iBasso IT01 a fun IEM. Single multilayered graphene driver. !! 99 USD !!
May 16, 2018 at 4:46 AM Post #2,072 of 3,079
Trying European walnut (Juglans regia) as first half-open backplate example. Also hoping to get some Lilac (Syringa vulgaris) to test out difference.
Prefer looks of walnut but Lilac might be upgrade SQ wise, specs are probably closer to gaboon ebony also.

Edit: First test plate with "hardened" walnut successfully done! I like looks and match of walnut with red/blue shells ;P

Last edited:
May 16, 2018 at 2:21 PM Post #2,073 of 3,079
So, got my puppies after more than 3 weeks of waiting from penon.
First impression, pretty good build quality, and that cable :heart_eyes:, hats off to iBasso for this awesome cable.

Just had a half hour of brief listening session after a couple of hours burnin done with pink noise, frequency sweeps.
Initial impression, quite good, previously had MA750s who somebody stole :rage:, but compared to them, IT01 has pretty good detail retrieval.
Lows are pretty impressive, mids sounds rich, highs are not at all ear-piercing, vocals are a little bit laidback. Quite soothing sound signature actually.

Overall, better than my MA750s in every aspect, apart from the soundstage. Instrument separation is better than MA750s, but soundstage feels a tiny bit narrower than the MA750s.
Will keep them on burnin for 3-4 days now till the 100hr mark. Let's see how they change after that.:fingers_crossed::fingers_crossed:

L2MH2tU.jpg

Wy73Zhi.jpg

JTY9WHk.jpg

gDq3gpS.jpg

HNUwkin.jpg

E3rTmec.jpg

iX2j9ny.jpg

May 17, 2018 at 2:12 AM Post #2,074 of 3,079
I highly recommend Comply's (TS 400 fits the IT01) for added comfort. The included silicone kept slipping out of my ears due to moisture and oil build up in my canal over long listening periods.

I've had a good experience with the MandarinES Symbio W from the head-fi user that sells 'em on ebay. Ordered two sets (6 pairs) for my IEM's.

Also received the F9/F9 pro's stock balanced cable to try, supposedly way less microphonics than the RC-MMCXB. It'll probably be a downgrade compared to the stock IT01 cable but I want to compare the two on a Hiby R6.

Last edited:
May 17, 2018 at 7:45 AM Post #2,076 of 3,079
May 17, 2018 at 7:33 PM Post #2,083 of 3,079
As someone mainly using multi-BA IEMs and looking for either a DD or hybrid in the under $100 range, is this the best option? Praise is almost universal but wondering if there's an alternative I'm ignoring.

What performance range are you looking for, what use case, sound signature, and what multi BA iems do you have?

May 17, 2018 at 7:40 PM Post #2,084 of 3,079
i might just buy the it01 for the cable. Can anyone confirm if there is memory wire?

There is a memory wire. Though it's not very stiff. I find it comfortable.

Last edited:
May 17, 2018 at 7:51 PM Post #2,085 of 3,079
What performance range are you looking for, what use case, sound signature, and what multi BA iems do you have?
I'm ignorant with regards to technical answers so I'll avoid performance range - use case is 100% portable use with a DAP and main IEMs now are a 3BA NiceHCK Japanese model (DT300).

Was contemplating getting the Rose Mini 2 but realized I'd rather try a DD or Hybrid to compliment what I use now rather than another BA-only pair. Rose Aurora, Vsonic GR07 and the IT01 are what I was considering. A used pair of Sony XBA-N3 was also a consideration but that's like double the price so would rather not.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back