iDSD micro Black Label. Tour details (page 147). Release info (page 153).
Aug 24, 2017 at 1:48 AM Post #3,377 of 4,252
Awesome deal. I think this is the third or fourth time this year that they have done it at this price.
Awesome deal. For people like me who paid full price .. Doh!:smirk:

Aug 27, 2017 at 10:46 AM Post #3,380 of 4,252
Aug 27, 2017 at 11:00 AM Post #3,382 of 4,252
Aug 28, 2017 at 1:02 AM Post #3,383 of 4,252
Sep 1, 2017 at 3:52 PM Post #3,384 of 4,252
This article seems to indicate that the black label might be getting MQA support. It is a horribly written article, so I'm doubtful. https://audio-head.com/mqa-goes-portable-with-sony-and-lg/

"Hardware updates include an new iFi DAC product called Micro iDSD Black Label – sorry guys, no word yet of any Johnnie Walker partnerships for that one."

Sep 1, 2017 at 4:22 PM Post #3,385 of 4,252
This article seems to indicate that the black label might be getting MQA support. It is a horribly written article, so I'm doubtful. https://audio-head.com/mqa-goes-portable-with-sony-and-lg/

"Hardware updates include an new iFi DAC product called Micro iDSD Black Label – sorry guys, no word yet of any Johnnie Walker partnerships for that one."
I just read a similar article on iFi's Facebook thread:

"MQA will be supporting partner demonstrations at this year’s IFA, including new MQA hardware partner, iFi Audio, who will be showing their prototype micro iDSD Black Label DAC featuring MQA integration."
Does this mean that the current iDSD BL is capable of supporting MQA or is there a new model being demonstrated?

Sep 1, 2017 at 4:32 PM Post #3,386 of 4,252
I just read a similar article on iFi's Facebook thread:

"MQA will be supporting partner demonstrations at this year’s IFA, including new MQA hardware partner, iFi Audio, who will be showing their prototype micro iDSD Black Label DAC featuring MQA integration."
Does this mean that the current iDSD BL is capable of supporting MQA or is there a new model being demonstrated?
Hoping our Black Labels can handle it with a firmware upgrade. Or maybe that's why these Adorama sales are so frequent, to clear out stock for the current version and prepare for the new MQA version?

Sep 1, 2017 at 5:44 PM Post #3,388 of 4,252
Based on the display pics at the IFA 2017 show today, it looks to be a new unit entirely. Apparently they have a prototype at the show. Firmware upgrade doubtful.
This is not good news at all. I read somewhere that supporting MQA is more than just a software upgrade. But I was hoping the current iDSD BL had that tech built into it already.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back