iBasso IT01 a fun IEM. Single multilayered graphene driver. !! 99 USD !!
May 22, 2018 at 10:51 AM Post #2,116 of 3,079
IMG_20180522_162532.jpg

Hi Paul. How can you help me?
Please email me at paul@ibasso.com

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com
May 22, 2018 at 5:24 PM Post #2,117 of 3,079
After a wee while with the it01 I must admit it's not what i was expecting going by the reviews. I'd heard quite a few of the more experienced users say they were bright, with great resolution and layering and i don't hear them like that... even with multiple sources. I enjoy them for the low end as with a good tip and deep insertion it's pretty spectacular at times. I do hear bass notes I'm not used to hearing even with higher end gear and headphones. They have a nice unique soundstage which I enjoy too.

I do think they are too smooth though and it effects the mids which can be a little hit and miss in regards to detail. Treble is too rolled off. Don't get me wrong they are still detailed enough at this price point. Layering is good but not as good as I'd hoped.

I enjoy listening to them as they're laid back and have a fun sound but they're no giant killer.

Some reviewers have compared them with the DUNU dn2000 and LZA4 but they're not in that league IMO. I'm still preferring the Brainwavz B400 and i may try the TFZ King Pro or SIMGOT EN700 Pro next for something a bit brighter and clearer without sacrificing the great sub bass of the it01.

May 22, 2018 at 6:35 PM Post #2,119 of 3,079
They’re incredible for $99.

May 22, 2018 at 6:54 PM Post #2,120 of 3,079
I've considered relisting my different headphones & iems in the Rank Your Headphones thread again, seeing as I've gotten rid of a lot of my redundant equipment recently. The thing is, if I do it, I'm going to have a hard time not putting the IT01 at the top of my list. And I'm saying this while i still have the LCD2, the TH900 & the DT1990. I just feel that the sound quality I get from the IT01, for me, is that hard to beat. Add in the comfort, because i wear glasses, and of the other 3 only the Audeze don't get on my nerves with the pads after a while. I realize the iems cant really match the others in sound stage. But as an all around package I find them hard to beat.

May 23, 2018 at 6:20 AM Post #2,122 of 3,079
I received my IT01 last night, got them from ebay - mint condition with 20 hours use.
I will give them plenty of time to burn in, but my initial impressions are very positive considering the original price.
Firstly the packaging is nice, makes you feel like you're in for a treat. The tin case is a nice touch and will come in handy, I've spent alot more and had crappy accessories.
I was in Japan earlier in the year looking at much higher priced iems/customs and I wouldn't be able to tell the difference of price range with that fine cable trailing off them.
My ears have been used to my XBA-A3 (hybrid dynamic and 2 BA) so it is not fair to compare, but so far these sound quite impressive. I wanted to try these first before considering the 03 and 04 - so far so good.

May 23, 2018 at 6:47 AM Post #2,123 of 3,079
After a wee while with the it01 I must admit it's not what i was expecting going by the reviews. I'd heard quite a few of the more experienced users say they were bright, with great resolution and layering and i don't hear them like that... even with multiple sources. I enjoy them for the low end as with a good tip and deep insertion it's pretty spectacular at times. I do hear bass notes I'm not used to hearing even with higher end gear and headphones. They have a nice unique soundstage which I enjoy too.

I do think they are too smooth though and it effects the mids which can be a little hit and miss in regards to detail. Treble is too rolled off. Don't get me wrong they are still detailed enough at this price point. Layering is good but not as good as I'd hoped.

I enjoy listening to them as they're laid back and have a fun sound but they're no giant killer.

Some reviewers have compared them with the DUNU dn2000 and LZA4 but they're not in that league IMO. I'm still preferring the Brainwavz B400 and i may try the TFZ King Pro or SIMGOT EN700 Pro next for something a bit brighter and clearer without sacrificing the great sub bass of the it01.

1) what tips did You use? Wide bore and deep fit is highly recommended.
2) What source You used and did You amp them?

For me and with my gear:
* the highs are just 100% spot-on, with no roll-off
* mids clarity and details/layering/transparency improve noticeably when using wide bore tips and amping
* for extra improvements - removing grills helps a lot.

May 23, 2018 at 9:24 AM Post #2,126 of 3,079
Took me like five days to get to Canada.

It’s a great website for more refined ChiFi offerings.

May 23, 2018 at 11:16 AM Post #2,127 of 3,079

1) what tips did You use? Wide bore and deep fit is highly recommended.
2) What source You used and did You amp them?

I agree both that mids are a weak area and that amp selection can help compensate. I really like the IT01 with the Phatlab Phantasy, although that's an obscure, pricey (I got mine for a steal secondhand) and not very portable option.

I don't have a problem with the IT01's treble, but I like rolled off treble, I think.

Agree also re: tip selection; if you haven't tried spiral dots yet, they may help address the treble issue.

May also be worth trying a different cable. I just got a basic VE balanced cable to replace my last cheap balanced MMCX cable that broke. It's significantly brighter than the stock IT01 cable. (Comparing using a single-ended adapter.)

May 24, 2018 at 10:33 AM Post #2,128 of 3,079
Took me like five days to get to Canada.

It’s a great website for more refined ChiFi offerings.
Assuming SF Express does what the website says, I will have them tomorrow, woo!

First "big" headphone purchase, let's see how this goes. I think I want to pair it with an EarStudio ES100, but it seems like there's a slim chance of getting one here in China. So I will have to wait until June to order one when I go back to the US for a few weeks.

May 24, 2018 at 11:14 AM Post #2,129 of 3,079
Assuming SF Express does what the website says, I will have them tomorrow, woo!

First "big" headphone purchase, let's see how this goes. I think I want to pair it with an EarStudio ES100, but it seems like there's a slim chance of getting one here in China. So I will have to wait until June to order one when I go back to the US for a few weeks.

Congrats. I think you’ll really like them.

May 24, 2018 at 10:08 PM Post #2,130 of 3,079
I find it interesting that some are posting that these have a V shaped sound signature; others say high end is rolled off which certainly would not be V shaped. They sound slightly recessed in the high end to me; and that makes for a smooth sound. My primary IEMs are hyper detailed; so sometimes its nice to have something a little less "articulate".

Users who are viewing this thread

Back