iFi Audio IPurifier3.0
Dec 8, 2023 at 6:56 PM Post #407 of 442
Just added the ifi iPurifier3.0 at the end of my USB connection chain: Lenovo G50<--aq Jitterbug<--ifi iSilencer+<--USB Disruptor|daBig Genius cable<--Wyred4Sound Recovery [w/ifi iPower X 9v]<--UpTone USPCB<--ifi iPurifier3.0<--Mojo Audio Mystique Gen.1 [NOS XMOS 24/192] dac.

Definite upticks in resolution, 3-dimensionality, liquidity and tonal integrity. The Focal Clear OG have never sounded this good!

Last edited:
Dec 8, 2023 at 6:58 PM Post #408 of 442
Just added the ifi iPurifier3.0 at the end of my USB connection chain: Lenovo G50<--aq Jitterbug<--ifi iSilencer+<--USB Disruptor<--Wyred4Sound Recovery [w/ifi iPower X 9v]<--UpTone USPCB<--ifi iPurifier3.0<--Mojo Audio Mystique Gen.1 [NOS XMOS 24/192] dac.

Definite upticks in resolution, 3-dimensionality, liquidity and tonal integrity. The Focal Clear OG have never sounded this good!
Thats alot haha!

Dec 9, 2023 at 3:23 AM Post #409 of 442
Just added the ifi iPurifier3.0 at the end of my USB connection chain: Lenovo G50<--aq Jitterbug<--ifi iSilencer+<--USB Disruptor|daBig Genius cable<--Wyred4Sound Recovery [w/ifi iPower X 9v]<--UpTone USPCB<--ifi iPurifier3.0<--Mojo Audio Mystique Gen.1 [NOS XMOS 24/192] dac.

And all that with Spotify...???

Dec 9, 2023 at 10:17 AM Post #412 of 442
Ngl i like the sound of youtube compression LOL
You tube hd1080 video much better than spotify.

I cancelled my apple music subscription because i have no time to listen lately but I had an offer from spotify for 3.99£ for 4 months and i almost regret even paying that kind of money. I do not like it at all.

When i have time to listen to music again i am going cd quality streaming immediately.

Last edited:
Dec 9, 2023 at 11:22 AM Post #413 of 442

I cancelled my apple music subscription because i have no time to listen lately but I had an offer from spotify for 3.99£ for 4 months and i almost regret even paying that kind of money. I do not like it at all.

When i have time to listen to music again i am going cd quality streaming immediately.
Agreed. Spotify usually has on-par or worse audio quality than YouTube.

Dec 10, 2023 at 2:10 AM Post #414 of 442

I want to buy cd's and rip them myself simply because WAV sounds smoother than flac

Dec 10, 2023 at 5:34 AM Post #415 of 442
I want to buy cd's and rip them myself simply because WAV sounds smoother than flac
If you have the time do it. Even better. For me streaming is the only option but i want the best streaming possible.

I used to love tidal but then apple come along and it sounds even fantastic even from android.

Amazon hd disappointed me because was reverting automatically to lower rates even with my fiber optic home network. It was like cheating.

You have great electronics and chain so at least with the same money you pay for Spotify you can have much better quality that maybe even ipurifier3 cannot give you alone.

Dec 10, 2023 at 1:51 PM Post #416 of 442
If you have the time do it. Even better. For me streaming is the only option but i want the best streaming possible.

I used to love tidal but then apple come along and it sounds even fantastic even from android.

Amazon hd disappointed me because was reverting automatically to lower rates even with my fiber optic home network. It was like cheating.

You have great electronics and chain so at least with the same money you pay for Spotify you can have much better quality that maybe even ipurifier3 cannot give you alone.
Just wish more publishers would release WAV files, I know you can just convert FLAC to WAV but I reckon it'd sound slightly different.

Dec 10, 2023 at 3:43 PM Post #417 of 442
Just wish more publishers would release WAV files, I know you can just convert FLAC to WAV but I reckon it'd sound slightly different.
I believe you.

Streaming is just so convenient that i am willing to accept a tiny sacrifice in sound quality. But from cd quality streaming to much less is a sacrifice i cannot accept given that there is no price difference anymore. Moreover with apple streaming you have also a small portion of songs (ac/dc in particular) in higher bitrate than even cd bitrate in the same price.

They gave me this offer of 3.99£ to convinceme to come back but they managed to do exactly the opposite.

Dec 22, 2023 at 9:14 AM Post #418 of 442
Can someone tell me if ipurifier 3 will make a difference to my chord mojo when it is connected via optical cable? I am using a douk audio U2 proUSB to SPDIF converter to connect to mojo's optical input. Is jitter a bigger problem on coax vs optical ?

Dec 22, 2023 at 2:00 PM Post #420 of 442
Can someone tell me if ipurifier 3 will make a difference to my chord mojo when it is connected via optical cable? I am using a douk audio U2 proUSB to SPDIF converter to connect to mojo's optical input. Is jitter a bigger problem on coax vs optical ?
With questions like this, I always answer this way.

You need to hear for yourself if it is beneficial for your listening, that being said always buy from a retailer or shop that will allow you a no-questions-asked return policy, just in case it is not for you.

Experimenting and discovering is what we are all here for, but your ears in the end will tell the tale.

Cheers!!

iFi audio Stay updated on iFi audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/people/IFi-audio/61558986775162/ https://twitter.com/ifiaudio https://www.instagram.com/ifiaudio/ https://ifi-audio.com/ https://www.youtube.com/@iFiaudiochannel comms@ifi-audio.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back