If you still love Etymotic ER4, this is the thread for you...
Feb 20, 2018 at 5:37 AM Post #11,611 of 19,243
-75095736c46621bc.jpg 6960c1bd9d104408.jpg
I ordered a pair of jdr100. Looks really tasty.

Feb 20, 2018 at 5:59 AM Post #11,612 of 19,243
Thanks for the suggestion; it looks like a cool device. I prefer the neckband approach (or something similar) since it eliminates the long cord, with a device on the end that I end up sticking in my pocket. At that point, I'd just plug directly into my iPhone, which I also keep in my pocket.

But maybe that device is light enough that with a short cord, you can just let it hang down around chest level.

You could use them like this:grin:
20180220_174459_001-01.jpeg

I just wrap the cable one or times around like necklace. I know it's crude, but it gets the job done and less messy than letting the cable dangling or running to the pants pocket

Feb 20, 2018 at 6:08 AM Post #11,613 of 19,243

I ordered a pair of jdr100. Looks really tasty.

Is that an IEM right? I've seen some "hype" about the DIRAC IEM and its technology (http://smartstore.naver.com/sonicast/products/2364844535) but apparently, both are using this "SF driver". When you get it please I would love to read how they sound. I know 1 person who loved it although the bass might be too much. The only downside that's a bit tricky to order it for international.

Feb 20, 2018 at 6:11 AM Post #11,614 of 19,243
Is that an IEM right? I've seen some "hype" about the DIRAC IEM and its technology (http://smartstore.naver.com/sonicast/products/2364844535) but apparently, both are using this "SF driver". When you get it please I would love to read how they sound. I know 1 person who loved it although the bass might be too much. The only downside that's a bit tricky to order it for international.
The Diracs are really hard to get hands on. Finally we have these jdr100 now. Will come back and compare to er4sr er4b er4xr(and with ptos adapter) all together when they arrived.
Btw moondrop kanas from China is also pretty good stuff. I will get a pair hopefully.

Feb 20, 2018 at 9:16 PM Post #11,615 of 19,243
The Diracs are really hard to get hands on. Finally we have these jdr100 now. Will come back and compare to er4sr er4b er4xr(and with ptos adapter) all together when they arrived.
Btw moondrop kanas from China is also pretty good stuff. I will get a pair hopefully.

Have you had any experience with the moondrop nocturne? I love their earbuds line of product, but never heard of any review about the iems

Feb 20, 2018 at 9:41 PM Post #11,616 of 19,243
Have you had any experience with the moondrop nocturne? I love their earbuds line of product, but never heard of any review about the iems
They use 29689 but with a port. They tuned like xr but it's shallow insert and don't have high frequencies genius of etymotics. Those are their old stuff which I don't really recommend. Since last year they have adopted my target response which is sort of harman target but flatter. Highly regarded liebesleid came out right after, the one i really like. Their new kanas dd is superb in terms of accuracy and distortion. They have stellar in the future but will be much more expensive. They will also come out similar to the sonicast dirac earphones, my demand as well.
ATM, I will recommend kanas. They are cheap and beautifully built and good sounding.
Me and their boss are friends, so you may tune down my words a bit. But measurements are pretty good.

Last edited:
Feb 20, 2018 at 9:48 PM Post #11,617 of 19,243
This is the measurements of kanas preproduction when we we were discussing the tuning. The one up is raw the other one is compensated couldn't remember which compensation I used but I think that was good enough.
Measured with bk 4195.

Attachments

• 1cf16ccce1bc6132.jpg
    1cf16ccce1bc6132.jpg
    466 KB · Views: 0
  • Screenshot_20180221-134535.jpg
    Screenshot_20180221-134535.jpg
    565.6 KB · Views: 0
Feb 20, 2018 at 9:54 PM Post #11,619 of 19,243
They use 29689 but with a port. They tuned like xr but it's shallow insert and don't have high frequencies genius of etymotics. Those are their old stuff which I don't really recommend. Since last year they have adopted my target response which is sort of harman target but flatter. Highly regarded liebesleid came out right after, the one i really like. Their new kanas dd is superb in terms of accuracy and distortion. They have stellar in the future but will be much more expensive. They will also come out similar to the sonicast dirac earphones, my demand as well.
ATM, I will recommend kanas. They are cheap and beautifully built and good sounding.
Me and their boss are friends, so you may tune down my words a bit. But measurements are pretty good.

Thanks for replying. I suspect that the nocturne has a more closer dna sound to the vx pro? I like the vx,but there is an annoying mid freq bump that really bothered me..and they are quite fatiguing.

The Liebeslied however, is a gem and one of my priced purchase. It's one of that earphones that can give me goosebumps while listening. Happy to chat with someone that had a hand in it's making

I will be eye-ing the Kanas for sure

Feb 20, 2018 at 10:59 PM Post #11,620 of 19,243
I received my Lune MkIV cable with balanced end from Null Audio today. Cable, as usual is of excellent quality. However, the earpiece terminations do not have the notch extension to fit in the earpiece housing. This means the connection is rather loose and can spin freely. I just have to be careful pulling the monitors out of the ear as the cable can separate easily. Until Etymotic release a balanced replacement cable I can live with the NA.

20180220_204949.jpg 20180220_204824.jpg

Feb 21, 2018 at 11:14 AM Post #11,621 of 19,243
Hi there.

Has anyone tried the ER4SR with red filters, or ER4XR with P-to-S adapter? Just curious.

Also, I know balanced cables have been discussed and even bluetooth mentioned, but what about longer cables? I'm thinking for professionals not using a belt pack or consumers not using portable/desktop gear.

Last edited:
Feb 21, 2018 at 3:15 PM Post #11,622 of 19,243
Hi there.

Has anyone tried the ER4SR with red filters, or ER4XR with P-to-S adapter? Just curious.

Also, I know balanced cables have been discussed and even bluetooth mentioned, but what about longer cables? I'm thinking for professionals not using a belt pack or consumers not using portable/desktop gear.
Yes. with red yellow orange filters. Not my taste and not recommended. That is why we have xr in the first place right? PtoS wise, it does perfectly job with xr. Stock xr is not exactly like sr in the highs. With PtoS it's more accurate. And sounds better. Sr with ptos isn't bad more like original 4s maybe slightly brighter.

Feb 21, 2018 at 3:55 PM Post #11,624 of 19,243
Thank you, that's interesting.

How would you describe the PtoS ER4XR compared to a stock ER4SR?
Tonality is in between sr and xr. More bass than sr, more mid high and highs than xr. Accuracy is more like a pair of real monitors.
Texture wise and other things. It sounds somewhat smoother/polished(slightly), bass is tighter but less punchy. I use burson conductor v2 and violectric v200 with them.
Comparing sr and xr+ptos, there is still something with sr making it more natural and transparent(slightly).
So overall I really like the ptos version of xr.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back