iFi audio GO Bar - The Best Pocketable HiFi System, Bar None!
Sep 28, 2022 at 12:56 PM Post #541 of 1,211
I'm getting uber antsy for a case to put my gold bar which will allow me to use it too. After looking at the dimensions, I have come down to two ideas:
- Cut a hole in the leather case that comes with the Go bar which would allow me to use the USB-C port on the device while it is in the case
- Try a case built for something else

As an owner of the Cayin RU6 in the past, has anyone tried the leather case that comes with it on the go bar? They seem to be very similar in size.
2022-09-27_17-25-08.jpg
How do the two (RU6 vs Gold Bar) compare in performance for you? I agree that the two look very comparable in size, and I wish i could provide firmer confirmation of the suitability of the RU6 case for the Gold Bar, which I unfortunately can't at the moment. I am however interested in the Gold Bar as a current (and happy) RU6 owner, and that is why I ask.

Sep 28, 2022 at 6:52 PM Post #542 of 1,211
@iFi audio we really need some sort of protective case for the Go Bar, especially the gold version. Will you guys be releasing something?

Sep 29, 2022 at 2:13 AM Post #543 of 1,211
Same, would love to have a case for this beauty. Pref a clear one so I can see the gold lol.

Sep 29, 2022 at 5:12 AM Post #545 of 1,211
@iFi audio really needs to announce these firmware releases. At least for the Go Blu and Go Bar, I never see any announcements from them.

Sep 29, 2022 at 5:38 AM Post #547 of 1,211
I even think the AQ has improved with the new firmware :)
From the change log, I see bunch of volume modifications. AQ improvement is always welcome :)

Sep 29, 2022 at 2:20 PM Post #549 of 1,211
New firmware has 2 bin files. Do we need to flash both? Change log shows v2.20 has more changes vs v2.2a.

Sep 29, 2022 at 9:15 PM Post #551 of 1,211
How do the two (RU6 vs Gold Bar) compare in performance for you? I agree that the two look very comparable in size, and I wish i could provide firmer confirmation of the suitability of the RU6 case for the Gold Bar, which I unfortunately can't at the moment. I am however interested in the Gold Bar as a current (and happy) RU6 owner, and that is why I ask.
I really disliked the RU6. Since I owned a Cayin N6ii and the R01 R2R module, I expected a similar sound and was very, very disappointed. It sounded slow, dull, and lifeless. The Go Bar (both regular and Gold) are massive improvements to my ears.

Sep 29, 2022 at 11:18 PM Post #552 of 1,211
I really disliked the RU6. Since I owned a Cayin N6ii and the R01 R2R module, I expected a similar sound and was very, very disappointed. It sounded slow, dull, and lifeless. The Go Bar (both regular and Gold) are massive improvements to my ears.
Okay, I just pulled the trigger on a Gold Bar, because I luckily found one available on the internet. This testimony helped, since I also own and enjoy the RU6, and have been wondering whether the Gold bar was also worth picking up. I've been therefore curious about the Gold Bar for while, so it's a lucky coincidence that you responded at just the right time when I could find one available at the original MSRP. Before tonight it was difficult for me to find one at the right price. If it turns out to be that much better than the RU6, then I'll have you to thank (again). Fingers crossed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back