iBasso IT01 a fun IEM. Single multilayered graphene driver. !! 99 USD !!
May 15, 2018 at 3:38 PM Post #2,056 of 3,079
Has anyone tried removing the memory wire ear hooks from the cables? I hate the memory wire but otherwise love the cable and the iems. Alternatively can anyone recommend a good mmcx cable without memory wire?

May 15, 2018 at 4:49 PM Post #2,057 of 3,079
Has anyone tried removing the memory wire ear hooks from the cables? I hate the memory wire but otherwise love the cable and the iems. Alternatively can anyone recommend a good mmcx cable without memory wire?

Yes I managed to do it, if you pull at it it's sort of a sleeve that can come out of the plastic bit neat the connector. Once its out I kinda pinched it and cut it a small hole with scissors towards the end of the sleeve. The scissors were held parallel to the sleeve and wire and slightly angled. From that hole follow through to the end until you have a small split then you can pull it backwards, it should split down the middle pretty easily.

May 15, 2018 at 4:58 PM Post #2,059 of 3,079
I personally am a fan of the iBasso implementation of the memory wire. It's short enough that it keeps the shape for you to quickly loop around your upper ear lobe but not extended enough to be a stale mess.

My 2cents.

Different strokes for different folks I guess, I removed it cause it kept getting in the way when unwinding the wire when I want to use them.

May 15, 2018 at 5:09 PM Post #2,060 of 3,079
Yes I managed to do it, if you pull at it it's sort of a sleeve that can come out of the plastic bit neat the connector. Once its out I kinda pinched it and cut it a small hole with scissors towards the end of the sleeve. The scissors were held parallel to the sleeve and wire and slightly angled. From that hole follow through to the end until you have a small split then you can pull it backwards, it should split down the middle pretty easily.

Nice! Thanks man I'm going to give it a shot, thanks for the nitty gritty details.

I personally am a fan of the iBasso implementation of the memory wire. It's short enough that it keeps the shape for you to quickly loop around your upper ear lobe but not extended enough to be a stale mess.

My 2cents.

Yeah I am in the minority here, I wear them straight down and not over the ear.

May 15, 2018 at 9:09 PM Post #2,065 of 3,079
I realize they're not anywhere near the same price range but if you're looking for an upgraded version of the iBasso IT01, try the Empire Ears Bravado.

It's similar to the IT01 except it has a stronger sub-bass, cleaner mid-bass and clearer vocals + treble. I have trouble listening to the IT01 or even the Campfire Comets after I got these. It packs the same "punch" as the IT01 except it hits harder and tighter.

IT01 still wins on comfort though. Probably the most comfortable IEMs I have :)

May 15, 2018 at 9:59 PM Post #2,066 of 3,079

I highly recommend Comply's (TS 400 fits the IT01) for added comfort. The included silicone kept slipping out of my ears due to moisture and oil build up in my canal over long listening periods.

May 15, 2018 at 10:24 PM Post #2,067 of 3,079
I realize they're not anywhere near the same price range but if you're looking for an upgraded version of the iBasso IT01, try the Empire Ears Bravado.

It's similar to the IT01 except it has a stronger sub-bass, cleaner mid-bass and clearer vocals + treble. I have trouble listening to the IT01 or even the Campfire Comets after I got these. It packs the same "punch" as the IT01 except it hits harder and tighter.

Just read your review on the EE thread. I was going to buy the Massdrop Plus this Friday, now I'm not so sure...choices, choices :-/

May 15, 2018 at 10:38 PM Post #2,068 of 3,079
Just read your review on the EE thread. I was going to buy the Massdrop Plus this Friday, now I'm not so sure...choices, choices :-/

Bravado. You won't be disappointed.

Granted, I'm also getting the Massdrop Plus on Friday haha.

May 15, 2018 at 11:18 PM Post #2,070 of 3,079

Users who are viewing this thread

Back