1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

iDSD micro Black Label. Tour details (page 147). Release info (page 153).

First

Back
206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215
217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226
Next

Last
  1. Topspin70
    Thanks for the detailed feedback. Indeed it takes quite a step up in amp to beat the internal one in the BL. I had used the iCAN SE and then added a iTube between them. Still I gravitate to using the BL on its own. It sounds awesome and as u say less space requirement, not to mention less cumbersome cables, power cords and wallwarts.

cardeli22 likes this.
  2. TheEldestBoy
    I'm quite sensitive to too much volume, too much treble & high-end frequencies (as such, I listen at relatively low volumes).

I'm on a quest to achieve my "end-game" set-up, which will ultimately have to be a very "non-fatiguing" set-up.

My current set-up is as follows:
    • Tidal offline (aka: CD quality) -> iPhone 6 -> Fiio Q1 -> HD 600

My future upgrade goals are as follows (I've done my research and have come to the conclusion that these 2 headphones will likely be my best options re: "non-fatiguing"):
    • HD 650
    • LCD-2

I'm wondering which is the best portable dac/amp option for driving both of these headphones (HD 650 & LCD-2):
    • iDSD Micro Black Label?
    • Chord Mojo?
    • Any other options that I'm maybe unaware of?

Last edited: Jul 26, 2017
  3. harpo1
    Either one of those is fine. IMO if you plan on using these strictly as a portable setup go with the mojo. Transportable go with the iDSD.

4. TheEldestBoy
    Transportable is sufficient. I'll never leave the house with this set-up, but I do need to have the option of moving around the house while listening.

5. cardeli22
    Some people have complained about the reliability of the microusb connection of the Mojo and other portable DACs with a microusb connection becoming loose or damaged over time. The BL having having a USB A male port is sturdier and more durable. Just something to keep in mind.

6. earChasm
    Hi everyone,

Just created an account on HeadFi but have been lurking for a few months. Recently I bought de iDSD BL and I'm using it with my AK70 DAP. Since then I have listen to my music for at least 1 hour a day :.)
    It's a super combo but I really wished the AK70 had two sd slots because I want access to more music without swapping cards. I could use my Opus #1 (has two slots) but it has no DoP. Besides that, I can't find a short mini toslink cable anywhere (unless very, very expensive) so I'm letting that one go.

Just like TheEldestBoy I'm using this setup for in-house only. I listen on the couch, in bed or behind my computer. I'm glad I went for a transportable setup instead of a fixed one :.)

* Changed cough to couch

Last edited: Jul 28, 2017
    cardeli22 likes this.
  7. superuser1
    Has anyone tried to get a oneplus 3t or 3 working with the BL?

8. Dobrescu George
    You want to give up on your Mi Max ?...

9. joshnor713
    I did. It works, just strangely not out of the box (at least when I had it). There's a usb audio out setting you have to enable, which is not usual on Android phones. Main point - it does work, lol.

Dobrescu George likes this.
  10. Dobrescu George
    Good to know that it works!

I guess that our friend will be very happy, although I'd still take Mi Max as the better one simply because I like the larger screen on it.

11. iFi audio
    You have a PM! :)

We'll look into your problem and help you, no worries!

To everyone else, enjoy your weekend folks!

iFi audio Stay updated on iFi audio at their sponsor page on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/iFiAudio/ https://twitter.com/ifiaudio https://www.instagram.com/ifiaudio/ https://ifi-audio.com/ info@ifi-audio.com
  12. superuser1
    Its more like i was waiting for the Mi Max 2.. they came out with a 64 gig model. I want something with at least 128 ROM and expandable mSD slot with 256 gigs compatibility. Ok maybe i am getting ahead of myself. :)
    I currently have the OP 3T and thats why i was asking about it.

Dobrescu George likes this.
  13. Dobrescu George
    Oh, I see!

I'll get Mi Max 2 soon and will let you know how it works.

I might need another otg cable for it since it is USB-C

At any rate, I am quite disappointed in Mi Max 2 as well as far as specs go, but it has the same display and will sport even more battery than Mi Max , so using it with iDSD BL will provide even more hours of joy!

superuser1 likes this.
  14. BillsonChang007
    Random thought. Would it not be interesting if the iFi Mirco iDSD comes with a wireless connection too like the retro line :deadhorse:

15. technobear
    Dobrescu George and superuser1 like this.
First

Back
206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215
217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226
Next

Last