iBasso IT01 a fun IEM. Single multilayered graphene driver. !! 99 USD !!
May 19, 2018 at 7:41 AM Post #2,101 of 3,079
Ordered! Hope it likes the shanling m1.

And I should see if it's possible to make the glossy black into a matte somehow...

Red and blue is best :)

May 19, 2018 at 8:02 AM Post #2,102 of 3,079
Has anybody got these and fiio fh1 that can give me a comparison of both?

May 19, 2018 at 8:04 AM Post #2,103 of 3,079
I'm not usually interested in v-shaped tuned IEMs, but, I know this is illogical and shallow, those red and blue shells look so cool! How does the IT01 compare to the JVC HA-FXT90, a v-shaped earphone I own? https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/jvc-ha-fxt90.13684/

Last edited:
May 19, 2018 at 10:33 AM Post #2,105 of 3,079
Ordered! Hope it likes the shanling m1.

And I should see if it's possible to make the glossy black into a matte somehow...

I love my glossy black IT01. It looks stunning with the stock cable. There is a little red dot in the right connector so you can still easily tell right from left.

May 20, 2018 at 9:29 AM Post #2,107 of 3,079
Hey guys, I feel really sad..I got the iBasso CB13 cable about 2 weeks ago, today I tried unconnecting it from by iBasso it01 and the connector snapped off into the socket. :frowning2:
What do I do?

EDIT: Here's a pic of it..

https://imgur.com/a/v2GsyKB

@Paul - iBasso - Your contract production line of cables seem to have serious problem with soldering points! Seriously... you already saw my poor jack soldering, now this...
But I hope faulty units will be replaced without question...

May 21, 2018 at 7:26 AM Post #2,109 of 3,079
@Paul - iBasso - Your contract production line of cables seem to have serious problem with soldering points! Seriously... you already saw my poor jack soldering, now this...
But I hope faulty units will be replaced without question...
Dude, what about your trip on moding these into one of those loudspeakers?
The last I checked, you were at the woods selection.

May 21, 2018 at 8:05 AM Post #2,110 of 3,079
Dude, what about (1) your trip on moding these into one of those loudspeakers?
(2) The last I checked, you were at the woods selection.

1) Wut da... ? Into loudspeakers? Are You mocking me? :D

2) Wooden backplates laquer layer is drying atm :wink: Hopefully 2 days will harden them enough to leave glossy look. Maybe friday I`ll try to assemble them permanently but I`m away at educational workshop for few days. Probably have to wait till next week to see pics :wink:

May 21, 2018 at 8:18 AM Post #2,111 of 3,079
1) Wut da... ? Into loudspeakers? Are You mocking me? :D

2) Wooden backplates laquer layer is drying atm :wink: Hopefully 2 days will harden them enough to leave glossy look. Maybe friday I`ll try to assemble them permanently but I`m away at educational workshop for few days. Probably have to wait till next week to see pics :wink:
No, I genuinely interested. Me personally, I don't even breath when I'm holding my IEMs in my hands, let alone moding them the way you do, the best I can do regarding "moding" is to stick some fake ass wooden or carbon stickers onto the faceplates so I'm very curious.

May 21, 2018 at 3:04 PM Post #2,112 of 3,079
Hi everybody :) I know that this might be quite difficult/impossible to answer, but I was wondering if somebody could compare these to the Audio techica ATH-M50x. I know it is completely different type of headphones, but I am thinking if changing the ATH-M50x to something more portable. Something I am very curious about is isolation and instrument separation/layering. If anybody could give me any tips, I'll be very thankful :)

May 21, 2018 at 5:27 PM Post #2,113 of 3,079
Well... I don`t have M50x (didn`t quite like its sound so much either) but I have Fidelio X1 (with custom cable) and IT01 comes awfully close, if not better in some areas.
Some, to who I have given X1 & IT01 to listen briefly out of my source gear, have said that they prefer IT01 sound (probably due to great isolation + in-canal sound and thus better detail retrieval) and all have also said that soundstage effects/mastering comes out even better than X1 (which has great soundstage and layering with proper gear and amping).
But take this with little grain of salt because they don`t let brain to adjust with sound signature for longer time. I still think X1 has better (huge & holographic) soundstage.
IT01 wins in bass/percussion tightness & kick. Mids and highs sound actually very similar and overall sound signature is also very similar.
I would say that who likes X1 will like IT01 certainly and opposite too.

May 21, 2018 at 7:13 PM Post #2,114 of 3,079
Hi everybody :) I know that this might be quite difficult/impossible to answer, but I was wondering if somebody could compare these to the Audio techica ATH-M50x. I know it is completely different type of headphones, but I am thinking if changing the ATH-M50x to something more portable. Something I am very curious about is isolation and instrument separation/layering. If anybody could give me any tips, I'll be very thankful :)

I own both the ATH-M50x and the IT01. The IT01 sounds a little bit more compressed overall. But vocals are much more upfront on the IT01 and more recessed on the M50x. Mids are thicker on the IT01 especially in the lower mid region. Both are aggressive sounding and have some bite but the tuning of the IT01 has it less in the upper mid/lower treble region. The IT01 has more sub bass but the M50x bass seems slightly quicker. The M50x has a leg up on spacing between instruments but not by much. If there are times when you need an IEM to carry around rather than toting the M50x, I'd say the IT01 would complement the M50x well. Personally, I'm liking the IT01 more than the M50x and reaching for it more in situations when I'm at home. For ear tips, I'm using Auvio Wide Bore Tips. And another note, when I first received the IT01 I thought they were quite bassy. But with some brain burn-in and tip rolling and settling on the wide bore tip style, I find them to be a bit more balanced now. And the isolation? These isolate much more than the M50x. No comparison really.

May 22, 2018 at 9:52 AM Post #2,115 of 3,079
IMG_20180522_162532.jpg

Hi Paul. How can you help me?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back