1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

iDSD micro Black Label. Tour details (page 147). Release info (page 153).

First

Back
230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239
241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250
Next

Last
  1. ryanjsoo
    Glad you're finally enjoying them George! I can't say I'm such a fan of the software adjustments, but I can agree that the Black Label is an incredibly dynamic source regardless of the output you choose to utilise. I'm generally not the biggest advocate of burn-in either, but for active speakers, it doesn't hurt to give them some time to adjust be it psychological or physical. I guess that's another reason why it's vital to spend some extra time with products that are either too good or too bad so that we can provide a fair representation in our reviews.

superuser1 and Dobrescu George like this.
  2. superuser1
    I second @Dobrescu George 's interesting find on the BL which many don't/ haven't used. I introduced the BL into my home setup which usually runs an ifi iOne and i must say the BL provides a bit of extra depth in my perception. Low end as well as details are all there.

Dobrescu George likes this.
  3. Rayzilla
    I am loving this thing. I have been using it recently with my portable headphones (ED8). I always liked the ED8 because I think they are marvellous looking headphones for portable use because they are so sleek, simple and comfortable. I have the Limited Edition model which has the wood grain detailing. The only thing I thought it was missing was a wider soundstage, being a big time HD800 fan. Using the 3D on the BL with the ED8 is like applying some magic dust to my music. It is so good now.

But like I said before, it has re-ignited a problem of my past. I want to try it with other headphones now. I dropped by my local headphone shop the other day and it looks like I will be dropping by there again the next chance I get to try out the Focal Clear, which they just received and will be on display soon.

Dobrescu George likes this.
  4. vo_obgyn
    Not sure if this has been asked already. But, are there any plans for a MQA firmare update for the micro iDSD/micro iDSD BL?

cardeli22 likes this.
  5. Levanter
    Any recommendation on cables to hook the Black Label to the iPhone lightning port?

6. elNan
    The only reliable lightning adapters are the ones from Apple. I like this one because it allows you to charge your iDevice while using it:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01F7KJDIM/

cardeli22 likes this.
  7. Levanter
    Are you currently using that with your BL? No delay in playback or other issues? And the iPhone is able to detect and read the BL as an external DAC/AMP automatically?

8. superuser1
    Listening to some Porcupine Tree - voyage 34 and it sounds out of this world through the BL and the Meze 99c

George Taylor likes this.
  9. cardeli22
    Was about to recommend this one as well.

10. elira
    Got a iDSD micro BL and the front plate has some printing errors, should I return it?

[​IMG]

11. chungjun
    The fact that you mentioned it means you do mind the mis-prints. I know I would.

No harm reaching out to your local distributor / Vendor where you purchased it. Pretty sure they’ll sort it out do you.

cardeli22 likes this.
  12. Levanter
    Any mini sized USB cable or even just a dual sided USB plug itself, if there is such a thing to connect the lightning adapter to the BL?

13. cardeli22
  14. Levanter
  15. jmills8
    I hate the length of the unit but I love the sound coming out so I keep it and sold the others.

superuser1 and Dobrescu George like this.
First

Back
230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239
241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250
Next

Last