iFi Audio IPurifier3.0
Dec 31, 2023 at 11:08 PM Post #436 of 442
I would like to take a moment to wish everyone a Very Happy New Year!

2023 has been a great year, and as a surprise, a little peek at something right around the 2024 bend!!

IMG_2549.jpeg

Guesses?? Speculation??

Cheers!!
i have literally no idea XD

Jan 8, 2024 at 2:55 PM Post #438 of 442
What are the main differences of the ipurifier vs the igalvanic? Do they serve the same purpose? I know the igalvanic was discontinued awhile ago, was it determined the ipurifier was a better approach to fighting usb noise?

Jan 8, 2024 at 5:15 PM Post #439 of 442
What are the main differences of the ipurifier vs the igalvanic? Do they serve the same purpose? I know the igalvanic was discontinued awhile ago, was it determined the ipurifier was a better approach to fighting usb noise?
Igalvanic has galvanic isolation, igalvanic is superior. However its more pricy and youd need an extra usb cable.

Jan 23, 2024 at 5:56 AM Post #440 of 442
My initial setup was a MacMini into a Gustard DDC (U18) and into the Gustard R26. With the iPurifier3 between the MacMini and the U18 the sound definitely improved. But as I prefer Apple Music as my main streaming service it became quite bothersome to control it remotely from the MacMini (with the lossless switcher and all).
So I bought a Eversolo DMP A6. I use the A6 solely as a streamer and the connection is now A6 USB-out into the Gustard U18. But with this setup the iPurifier3 makes the sound worse. There is a better overall sound and more clarity without the iPurifier3. I guess the signal from the A6 has a lot less noise than the signal from the MacMini. What the iPurifier does with the sound in this case, I don’t know. But it definitely doesn’t make it better. Just wanted to share my findings.

Jan 23, 2024 at 12:38 PM Post #441 of 442
My initial setup was a MacMini into a Gustard DDC (U18) and into the Gustard R26. With the iPurifier3 between the MacMini and the U18 the sound definitely improved. But as I prefer Apple Music as my main streaming service it became quite bothersome to control it remotely from the MacMini (with the lossless switcher and all).
So I bought a Eversolo DMP A6. I use the A6 solely as a streamer and the connection is now A6 USB-out into the Gustard U18. But with this setup the iPurifier3 makes the sound worse. There is a better overall sound and more clarity without the iPurifier3. I guess the signal from the A6 has a lot less noise than the signal from the MacMini. What the iPurifier does with the sound in this case, I don’t know. But it definitely doesn’t make it better. Just wanted to share my findings.
The ipurifer series always seems to add a bit of congestion and warmth to the sound.

Jan 23, 2024 at 1:39 PM Post #442 of 442
The ipurifer series always seems to add a bit of congestion and warmth to the sound.
But that wasn’t warmth. Don’t know. Hard to describe. Sounded a bit muffled. Something was missing. Wasn’t a pleasure to listen to it. Tested for about 2 hours. Always switching back and forth (or to be precise: plugging and unplugging the iPurifier3).
Anyway, I sent it back and am happy with the sound I have now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back