iDSD micro Black Label. Tour details (page 147). Release info (page 153).
Jul 31, 2017 at 9:33 PM Post #3,256 of 4,252
Have you tried uninstalling completely and reinstalling everything again? Just a thought, might work or not. Never tried it myself tho. Mine's connect once and it works just that there two exact source name

In any case, would adding a chromecast to iFi iDSD be equal to iOne? Or does the iOne have better DAC?

I did try uninstalling everything and reinstalling it. The thing is that the driver is the same USB HD Audio 2.26. I am given to understand they have instructions for different devices, however when viewed in device manager, there will be 2 instances of USB HD Audio and neither of them work!
Adding a chromecast would surpass the iOne. In my short time with the BL i have no doubt that it has a better DAC. At least better tuned, with excellent details. As i don't use the iOne with BT, only over USB. I want to avoid wireless transmission of any sort.

Aug 1, 2017 at 4:53 AM Post #3,257 of 4,252
Holy Trinity of an alien race!! someone lifted the veil from the music i was listening to. :p
Okay i maybe getting ahead of myself here albeit for good reason. This thing is well .. whats the word... a marvel! Excellent soundstage and imagining. Coming from X5 III, it clearly does away with the amount of warmth. IMO the detailing and layering are perceptibly better. Thank you @jmills8 , without your recommendation i would have ended up with something else.
@Dobrescu George thanks for the encouragement.

Last edited:
Aug 1, 2017 at 4:59 AM Post #3,258 of 4,252
Holy Trinity of an alien race!! someone lifted the veil from the music i was listening to. :p
Okay i maybe getting ahead of myself here albeit for good reason. This thing is well .. whats the word... a marvel! Excellent soundstage and imagining. Coming from X5 III, it clearly does away with the amount of warmth. IMO the detailing and layering are perceptibly better. Thank you @jmills8 , without your recommendation i would have ended up with something else.
I use the bass boost at times and the boost affects only the sub sub bass.

Aug 1, 2017 at 5:06 AM Post #3,259 of 4,252
Aug 1, 2017 at 5:10 AM Post #3,260 of 4,252
a small but practical suggestion for @iFi audio , please ponder over the idea of including a USB A female to female adapter as that is the one most important thing to connect to a smartphone. i was a little taken aback by the male USB a port TBH.

Aug 1, 2017 at 5:21 AM Post #3,261 of 4,252
a small but practical suggestion for @iFi audio , please ponder over the idea of including a USB A female to female adapter as that is the one most important thing to connect to a smartphone. i was a little taken aback by the male USB a port TBH.
Me too.

Aug 1, 2017 at 5:27 AM Post #3,262 of 4,252
I did try uninstalling everything and reinstalling it. The thing is that the driver is the same USB HD Audio 2.26. I am given to understand they have instructions for different devices, however when viewed in device manager, there will be 2 instances of USB HD Audio and neither of them work!
Adding a chromecast would surpass the iOne. In my short time with the BL i have no doubt that it has a better DAC. At least better tuned, with excellent details. As i don't use the iOne with BT, only over USB. I want to avoid wireless transmission of any sort.

Just wait until you spend more time with it, my experience so far is that iDSD BL's sound only gets better the more you experience it :darthsmile:

My review has been posted after more than 4 weeks of using it, I gotta say, the first impression was very good, but the sound is addicting in long-term usage, I kept using it more and more and it just kept getting better and better :)

Aug 1, 2017 at 7:44 AM Post #3,263 of 4,252
The standard OTG adaptor for smartphones has micro USB one end and USB A female the other. This goes straight into the iDSD with no further adapters needed. What could be simpler?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/UGREEN-Ada...F8&qid=1501587757&sr=8-3&keywords=otg+adapter

511HEomwx-L._SL1001_.jpg

Aug 1, 2017 at 7:46 AM Post #3,264 of 4,252
Last edited:
Aug 1, 2017 at 9:52 AM Post #3,265 of 4,252
I agree and have ordered something very similar!
Inclusion of USB A female to female would enable me to use all my existing cables.
No, it wouldn't because they are not OTG cables.

Aug 1, 2017 at 10:50 AM Post #3,266 of 4,252
Was thinking the same thing. Why two adapters for usb B? One usb B adapter and one usb a female to female would have been perfect.

Aug 1, 2017 at 10:53 AM Post #3,267 of 4,252
Aug 1, 2017 at 10:55 AM Post #3,268 of 4,252
The standard OTG adaptor for smartphones has micro USB one end and USB A female the other. This goes straight into the iDSD with no further adapters needed. What could be simpler?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/UGREEN-Ada...F8&qid=1501587757&sr=8-3&keywords=otg+adapter

511HEomwx-L._SL1001_.jpg
I think superuser1 means being able to use your existing cables if you have never bought an OTG cable. For some this may be their first portable/transportable DAC...or even their first dedicated DAC. A usb female to female adapter would let non OTG cable owners use their existing charging cable. More convenient, yes, more cumbersome with a 4ft cable dangling about, also yes.

Aug 1, 2017 at 10:57 AM Post #3,269 of 4,252
I think superuser1 means being able to use your existing cables if you have never bought an OTG cable. For some this may be their first portable/transportable DAC...or even their first dedicated DAC. A usb female to female adapter would let non OTG cable owners use their existing charging cable. More convenient, yes, more cumbersome with a 4ft cable dangling about, also yes.

Not all cables are 4 ft :) This particular cable works OTG. I don't know if OTG means something else.
If you mean those 2 sided adapters without a wire are not OTG compatible. it could be very possible.

Last edited:
Aug 1, 2017 at 11:11 AM Post #3,270 of 4,252
Not all cables are 4 ft :) This particular cable works OTG. I don't know if OTG means something else.
If you mean those 2 sided adapters without a wire are not OTG compatible. it could be very possible.
I know. But when you say existing cables I, wrongfully, assumed you meant the cables that come with a phone. Those cables are roughly 4 foot depending on the manufacturer. OTG (USB On the Go) stands for a cable that has a micro usb/usbc connection on one end (for the phone) and a usb a female connection on the other end. This allows phones to connect to external devices like external hard-drives or external DACs like the BL.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back