iFi audio GO Bar - The Best Pocketable HiFi System, Bar None!
Aug 24, 2022 at 4:15 AM Post #511 of 1,199
I had the gold bar and definitely need a transparent case maybe add a magnet on it too.

Aug 25, 2022 at 1:51 AM Post #512 of 1,199
Today we reviewed the Go & Gold Bar! Enjoy:

https://www.headfonia.com/ifi-audio-go-bar-gold-bar-review/

1661406603075.png

Aug 25, 2022 at 3:00 AM Post #513 of 1,199
Hi all

I just bought a ifi go bar and updated the firmware - now running the 1.7a version.

I am using Tidal (streaming from a iphone 12 pro) and I hear two small “hiccups” at the end (6/7 seconds from the end) of almost any song played. The music stops twice for a fraction of a second - it’s annoying…

Do you know why this happens? As anyone experienced this?

Thanks

Aug 25, 2022 at 3:15 AM Post #514 of 1,199
Hi all

I just bought a ifi go bar and updated the firmware - now running the 1.7a version.

I am using Tidal (streaming from a iphone 12 pro) and I hear two small “hiccups” at the end (6/7 seconds from the end) of almost any song played. The music stops twice for a fraction of a second - it’s annoying…

Do you know why this happens? As anyone experienced this?

Thanks
Hi

I am using the Go Bar (Firmware 1.7A) with an iPhone 11 (latest OS) and Roon and don't have any problems. What happens when you use a PC instead of the iPhone?

Aug 25, 2022 at 8:54 PM Post #516 of 1,199
Aug 28, 2022 at 3:21 AM Post #517 of 1,199
Hello guys
I need your help, I have the gold bar connected to Samsung Galaxy Note 20 ultra (same on my Samsung A7 tablet) and when the screen close, the music stops...
I search at the settings of my phone but I don't find anything to change it.
Can someone help me please...??

Aug 31, 2022 at 11:09 PM Post #518 of 1,199
Hi guys! I'm using the GO Bar on my PC with Tidal. How do I enable bit-perfect playback? Eg the Magenta light. All I keep getting is the Blue light for MQA. When I plug it to my phone the Magenta light shows up straight away. I don't see the Magenta light on PC at all.

Sep 2, 2022 at 4:10 AM Post #519 of 1,199
Hi guys! I'm using the GO Bar on my PC with Tidal. How do I enable bit-perfect playback? Eg the Magenta light. All I keep getting is the Blue light for MQA. When I plug it to my phone the Magenta light shows up straight away. I don't see the Magenta light on PC at all.
Exact same here,

PC = Blue, Sometimes Green MQA light.
Phone = Always Magenta MQA light.

Sep 2, 2022 at 1:56 PM Post #520 of 1,199
I'm pretty sure (about 90%) that this is your problem: By default, all Tidal apps perform the first MQA unfold in software. However, the Tidal Windows PC app allows you to select "Passthrough MQA," which disables software decoding by the Tidal app and sends the stream directly to the Go bar without performing the first unfold. (I assume this option is enabled on your PC app since you are getting a green or blue indicator.) The Go bar's MQA decoder will then perform all unfolds, fully decode the stream and the green or blue MQA indicator will light. However, for some inexplicable (or maybe insane) reason, the Windows app is the only Tidal app that provides this option. You simply cannot disable software decoding by the Tidal Android or Apple apps (I've tried it on my Android phone and tablet and an Apple iPad); those apps will always perform the first MQA unfold in software and send the stream to the DAC. In this case, the Go bar's decoder recognizes that it is receiving an MQA stream but, since the first unfold has already been performed by the app, the decoder cannot authenticate the stream and therefore always lights the magenta indicator. (I apologize if any of this is technically incorrect; I'm no MQA maven. But it's broadly correct.) Supposedly, sound quality is the same either way.

The only way to light the Go bar's blue or green MQA indicator when using the the Tidal Android app is to play Tidal through a third party app like USB Audio Player Pro, which does provide the option to disable software decoding if connected to a DAC with an MQA decoder. I use this app, with software decoding disabled, on my Android phone and tablet and the green or blue indicator on the Go bar does properly light when playing an MQA track.

Last edited:
Sep 8, 2022 at 11:07 AM Post #522 of 1,199
I somehow lost the short usb cable that came with the gold bar. I'm curious where I can buy replacement?

Are there any other good options for the cable?

Sep 8, 2022 at 11:19 AM Post #523 of 1,199
I somehow lost the short usb cable that came with the gold bar. I'm curious where I can buy replacement?

Are there any other good options for the cable?
Ifi sells em, i think it's their premium cables though as for options I would check ddhifi USB cables. I've been eager to get the latest ones they released

Sep 8, 2022 at 9:20 PM Post #524 of 1,199
Anyone sell a silicon case for this?

Sep 8, 2022 at 11:42 PM Post #525 of 1,199
Ifi sells em, i think it's their premium cables though as for options I would check ddhifi USB cables. I've been eager to get the latest ones they released
Ordered a ddhifi cable. Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back