If you still love Etymotic ER4, this is the thread for you...
Aug 19, 2022 at 5:54 AM Post #18,046 of 19,246
I love the ER4XR. Super IEM but in comparison to EVO it almost sounds veiled(which is probably the last thing one can say about any Etymotic).
I understand people wanting the ERX, but I would much rather pay that extra to get the EVO and have so much more clarity. So, I will not be getting the ERX.
Funny thing is you are not even paying that much more for EVO, it is 318$ on Amazon right now, which is absolutely insane deal in my opinion.

Aug 19, 2022 at 6:15 PM Post #18,047 of 19,246
I don't understand the timing of the complaints. Ety and Drop weren't hiding the fact that it'd be a single BA.
Because people see the ER4XR being 1% THD wise & see biased reviews saying the ER4XR bass is lean then say get the ER2SE instead despite being -4db to 4XR?. A lot really can't handle the ER4XR pretty much doing warm neutral without large DD's or multi BA set up, They also don't bother getting a good seal either since I've seen folk use the small flanges or think long decay with 5% 2nd order THD is okay when it sounds dirty in fast music(grindcore, Hardcore techno).

Aug 21, 2022 at 1:09 PM Post #18,049 of 19,246
Because people see the ER4XR being 1% THD wise & see biased reviews saying the ER4XR bass is lean then say get the ER2SE instead despite being -4db to 4XR?. A lot really can't handle the ER4XR pretty much doing warm neutral without large DD's or multi BA set up, They also don't bother getting a good seal either since I've seen folk use the small flanges or think long decay with 5% 2nd order THD is okay when it sounds dirty in fast music(grindcore, Hardcore techno).
I’ll be honest. I didn’t understand anything except “they also don’t bother getting a good seal”. I’m not saying you’re spouting crap; my headphone technical knowledge is just next to nonexistent. I simply picked my pair of 4XR up while spending an hour or so at a local shop trialing all their $200-$400 offerings and merely decided on the 4XR because it just sounded good to me.

Oh, and after a bit of coaching by the store attendant, the isolation was just next-level madness in a good way.

Last edited:
Aug 22, 2022 at 6:19 AM Post #18,051 of 19,246
PSX_20220822_181130.jpg

Aug 29, 2022 at 2:51 PM Post #18,056 of 19,246
hey guys i am kinda unsure about er4xr and 7hz timeless for critical listening
I don't know how is bass accuracy on the er4xr is it that bad? or its fine
Depends if you want accuracy or quantity. I do not have the Timeless, but I have the Z12 and Rapto Hook which have pretty similar bass response care of the mag drivers.

I'd give accuracy to the Ety's but they do not slam in the same way at all as the mags, quite constrained and clean in comparison.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back