If you could only own ONE headphone forever, it would be _____?
Feb 12, 2010 at 9:26 PM Post #106 of 195
Quote:

Originally Posted by kite7 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
This.

It is easily by far the most exciting can to me, always impresses me. In fact, I feel like dancing to my tunes with it on my head
tongue.gif

I like it so much that I'm reluctant to send it out for recabling right now.

Yeah, and sadly, at least in my opinion, Grados are the only headphone that absolutely every person that buys them should recable, just because the stock cabling is so shoddy and feels terrible.

I'm not a cable believer, so I would only ever go for recabling if I really found the cable to be a pain (for comparisons sake, I don't have any urge to recable the extremely tangle-prone D5000s, as long as I'm careful it's fine), and Grados are the one company who's headphones I could not tolerate without a recable.

May 26, 2010 at 1:24 AM Post #111 of 195
My ESW9s. Yes, I think I like them better than my MS-Pros.

May 26, 2010 at 1:51 AM Post #113 of 195
My MDR-F1's they are indestructible, are EPIC for videogames, music, and movies. They are my most well rounded headphones, that and I would never be able to bring myself to use the HD800's for videogame use.

May 26, 2010 at 2:12 AM Post #115 of 195
Stax O2 by a large margin. I think I would be quite content. Of course the problem is actually getting one in my hands. But after the audition that was the closest thing to musical nirvana I have ever experienced. 

May 26, 2010 at 2:40 AM Post #116 of 195
Out of the headphones I have owned or tried on extended loan I really liked the bass heavy k1000; if only I could get past the comfort issues.

Out of the headphones I currently own, probably the Stax SR-404LE (but then again I havent heard my Stax SR-007 yet).

May 26, 2010 at 3:09 AM Post #117 of 195
Can I pick an IEM? No? Too bad! It's the Triple Fi 10 easily and without any doubt. This even over the HD-600.

My Triple Fi 10 has lasted me three years and I've never once stored them in it's case. Wherever that is.
If it's lasted me three years, it would probably last me much longer. The main reason is that the TF10 has everything I want in a IEM. It's about as close to perfect as it gets to me.

If I can't choose an IEM my second pick would be the HD-600.

May 26, 2010 at 3:30 AM Post #118 of 195
Audeze LCD-2 Orthodynamic

But if I want portability, JH-13

But if I want privacy, ATH-W5000

Sorry, I can't decide but if I had to it would be in that order
tongue.gif

PS: If I wanted electrostatic, I would replace nos. 1 and 3 with a Stax O2 & 4070...

Epic fail on this one!
blink.gif

May 26, 2010 at 11:56 AM Post #120 of 195
K340. They already are my daily use can, I rarely feel the need to pick up any other phones.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back