iFi audio GO Bar - The Best Pocketable HiFi System, Bar None!
Aug 2, 2022 at 1:05 AM Post #497 of 1,190
I have fiio M11 and now I have a go bar too. They both sound different. M11 has transparent and techniqual. On the other hand go bar sounds musical and detail but they both sound clear and detail..If you have headphones sound more flat, you should you go bar.

Great comparison and summation of the sound signatures!

Aug 3, 2022 at 11:33 AM Post #499 of 1,190
Super duper impressed with this thing. I don't even have the gold bar and I thought it was better for my headphones (Meze Elite, Denon AH-D9200, Sennheiser IE-900) than the Mojo. Plus I like the look of the regular over the Gold.

Any silicon case for this?

Aug 3, 2022 at 12:31 PM Post #500 of 1,190
Super duper impressed with this thing. I don't even have the gold bar and I thought it was better for my headphones (Meze Elite, Denon AH-D9200, Sennheiser IE-900) than the Mojo. Plus I like the look of the regular over the Gold.

Any silicon case for this?
I do like the regular go bar..it sounds little bit dark toning on gold bar. I just find out after I bought my gold and open it . When I play the meze Rai Penta. It sounds booming.

Aug 3, 2022 at 2:21 PM Post #501 of 1,190
The synergy pairing between Gold Bar and Hifiman RE800 is pretty damn amazing. I'm reluctant to say but I prefer the RE800 sound over my Sennheiser ie900. The mids and imaging on RE800 is just so much better. Price wise, it's absurd that 99$ (RE800) can sound just as good (if not better) as 1500$ (ie900). Bass wise, ie900 still digs deeper and slightly more elevated but RE800 is no slouch. With xbass and xspace turned on, it just makes music so much funner to listen to.

My protective film is starting to peel off. I might have to resort to saran wrapping my precious to prevent the inevitable micro scratches. We need a silicone case.

20220802_115925.jpg

Aug 5, 2022 at 12:24 PM Post #502 of 1,190
Hi Head-Fi! I felt it would be good timing to notify you of this update since this is one of the major threads I have supported, so you are not left in the dark.

I will be wrapping up with team iFi at the end of the month and joining the team at Headphones.com as their Head of Community. I will be responsible for leading our relationships with all the forums, setting up trade shows like CanJam, and for running our social platforms. It's the next logical step for my career and was an opportunity I could not turn down.

As iFi is a brand we deal in, I will still be around and supporting iFi threads occasionally - just not as often since it's not my main priority anymore.

It's been an incredibly positive experience working with you all, and I've learned so many thanks to you all over the past two years! I'm very grateful for the now-friends I have met through these threads and my interactions with the community here.

Don't be a stranger, and I'll see you around! Things will be business as normal for the rest of this month - I start full-time with headphones.com in September.

All the best,

-Seb

Aug 5, 2022 at 1:17 PM Post #503 of 1,190
Hi Head-Fi! I felt it would be good timing to notify you of this update since this is one of the major threads I have supported, so you are not left in the dark.

I will be wrapping up with team iFi at the end of the month and joining the team at Headphones.com as their Head of Community. I will be responsible for leading our relationships with all the forums, setting up trade shows like CanJam, and for running our social platforms. It's the next logical step for my career and was an opportunity I could not turn down.

As iFi is a brand we deal in, I will still be around and supporting iFi threads occasionally - just not as often since it's not my main priority anymore.

It's been an incredibly positive experience working with you all, and I've learned so many thanks to you all over the past two years! I'm very grateful for the now-friends I have met through these threads and my interactions with the community here.

Don't be a stranger, and I'll see you around! Things will be business as normal for the rest of this month - I start full-time with headphones.com in September.

All the best,

-Seb

Wish you good luck on the way ahead, Seb!!

Aug 8, 2022 at 3:53 PM Post #505 of 1,190
Aug 8, 2022 at 10:33 PM Post #506 of 1,190
The Go Bar comes with 10 cm USB-C OTG cable - that is to short for my setup.

Any suggestion for a good USB-C OTG cable (50 cm) that would work just fine the Go Bar?

Thanks
Torben
You can try AudioQuest forest cable, it has 75cm length option

Aug 12, 2022 at 7:17 PM Post #508 of 1,190
Yup! I think the Meze Elite sounds great with this.

Aug 22, 2022 at 3:52 PM Post #509 of 1,190
Sorry ifi for my long delay but my review is finaly up.

Just want to add testing happened with 3 phones:

Iphone 6s Plus
Samsung galaxy Note 10 plus
Samsung galaxy A52s

And with sennheiser 58X, 6XX
MEZE 99 Neo
And Hifiman 4XX.

It seems I can't upload any more pictures the site says my files are too large.

Thank you ifi audio for offering me this opportunity and my sincere apologies for the long delay of posting this review.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back