iDSD micro Black Label. Tour details (page 147). Release info (page 153).
Dec 5, 2017 at 7:42 PM Post #3,617 of 4,252
lol it happens.

Lol btw does the BL draw power from your phone while in use? I thought the BL operates fully on its own internal battery when in use with a phone, however I received a notification from my phone that the BL is drawing too much power lol

Dec 5, 2017 at 7:50 PM Post #3,618 of 4,252
Lol btw does the BL draw power from your phone while in use? I thought the BL operates fully on its own internal battery when in use with a phone, however I received a notification from my phone that the BL is drawing too much power lol
Not while in use but if you plug the iDSD BL into your device before turning it on your idevice will charge the iDSD BL. Then when you turn it on that when you get the message you're seeing. I do it all the time. I just have to remember to turn on the iDSD BL before plugging it into my idevice.

Dec 5, 2017 at 7:52 PM Post #3,619 of 4,252
Not while in use but if you plug the iDSD BL into your device before turning it on your idevice will charge the iDSD BL. Then when you turn it on that when you get the message you're seeing. I do it all the time. I just have to remember to turn on the iDSD BL before plugging it into my idevice.

Ah thanks for the info. I thought that only happens with a PC, didn’t know that applies with smart phones as well..

Dec 5, 2017 at 10:05 PM Post #3,620 of 4,252
Hello everyone,
Just got my idsd black about a week ago.. Thought it deserves a few words from me. I won't be able to make a detailed analysis, but will share my take on it.
There have been like milestones in my audiophile journey where I have been totally blown away by the way music can sound so good. First being my 1st audiophile purchase Koss Porto pros..
Second was Hd650 which I still own
Have owned ath m50, ie8, dt1350, unique melody martian, loaned hd800s
But nothing woweed me like Porto pros and Hd650 and they were a significant incremental upgrade to me.
And I have to say idsd black is that next milestone..
Great synergy with Hd650, everything sounds so much clear, detailed without being analytical. I am absolutely loving it.
Expecting my elears and He560 in a few days.. Will share my experience with them
Thanks for reading..

Dec 5, 2017 at 10:13 PM Post #3,621 of 4,252
Hello everyone,
Just got my idsd black about a week ago.. Thought it deserves a few words from me. I won't be able to make a detailed analysis, but will share my take on it.
There have been like milestones in my audiophile journey where I have been totally blown away by the way music can sound so good. First being my 1st audiophile purchase Koss Porto pros..
But nothing woweed me like Porto pros and Hd650 and they were a significant incremental upgrade to me.
Great synergy with Hd650, everything sounds so much clear, detailed without being analytical. I am absolutely loving it.
Expecting my elears and He560 in a few days.. Will share my experience with them
Thanks for reading..
Welcome to the club. Indeed the BL is a detail monster without being analytical. I completely understand where you are coming from. The BL can drive almost anything from a sensitive iem to a hard to drive can. I am glad i decided to go with this. Do let us know your experience with the Elear and HE560. Enjoy the music!

Dec 8, 2017 at 10:03 AM Post #3,622 of 4,252
Anyone using foobar2000 with their BL, at the preference output data format did you select 32 bit or 24 bit?

Last edited:
Dec 8, 2017 at 8:41 PM Post #3,623 of 4,252
Hello everyone,
Thanks for reading..

Congrats on the BL! I am currently running the BL/iTubes2/iDAC2, through my MacBook Pro, and just purchased a demo pair of UM Maestro V2's as an upgrade to my Martians (which I still love!). And, while I did not use the Elear's with the BL, I did use it with an ampsandsounds Kenzie, and it was spectacular...just superb...

6FQai4U.jpg

lrKj1

Last edited:
Dec 8, 2017 at 8:49 PM Post #3,624 of 4,252
Congrats on the BL! I am currently running the BL/iTubes2/iDAC2, through my MacBook Pro, and just purchased a demo pair of UM Maestro V2's as an upgrade to my Martians (which I still love!). And, while I did not use the Elear's with the BL, I did use it with an ampsandsounds Kenzie, and it was spectacular...just superb...

6FQai4U.jpg

lrKj1
Very impressive Lego stand. Love it!

Dec 10, 2017 at 6:16 PM Post #3,625 of 4,252

6FQai4U.jpg

lrKj1

That stack though... you're rollin' with it like a boss:L3000:

iFi audio Stay updated on iFi audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://twitter.com/ifiaudio https://www.instagram.com/ifiaudio/ https://ifi-audio.com/ https://www.youtube.com/@iFiaudiochannel comms@ifi-audio.com
Dec 26, 2017 at 5:37 AM Post #3,626 of 4,252
Hi I am thinking of getting a DAC for my stereo amplifier then out to my speakers. Is it possible to do so with the idsd micro BL? From my laptop or phone USB into the BL then headphone out and using and aux cable into the aux in of my amplifier then to my speakers is that right?

Dec 26, 2017 at 6:01 AM Post #3,627 of 4,252
Hi I am thinking of getting a DAC for my stereo amplifier then out to my speakers. Is it possible to do so with the idsd micro BL? From my laptop or phone USB into the BL then headphone out and using and aux cable into the aux in of my amplifier then to my speakers is that right?
Yes.

Dec 26, 2017 at 12:00 PM Post #3,629 of 4,252
If I would like to stream from Tidal from a phone I understand I am required to install UAPP. How about from a laptop? Do I have to install anything for the BL to stream Tidal apart for the driver.

All you need is the Tidal app, at least with a Mac.

Dec 26, 2017 at 5:46 PM Post #3,630 of 4,252
I recommend you to consider micro iDAC2 rather than micro iDSD BL if you do not desire portable use (battery operated). Micro iDAC2 is simply designed to deliver the converted analogue signal to the line-out. Micro iDAC2 does have 3.5mm headphone out but it is not powerful enough to drive some headphones.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back