iDSD micro Black Label. Tour details (page 147). Release info (page 153).
Apr 13, 2017 at 6:49 PM Post #2,881 of 4,252
the EU demo BL draw can not come fast enough 
tongue.gif

fingers crossed 
gs1000.gif

Apr 13, 2017 at 10:49 PM Post #2,884 of 4,252
By the way, which is the filter most liked? 

I've been testing all of them, and while all of them sound good, the standard seems to enhance the textures a bit while the bit-perfect seems to make music sound more romantic / enthusiastic :wink:

The best config is always the one you enjoy the most yourself. :D :D

Apr 13, 2017 at 10:57 PM Post #2,885 of 4,252
The best config is always the one you enjoy the most yourself.
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Woah 

Nice pictures ! 

I bring this to the table ! 

As for the configuration, I'm barely playing with the settings, discovering what every setting does and what impact it has on sound. Every setting seems to give the sound a flavor, but I like all of them, it is hard to pick a favorite right now 
gs1000.gif

Apr 14, 2017 at 4:20 AM Post #2,886 of 4,252
Oops!  I'd posted this in another thread when I'd meant to post here.  It's OK; that thread is a good iDSD thread too...

Well, my review of the Black Label is finally up.  As were so many others, I was blown away by this little unit, and think it has a markedly noticeable improvement in sound versus the original iDSD Silver.   http://www.head-fi.org/products/ifi-audio-micro-idsd/reviews/18405

Thank you iFi for letting me post my review a bit late.  I'm a 59 year old college student in physics, and I don't have much time for anything else.  iFi was aware of this and let me evaluate one anyway.  I didn't really have time for much of an evaluation either, much to my disappointment. 

Unfortunately, I also have the budget of a college student, which will soon be strained further by the necessary and required (if my wife asks, this is NECESSARY and REQUIRED, right?) purchase of a Black Label edition or even (OK, dreaming here) a Pro iDSD.  I of course can't speak to the latter, but the BL really is that good.  Why hasn't music always sounded like this?

Apr 14, 2017 at 7:54 AM Post #2,887 of 4,252
Oops!  I'd posted this in another thread when I'd meant to post here.  It's OK; that thread is a good iDSD thread too...

Well, my review of the Black Label is finally up.  As were so many others, I was blown away by this little unit, and think it has a markedly noticeable improvement in sound versus the original iDSD Silver.   http://www.head-fi.org/products/ifi-audio-micro-idsd/reviews/18405

Thank you iFi for letting me post my review a bit late.  I'm a 59 year old college student in physics, and I don't have much time for anything else.  iFi was aware of this and let me evaluate one anyway.  I didn't really have time for much of an evaluation either, much to my disappointment. 

Unfortunately, I also have the budget of a college student, which will soon be strained further by the necessary and required (if my wife asks, this is NECESSARY and REQUIRED, right?) purchase of a Black Label edition or even (OK, dreaming here) a Pro iDSD.  I of course can't speak to the latter, but the BL really is that good.  Why hasn't music always sounded like this?

Wow... I wish I am still fit to study when I am your age :frowning2: Year 1 degree student here and already crying

Applause to you btw!

Apr 14, 2017 at 8:14 AM Post #2,888 of 4,252

Never too old to learn! I'm "relearning" Anat & Physiology to help my daughter through classes, as well as "bone up" myself!

BL is a fantastic unit, which I am happy to say I could jump on when the sale occurred. Great piece of kit, it is. Cheers all!

Apr 14, 2017 at 8:30 AM Post #2,889 of 4,252
Never too old to learn! I'm "relearning" Anat & Physiology to help my daughter through classes, as well as "bone up" myself!

BL is a fantastic unit, which I am happy to say I could jump on when the sale occurred. Great piece of kit, it is. Cheers all!

One must learn for all his life to truly say he lived 
biggrin.gif

I'm reading whole things on astronomy, quantum mechanics, programming and more although my university area is engineering 
gs1000.gif

Engineering comes in really handy when understanding how an AMP / DAC works, but the magic that iDSD BL brings to music is not so easy to explain - or rather the level of joy it brings is not that easy to put in words! 

Apr 14, 2017 at 9:02 AM Post #2,890 of 4,252

One must learn for all his life to truly say he lived 
biggrin.gif

I'm reading whole things on astronomy, quantum mechanics, programming and more although my university area is engineering 
gs1000.gif

Engineering comes in really handy when understanding how an AMP / DAC works, but the magic that iDSD BL brings to music is not so easy to explain - or rather the level of joy it brings is not that easy to put in words! 

Well said, Brother George, and excellent knowledge gained! I am writing a few reviews whilst I listen to my BL through the excellent thinksound ON2's. what wonderful gear is to be had! The BL stole my heart, and won't give it back...

Apr 14, 2017 at 8:14 PM Post #2,891 of 4,252
I had to travel for a few hours today 

The road trip would had been quite boring if it weren't for the meze 99 Classics (my main headphone) and iDSD BL! 

The chatter in the bus was quite unbearable, but the problem was solved very fast by connecting BL to my smartphone via an OTG and connecting 99C to it! The process is really easy and iDSD doesn't look out of place at all with my phone. It is possible to watch movies while holding both in hands and comfortably - for more than one hour and a half without any problems. 

Acoustic music is one of the most shocking parts. The few classical and acoustic songs I tried with it sound way more life-like. There is a certain analogue, "real" feeling to sound when using BL. The transient response is way off the charts and same can be said for the realism of soundstage. You can imagine the music having soundstage with mix max as well, but with iDSD the music doesn't come from a soundstage, it comes from the place it is supposed to come from. 

Guitar sounds have a power feeling to them. To describe it, guitar notes sound changes like it does when changing from a cheap guitar + cheap amplifier to an expensive guitar + amplifier if singing live. There is a more depth to everyone note, more sway to what music is. Since I've been there when music was recorded, the only way I can describe this sound is truly life-like and analogue 

By the way, this is the second day of my impressions, and all the fun and excitement is still there! 
gs1000.gif

Apr 15, 2017 at 10:25 AM Post #2,892 of 4,252
Hi guys, does anyone recommend using the iPurifier 2 with the BL?

If so, what cable do you use (presuming your iP2 is USB A-B like mine). Apologies if this has been discussed before.  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back