iBasso PB-2 Pelican fully balanced portable, DB-2 Dac . . HiFlight recommended op amps page 16. .
Sep 1, 2013 at 6:55 AM Post #931 of 1,604
Haha, the top ones were done recently, the bottom ones were done as I was learning, I really enjoy tinkering :D I have some spares lay around, if you ping me your address I'll pop a few in the mail for you....

The OpAmps that seem to benefit the most are the OPA1611 (singles) and LT1678 (duals). Both of which have been in the Top Kit at some point.

Sep 1, 2013 at 7:26 AM Post #932 of 1,604
Wow Nigel, you're so kind. I might take you up on that offer to try but not until I sort out my DAP otherwise I'm not doing them justice. Any recommendations?

Sep 1, 2013 at 7:52 AM Post #933 of 1,604
Quote:
Haha, the top ones were done recently, the bottom ones were done as I was learning, I really enjoy tinkering
biggrin.gif
I have some spares lay around, if you ping me your address I'll pop a few in the mail for you....

The OpAmps that seem to benefit the most are the OPA1611 (singles) and LT1678 (duals). Both of which have been in the Top Kit at some point.

Hell I'd pay for some of those [SHIPPING COSTS <3]

Better question, how does the PB1 compare to the PB2 Sonically and power wise? 

Sep 1, 2013 at 7:55 AM Post #934 of 1,604
Quote:

So would I

Sep 1, 2013 at 8:00 AM Post #936 of 1,604
Quote:
Well I to am selling my Slate JDS Labs C5, to buy this amp xD, going to run a Beyer Dt 880 Pre 600 ohm portable balanced [mine's already been recabled] out of a Hm 801 and then into this

What would be the leanest set of Op amps and Buffers, The Hm 801 is going to have all warmth I need now I just want the amp to be as clean lean and tight as I can get er! 

Also any one selling one ;3

Lol I'm also selling my JDS C5. But I aint selling my PB2, she's a keeper. This amp rolling is addictive

Sep 1, 2013 at 8:07 AM Post #937 of 1,604
Quote:
Lol I'm also selling my JDS C5. But I aint selling my PB2, she's a keeper. This amp rolling is addictive

Thankfully I have headphones to sell with mine <3 that and I have the orignal Box and paperwork [HA]

But I might try the Pb1, it seems cheap enough and should have more power than ANYTHING in it's price range [sub $200] I also hear people whining about the mids being to controlled, and not lush enough [YES]

And while Op rolling is addicting, I don't feel like DEALING with it, and while 3 gain JUMPERS is great I'd rather have a SWITCH -.-

That being said I do like the Simple'r approach of the Pb1 but ofc I'm sure at some point <.< I'd want that POWER of the pb2 

So I'm still un sure 

Sep 1, 2013 at 8:29 AM Post #938 of 1,604
Quote:

Let me have a look and see what I have and I'm sure I can sort you out. I've got hundreds of plain adapters and 2.2k resistors so I could always knock a few up. I'm guessing you guys would want 4 x singles and 2 x duals?

Never had the PB1 but can't imagine ibasso would replace it with something inferior....

Sep 1, 2013 at 8:37 AM Post #939 of 1,604
Quote:
Let me have a look and see what I have and I'm sure I can sort you out. I've got hundreds of plain adapters and 2.2k resistors so I could always knock a few up. I'm guessing you guys would want 4 x singles and 2 x duals?

Never had the PB1 but can't imagine ibasso would replace it with something inferior....

Indeed, and Pb1 one owners tell me the build quality of it was kinda meh and it was only half as powerful

and these are op amps where are talking about right 

Sep 1, 2013 at 8:50 AM Post #940 of 1,604
again if ur using the on board mother board sound your not going to have any details to begin with, but you might be right. Still any one have pictures of what the OP amp swaping and Buffer swaps look like? How would I change the op's and buffers in my unit? [Obviosuly open it up but aside from that then what...]

Here you go....

http://youtu.be/46QoCeD_du8

Warning: you wouldn't know it from watching this video, but the pins can be easily bent or broken if you handle the op-amps the way this fellow does. Go easy...

Mike

Sep 1, 2013 at 8:57 AM Post #941 of 1,604
Quote:
Here you go....

http://youtu.be/46QoCeD_du8

Warning: you wouldn't know it from watching this video, but the pins can be easily bent or broken if you handle the op-amps the way this fellow does. Go easy...

Mike

Ahh indeed, and yea he was a little rough, I work on computers so trust me... I got lot's dem tools and I love me some desk space to work with... might need some small pliers or something but not a big deal

what I REALLY need is some one to SELL another pb2 >.> or at LEAST some one to sell one used!

Sep 1, 2013 at 12:11 PM Post #943 of 1,604
Quote:
The adapters not the actual OpAmps....

I figured as much thanks. Can any one tell me what the HifiKit is for the Pb2? I assume it includes these adapters and some additional OP amps

Although I did just buy a fully functional Pb1 for $55, that being said... does the Pb1 and the Pb2 use the same balanced out? The pictures make it appear that it indeed does, so I got a Pb1 for $95 [including the balanced converter cable I need for my 4pin terminated dt 880s] 

Either way I am excited, now let's assume the pb1 sucks and I hate it terribly

the Pb2 where dose one get the HifiKit? And what does it include

Sep 1, 2013 at 5:22 PM Post #944 of 1,604
I figured as much thanks. Can any one tell me what the HifiKit is for the Pb2? I assume it includes these adapters and some additional OP amps

Although I did just buy a fully functional Pb1 for $55, that being said... does the Pb1 and the Pb2 use the same balanced out? The pictures make it appear that it indeed does, so I got a Pb1 for $95 [including the balanced converter cable I need for my 4pin terminated dt 880s] 

Either way I am excited, now let's assume the pb1 sucks and I hate it terribly

the Pb2 where dose one get the HifiKit? And what does it include
PM HiFlight, Ron sells

IMO the stock op-amps aren't bad

Ron's TopKits are good but it's not a night and day difference for me, just a chance to try a different sound

Users who are viewing this thread

Back