iFi audio GO Bar - The Best Pocketable HiFi System, Bar None!
Oct 19, 2022 at 12:30 PM Post #601 of 1,190
So they have English speaking representatives?

Oct 19, 2022 at 12:30 PM Post #602 of 1,190
I contacted the Taobao leather shop which I got my GO Blu case awhile back and got them interested in making a case for GO Bar as well.

https://m.tb.cn/h.UVlTwAH

Obviously you will need to able to order stuff from Taobao in order to buy from them.
No idea how to order from Taobao. Any chance they would put this on Aliexpress?

Oct 19, 2022 at 7:57 PM Post #603 of 1,190
I contacted the Taobao leather shop which I got my GO Blu case awhile back and got them interested in making a case for GO Bar as well.

https://m.tb.cn/h.UVlTwAH

Obviously you will need to able to order stuff from Taobao in order to buy from them.
Can you share how to contact Taobao? I am sure they would welcome business if they ship internationally. It looks like alibaba owns them.
Can you shed some light so I can get one?

Last edited:
Oct 19, 2022 at 9:33 PM Post #604 of 1,190
No idea how to order from Taobao. Any chance they would put this on Aliexpress?

You can use a Taobao buying agent, which of course will incur more cost. Most Taobao seller won't bother with Aliexpress as it is a different system even though they are both under AliBaba group. One of the biggest reason is actual language barrier as doing business on Aliexpress means dealing with English speaking customer and international shipping that are often considered too difficult for small Taobao store owner

Can you share how to contact Taobao? I am sure they would welcome business if they ship internationally. It looks like alibaba owns them.
Can you shed some light so I can get one?

Taobao is not a store owned by a single person. It is a market platform operated by AliBaba where tens of thousands of individual sellers go to open their own stores and do their own business. It is a mostly internal facing platform that serves the Chinese market and are general not particular good for doing international business as the platform itself really required a person with decent Chinese language skill to navigate. Aliexpress on the other hand is completely meant for exporting business. With a small handful of exception, most audio gear stores on Aliexpress are not run by the actual manufacturer of those audio gears but rather specialized import/export businesses that buy from Taobao then reselling them on Aliexpress with a markup on top.

Last edited:
Oct 20, 2022 at 3:53 PM Post #605 of 1,190
esta tarde he recibido y estoy realmente impresionado con el sonido de este pequeña bestia, lo estoy usando con firm 1,70 mañana actualizare al 2.20.
lo unico que he tenido es algún cuelgue con el MacBook, no se si es normal, muy contento con el sonido, no es un dap pero poco lo falta, lo único que no le puedes pedir son las capas de sonido que puedes tener un dap

Oct 20, 2022 at 8:28 PM Post #606 of 1,190
You can use a Taobao buying agent, which of course will incur more cost. Most Taobao seller won't bother with Aliexpress as it is a different system even though they are both under AliBaba group. One of the biggest reason is actual language barrier as doing business on Aliexpress means dealing with English speaking customer and international shipping that are often considered too difficult for small Taobao store owner

Taobao is not a store owned by a single person. It is a market platform operated by AliBaba where tens of thousands of individual sellers go to open their own stores and do their own business. It is a mostly internal facing platform that serves the Chinese market and are general not particular good for doing international business as the platform itself really required a person with decent Chinese language skill to navigate. Aliexpress on the other hand is completely meant for exporting business. With a small handful of exception, most audio gear stores on Aliexpress are not run by the actual manufacturer of those audio gears but rather specialized import/export businesses that buy from Taobao then reselling them on Aliexpress with a markup on top.
But you managed to get one pretty quickly. I thought I was resourceful using Google “translate” to figure out how to get them to call me from China. I don speak Mandarin or any Chinese dialect. I said “English. Speak English-USA”. I was promptly hung up on. Anything you can share. I’d love to preserve the gold, I was even going to call the Italian leather maker but I was hoping you could tell me the secret to doing business with them,

you were the one who one or two weeks ago was hopeful someone would help you. Any help you can provide is appreciated!

now I have 2 Go Bars..one which I keep new with my Apple Newton and a Vanilla Go Bar to listen with my Utopia. For a dongle it”s so good!

Last edited:
Oct 20, 2022 at 8:36 PM Post #607 of 1,190
I bout a Gustard from ShenZen and it had a 4 week wait. I called to cancel and they expressed to tho the USA.
just need to communicate?

Oct 20, 2022 at 9:49 PM Post #608 of 1,190
But you managed to get one pretty quickly...
...because I do speak and write Chinese, and living in a country that is close enough to China that arranging international shipping (by myself) is not much of an issue due to the abundance of trade that already exists between the two countries.

Last edited:
Oct 20, 2022 at 11:12 PM Post #609 of 1,190
...because I do speak and write Chinese, and living in a country that is close enough to China that arranging international shipping (by myself) is not much of an issue due to the abundance of trade that already exists between the two countries.

