iBasso PB-2 Pelican fully balanced portable, DB-2 Dac . . HiFlight recommended op amps page 16. .
Sep 3, 2013 at 1:01 AM Post #947 of 1,604
I've been thinking of the pb2 but the ibasso p4 warbler had been more than powerful enough and I have a ton of opamps for it. at 600mw+600mw I feel it's more than powerful to drive iems. That and I have been able to recreate the sound of my sr71-b with the p4 and some opamps actually to my ears the p4 sounds better but the sr71-b still has some majic to It.

Im heavy thinking of the pb2 but ron said single ended to single ended he would choose the p4 and im not unsatisfied with the p4 so I will jist have to wait and see if one pops up for a decent ammount pr just be satisfied if possible in this hobby lol

Sep 10, 2013 at 2:19 AM Post #950 of 1,604
Hello.

I am a new comer and have not owned any protable amps yet. I have ordered DX50 3rd batch and waiting to receive it. My present gear is Cowon J3, TF 10 pro (change to E5C housing) and a custom made cable.

http://imgur.com/O25l56R

I am interested in PB-2 or DB-2, but have no idea which model is more suitable for DX50 and my IEM.

Would you please give me some advice?

Thanks~

Sep 10, 2013 at 4:31 AM Post #951 of 1,604
I have also ordered the dx50 on the third batch and planning on running my pb2 from them. The db2 is a standalone DAC, the PB2 is a standalone Amp.

Sep 10, 2013 at 4:33 AM Post #952 of 1,604
I hear that the dx50 is made for IEMs so you probably won't be needing an amp. Try it before you buy the amp. I need the PB2s because I'm driving kind of hard to drive headphones

Sep 10, 2013 at 4:50 AM Post #953 of 1,604
I hear that the dx50 is made for IEMs so you probably won't be needing an amp. Try it before you buy the amp. I need the PB2s because I'm driving kind of hard to drive headphones

Thanks. Yes, I will wait for the DX50 and test it on my IEM before I buy any AMPs. But as a IEM such as TF10 Pro or SE535....etc, is it necessary to have a AMP as upgrade?

Sep 10, 2013 at 4:57 AM Post #954 of 1,604

Thanks. Yes, I will wait for the DX50 and test it on my IEM before I buy any AMPs. But as a IEM such as TF10 Pro or SE535....etc, is it necessary to have a AMP as upgrade?

I've got a UE900 and an amp doesn't improve it much. Just because its expensive doesn't mean its better

Sep 11, 2013 at 8:56 AM Post #955 of 1,604
Ive converted my whole portable rig over to use with the db2 and pb2

Got a Iriver ihp140 optic out to db2 optic in using a sys_concepts custom cable, ibasso balanced from the db2 to pb2 then balanced out with toxic silver poison to westone w4r. I havent gotten all parts in but all are on there way

Im also getting a toxic silver poison ibasso balanced to rsa balanced to use with my toxic silver poison westone cable.

Im coming from the algorthyhm solo dac to the db2 dac hopefully I like it lol I made a ton of previsions for the use of both the db2 amd pb2. Should be a pretty powerful portable rig/ desktop replacement

Will also be using the db2 with ny sr-71b

Sep 11, 2013 at 10:05 AM Post #957 of 1,604
Yeah its the little things that give you hickups like needing to convert the cd11 from ibasso balanced to xlr to ibasso balanced rsa.

Then needing to get a ibasso balanced to rsa balanced cable made so I csn use my rsa with the db2

Sep 11, 2013 at 2:22 PM Post #959 of 1,604
Can anyone give me their opinion on the db2 sound? Im so eager to give the setup a listen and they came in the post but im at the hospital girlfriend is getting shoulder surgery......I dont think she would understand if I left to audition my audio equipment LOL

Sep 11, 2013 at 2:30 PM Post #960 of 1,604
Can anyone give me their opinion on the db2 sound? Im so eager to give the setup a listen and they came in the post but im at the hospital girlfriend is getting shoulder surgery......I dont think she would understand if I left to audition my audio equipment LOL

Agree'd STAY BY HER

The Db1 has a nice sound, spacious. Well detailed, wonderful sound stage ofc! I would hope the DB2 would sound the same of better 

Ironically though the pb1 is laid back compared to the clean lean and spacious db1 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back