If you still love Etymotic ER4, this is the thread for you...
Aug 28, 2013 at 6:24 PM Post #2,311 of 19,256
Quote:
So nice to see you on here Don Wilson. Luisdent and I were just talking about petitioning etymotic to develop an ER4 with more bass emphasis below 60Hz.
smily_headphones1.gif

Or at least something that might better align with the new Olive-Welti reference. It could be the perfect earphone... or at least closer than most others!

:p haha I just private messaged don about this. :wink: :wink:  Good timing.  Maybe we can threaten him by forcing him to listen to some dr. dre beats until he agrees... :wink:

Aug 28, 2013 at 8:04 PM Post #2,312 of 19,256
Quote:

:p haha I just private messaged don about this. :wink: :wink:  Good timing.  Maybe we can threaten him by forcing him to listen to some dr. dre beats until he agrees... :wink:

I just lol'd at that! I'm picturing him strapped to a chair screaming "No, Nooo! Make it stop!" 
tongue.gif

Aug 28, 2013 at 8:11 PM Post #2,313 of 19,256
Quote:
I just lol'd at that! I'm picturing him strapped to a chair screaming "No, Nooo! Make it stop!" 
tongue.gif

:p  I tried to think of something with the opposite sound accuracy of the er4s as fast as I could.  That's what came to me. hahaha  Sorry dr. dre....er... monster :wink:

Aug 28, 2013 at 9:22 PM Post #2,315 of 19,256
We switched the default tips attached to the ER-4's to the smaller "frost" eartip.  In the box you will find 2 pair of the gray "large" eartips which are the same as they have been for years.  IF you go back far enough they are the same as the white tips
Oh ok thank you. Maybe the older ones on my p's are stretched cause they seem smaller on the new ones and seem softer too. After about a day and half of use they don't hurt as much. With my p's it took me at least a week before they soften up. Thanks for your reply :)

Aug 28, 2013 at 11:31 PM Post #2,316 of 19,256
Quote:
The different filters will not have an effect on the low frequencies.  If I could only find the folder I put those curves with the different filters I ran in 1991!

The metal filters can cause cracking in the housing.  That one reason why we stopped using them.

If you insist on experimenting with different filters, why don't you just buy the plastic versions off the Etymotic web site?

Don, do the ER88-50 red filters listed on the Etymotic website have the same properties as the metal ones? As in 2.2k ohms?

TIA for the clarification.

Aug 29, 2013 at 3:53 AM Post #2,317 of 19,256
Quote:
The metal filters can cause cracking in the housing.  That one reason why we stopped using them.

If you insist on experimenting with different filters, why don't you just buy the plastic versions off the Etymotic web site?

Don, by metal filters you mean Knowles acoustic dampers? Are Sonion's filters plastic?

I can't see on Etys page any filters other than green for ER4.

Aug 29, 2013 at 6:18 AM Post #2,318 of 19,256
Just got my Ray Samuels SR-71A amp and LOD cable today.  Good improvement on the ER-4P's, I'd say.  And my custom mold eartips just came in too.  I'm sick, or I would have gone and picked them up today.  So good things are about to happen for my Etys.

Aug 29, 2013 at 10:19 AM Post #2,319 of 19,256
Actually none of the three flange eartips are silicone.  They are all supposed to be the same material specification, except for color.  There is always the possibility the colorant will have an effect, and the durometer will have some range due to molding.  In some peoples body chemistry the eartips will get softer and can get slightly larger.  The  eeeeww factor of dirty slimy eartips should have you changing them before this happens.

The effect on response you show with the filters is expected.  The metal ones can cause problems.

The red filters are a bit hard to find, and I guess the orange ones are not on the web site yet.

Try this link for the red ones
http://www.qsabean.com/buy-now/accessories/

Aug 29, 2013 at 10:31 AM Post #2,320 of 19,256
Thanks don !! :) I liked my er4's a lot. But I'm liking my er4s even more. These are so good. Very clean and accurate. The detail and micro detail is simply amazing :) I would love to get my hands on a pair of er4b's. they are hard to find. People that have them don't want to part with them and I don't blame them really. By adding the p to s converter to change them to the s's. can it be done with the er4s's to change them into the er4b's ?? That would be sweet!! Anyways I'm a very happy ety's owner.

Aug 29, 2013 at 10:56 AM Post #2,321 of 19,256
Quote:
The effect on response you show with the filters is expected.  The metal ones can cause problems.

The red filters are a bit hard to find, and I guess the orange ones are not on the web site yet.

Try this link for the red ones
http://www.qsabean.com/buy-now/accessories/

Don, are these plastic filters Sonion filters?

Aug 29, 2013 at 3:40 PM Post #2,324 of 19,256
Quote:
Thanks don !!
smily_headphones1.gif
I liked my er4's a lot. But I'm liking my er4s even more. These are so good. Very clean and accurate. The detail and micro detail is simply amazing
smily_headphones1.gif
I would love to get my hands on a pair of er4b's. they are hard to find. People that have them don't want to part with them and I don't blame them really. By adding the p to s converter to change them to the s's. can it be done with the er4s's to change them into the er4b's ?? That would be sweet!! Anyways I'm a very happy ety's owner.

Yes, it can be done! Purchase a C&C BH2 which has a P-to-B adapter inside it. This device was made for the Etymotic ER4.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back