lets be fair; once done we usually never think about it again.

The cable isn’t cheap like a horrid ‘8K HDMI cable‘ I bought from my local mall electrical store - that cable gets hot and transfer heat into expensive components. Just that cheap cable in place actually has me worried about how much operational life on ancillary electronics is stolen due to being cheap with a build.
Whilst I do have a range of nice HDMI cables (generally bought at 75% off), the cheap ones are atrocious.

Using a quality cable to extend some equipment to better operating practices is money well invested.. (consumers buy happy feelings and ‘solutions to problems’)

Mar 31, 2022 at 5:23 AM Post #379 of 442
The Silencer+ does different functionality than the ipurifier. The ipurifier does what the isilencer+ does + about 2 more functions. So if you have the ipurifier, the isilencer+ will not be needed. And the ipurifier3 will probably give you better sound than the iSilencer+ on its own.
Well according to iFi's reply, on this same thread dated 30Oct 2019, apparently iSilencer+ and IPurifier3 respectively does somewhat diff things, quoted below: //Each product you listed addresses different things. iGalvanic3.0 provides galvanic isolation for USB, iPurifier3.0 reclocks and cleans and iSilencer3.0 lowers noise floor. All these can work together, but to answer your question: yes, it makes sense to have iSilencer3.0 and iPurifier3.0 as a team.//

Mar 31, 2022 at 6:41 AM Post #380 of 442
All these can work together, but to answer your question: yes, it makes sense to have iSilencer3.0 and iPurifier3.0 as a team.//

That is correct. Although some utilities of our USB products overlap, they were designed to stack and provide gradual sonic progression along with adding them. Thanks!

iFi audio Stay updated on iFi audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/people/IFi-audio/61558986775162/ https://twitter.com/ifiaudio https://www.instagram.com/ifiaudio/ https://ifi-audio.com/ https://www.youtube.com/@iFiaudiochannel comms@ifi-audio.com
Mar 31, 2022 at 6:57 AM Post #381 of 442
Well according to iFi's reply, on this same thread dated 30Oct 2019, apparently iSilencer+ and IPurifier3 respectively does somewhat diff things, quoted below: //Each product you listed addresses different things. iGalvanic3.0 provides galvanic isolation for USB, iPurifier3.0 reclocks and cleans and iSilencer3.0 lowers noise floor. All these can work together, but to answer your question: yes, it makes sense to have iSilencer3.0 and iPurifier3.0 as a team.//
Interesting. Their marketing materials and product lines are a mess.

Apr 3, 2022 at 5:57 AM Post #383 of 442
I have a battery powered DAP which I also use as USB DAC from my PC. 3 questions about adding iPurifier3 into this chain:
  1. The DAP is currently connected to a USB3 powered hub. Can I connect iPurifier3 to the hub w/ short USB cable, then other end of iPurifier3 to DAP?
  2. Will the iPurifier3 interfere with the USB charging function of the DAP, which draws from PC when I power the DAP off after use?
  3. Does most of the advantage of iPurifier3 get lost w/a battery powered DAP as when listening, it's not relying on "dirty" USB power? Even so, perhaps the reclocking / regenerating aspects will still be beneficial, as they apply to the data stream itself, correct?
Thanks for any insight as to using this device with a battery powered DAP!

Apr 3, 2022 at 6:38 AM Post #384 of 442
Does most of the advantage of iPurifier3 get lost w/a battery powered DAP as when listening, it's not relying on "dirty" USB power? Even
It has been ages from when I reviewed this thing but as I remember improvement was always there even in a chain that included the battery powered surface book -》 jitterbug -》ipurifier3 -》 xdsd-》xcan-》6xx or 58x.

For the other questions not remember well but it does not work from iphone with only iphone power - the simple adapter (is not enough power supply) but works from laptops, androids etc.

Apr 4, 2022 at 3:09 AM Post #385 of 442
Thanks @rafaelo. The XDSD is battery powered too so yes, that is helpful to know.

Apr 4, 2022 at 3:19 AM Post #386 of 442
@iFi audio I am a bit unclear which version of iPurifier to buy and what cables I need. Specifically, I intend to run iPurifier3 as follows:

Windows 11 PC --> Powered USB 3.0 hub --> iPurifier3 --> HiBy RS6 DAP.

The HiBy comes with a standard USB A --> USB C cable that I currently have plugged into my hub. I simply want to interject the iPurifier3 after the hub and before the RS6.

Amazon shows 2 options for the iPurifier3:
  1. USB Female Type A
  2. USB Male Type B
Which version do I want and what type of cable(s) do I need to set this up as above?
Thank you!

Apr 4, 2022 at 11:11 AM Post #387 of 442
@iFi audio I am a bit unclear which version of iPurifier to buy and what cables I need. Specifically, I intend to run iPurifier3 as follows:

Windows 11 PC --> Powered USB 3.0 hub --> iPurifier3 --> HiBy RS6 DAP.

The HiBy comes with a standard USB A --> USB C cable that I currently have plugged into my hub. I simply want to interject the iPurifier3 after the hub and before the RS6.

Amazon shows 2 options for the iPurifier3:
  1. USB Female Type A
  2. USB Male Type B
Which version do I want and what type of cable(s) do I need to set this up as above?
Thank you!

Windows 11 PC --> Powered USB 3.0 hub --> iPurifier3 --> USB Female Type A --> RS6 DAP.

If you went with USB Male Type B, you would need to get a Type B to USB C cable.

Apr 4, 2022 at 4:26 PM Post #388 of 442
Windows 11 PC --> Powered USB 3.0 hub --> iPurifier3 --> USB Female Type A --> RS6 DAP.

If you went with USB Male Type B, you would need to get a Type B to USB C cable.
Thank you @Sebastien Chiu! What cable is needed from hub to Purifier 3?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back