If you could only own ONE headphone forever, it would be _____?
Jul 22, 2010 at 1:49 PM Post #168 of 195
i'm a pragmatist.  so i look at the question quite literally.

if i owned one headphone, it would have to be suitable for just about every listening condition.  which means:

somewhat portable
closed
easily driven
comfortable
sound fantastic.

so...   Edition 8?? 
biggrin.gif

Jul 22, 2010 at 2:07 PM Post #169 of 195

Quote:

if i owned one headphone, it would have to be suitable for just about every listening condition.  which means:

somewhat portable
closed
easily driven
comfortable
sound fantastic.

so...   Edition 8?? 
biggrin.gif

Logic is spot on. I agree with all the parameters.

Never heard the Edition 8, so I can't comment there. But as I said earlier in the thread, yeah, it would probably be my M50 if I had to chose from my current collection.

shane

Jul 22, 2010 at 2:21 PM Post #171 of 195
This is my logic too, the differences are marked in colors below. This is why my choice is TM5 earbud.

If "closed" was for me, then I would choose best custom IEM to date. I yet to hear it, though I suppose it is either JH-13/JH-16 with JH-3A or custom IEM based on a dynamic driver of RE252. Latter one is non-existent yet, but I have high hopes for it due to its clear concept - no crossovers, no fase shifts, no BA limitations etc.

Quote:

somewhat portable
closed open
easily driven
comfortable
sound fantastic.

Jul 22, 2010 at 2:33 PM Post #173 of 195

Quote:
hi i would have to say 

Beyerdynamic dt770 80

this is my first post :wink:

Welcome to The Hotel California. 
wink_face.gif

very_evil_smiley.gif

Jul 22, 2010 at 3:16 PM Post #176 of 195
Jul 22, 2010 at 3:48 PM Post #179 of 195
HD 595. Not that I have much experience otherwise, but they're detailed, balanced and a have a fantastic soundstage. I'm almost surprised to see other more qualified people still loving on these.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back