Oct 20, 2022 at 11:16 PM Post #610 of 1,190
Do you know if there is any intention to market these? Perhaps through Alibaba’s website? It seems there are leather cases for a lot of other IFI gear.

If the heat is not an issue – I think there will be a market for this but what do I know?! I do know I had the pleasure of three continuous hours, listening with my Utopia connected to the Go bar and iPad with Roon and it was magical. Amazing little device.

Oct 21, 2022 at 2:18 AM Post #611 of 1,190
My Go Bar 🪙 arrived today! It has a "HI-Res Audio" sticker on it so you know it means business😎.

20221020_114011.jpg

20221020_124621.jpg

I've been in the market for a portable dongle for a while. I have to admit that I was drawn to the Go Bars aesthetics (Goldmember voice: I like GoOold~). This thing is.... beautiful 😍. It looks like it can be some sort of a currency in the dystopian future where instead of cash we barter based off audio gear. Just holding this in my hand is priming me for a serious listening session. Lets plug into into my phone (S20 Ultra).

Round 1 - First impressions:

This is a BIG jump up in SQ from the Shanling UP5. I like the tonality. It leans warm. I am noticing weight to the notes. The transients are smooth. The bass is textured well. I am hearing more prominent sub bass. Had to plug it in the Xe6 of course. It sounds decent overall. No hiss or EMI interference so far. With the XE6, there's a bloomy haze that bleeds over to the mids that I am not used to on the N8ii. Hmmm. Warm source + warm IEM? Question mark. Will try this again later.

Elysian X & Go Bar: She's power hungry. I have to bump up the volume. Theres about 35% headroom left. I really like the pairing on Elysian X. The Sound stage is decent for a dongle, although there's less depth compared to the N8ii. Comparitively, this is more of an intimate presentation. The dynamics are better than the UP5 but 30% flatter than the N8ii. I am surprised how much resolution this dongle renders considering that it is 15% of the N8ii MSRP ($500 vs $3400). With the X, the treble is super crisp yet smooth. The Go bar seems to takes the edge off the upper mids. Female vocals seem more balanced. For my use case and the price this is looking good...

Oct 21, 2022 at 5:34 PM Post #613 of 1,190
Congratulations! I am not finding the Go Bar to be power hungry at all with my iPad Pro. I’m using the GoBar sitting upon a recliner in my office. I am using Focal Utopia and Stella depending on the situation I used to use Shure IEMs. I had a collection of Dunu IEMs.

Used to buy IEMs for commuting. Shure 846 and I thought it had bloated bass. I downgraded to 535s as I felt their presentation was superior. When the Bluetooth craze hit I started using AirPods Pro for commuting and Bose for sleeping,

Now I’m thing of getting some IEMs for use with the GO Bar I can’t believe many cost as much as Summit fi headphones. Any suggestions on mid priced IEMs that sound fantastic?

Last edited:
Oct 21, 2022 at 5:46 PM Post #614 of 1,190
Please can you open up a ticket for our support team. They will be able to help troubleshoot and get to the bottom of your issue more effectively. :) https://support.ifi-audio.com

If you can please replicate your issue and send the video in the ticket for our support team, this will help them understand what is going on. Thank you :relaxed:

After further testing - I think this some kind of combination iOS Tidal app / ifi interface issue. I can stream from Roon ARC from my iPhone with no issues as well as my MacBook (MQA light is GREEN in both scenarios). On the iOS devices, the light is PINK and I hear the brief dropout within the first 10-15 seconds of a song.

I have tried my FiiO BTR7 in USB OTG mode and it works just fine with the Tidal app and MQA - no dropout issues and it correctly shows MQA on the screen.

Otherwise I love the device and the sound is fantastic, noticably better than any other dongle I've tried..

It would be awesome if someone could organize a group buy for this case or convince the seller to get on AliExpress! I'd buy one ASAP!

Perfected

PSX_20221019_182342.jpg

PSX_20221019_182359.jpg

PSX_20221019_182418.jpg

Oct 21, 2022 at 7:02 PM Post #615 of 1,190
After further testing - I think this some kind of combination iOS Tidal app / ifi interface issue. I can stream from Roon ARC from my iPhone with no issues as well as my MacBook (MQA light is GREEN in both scenarios). On the iOS devices, the light is PINK and I hear the brief dropout within the first 10-15 seconds of a song.

I have tried my FiiO BTR7 in USB OTG mode and it works just fine with the Tidal app and MQA - no dropout issues and it correctly shows MQA on the screen.

Otherwise I love the device and the sound is fantastic, noticably better than any other dongle I've tried..

It would be awesome if someone could organize a group buy for this case or convince the seller to get on AliExpress! I'd buy one ASAP!
Agreed, I would be on that list. I literally havent used my Gold yet. I tried it, it sounds superb, and I am back to my vanilla Go Bar as I would like to keep the Gold as pristine as possible. It’s a work of art.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back