iBasso IT01 a fun IEM. Single multilayered graphene driver. !! 99 USD !!
Dec 27, 2017 at 12:34 AM Post #601 of 3,079
Re-posted my original review to Head-Fi: https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/ibasso-it01.22774/reviews#review-19624

DSC04679-small.JPG

Dec 27, 2017 at 5:35 AM Post #602 of 3,079
Just received my open box from Advancedmp3players.co.uk: they score a brilliant 9/10 in the comfort department (10/10 being PFE 112 and Fiio F9. Using small Spin-Fit, waiting for MandarinEs Symbio to arrive). Too early to talk about sound impressions - love the cable.

P.S. having bought them for 50£ is a good feeling.

0aNF9UG.jpg

Last edited:
Dec 27, 2017 at 10:29 AM Post #604 of 3,079
I have been trying my IT01 OOTB and the tuning is just what I wanted. Smoother than the KZ ZS5 (v2) with no loss of bass or soundstage. Seperation is definitely better as I can finally listen to Charles Mingus - Moanin' (very clutter prone track!).

Anyway, I was wondering if there were any MMCX cables that are worth a buy when I don't want to risk damaging the fancy one that came with the IT01?

I'm new to MMCX cables. Can repeated cable swapping risks causing damage to the slot?

Very happy customer!

edit: Oh and the sub bass!

Last edited:
Dec 27, 2017 at 10:45 AM Post #606 of 3,079
I have been trying my IT01 OOTB and the tuning is just what I wanted. Smoother than the KZ ZS5 (v2) with no loss of bass or soundstage. Seperation is definitely better as I can finally listen to Charles Mingus - Moanin' (very clutter prone track!).

Anyway, I was wondering if there were any MMCX cables that are worth a buy when I don't want to risk damaging the fancy one that came with the IT01?

I'm new to MMCX cables. Can repeated cable swapping risks causing damage to the slot?

Very happy customer!

Indeed, if your aim is to preserve the cable, you should just use it - the connectors are usually the most fragile part.

Really would like to know what the cable would cost if sold separately, I think many would spend even 50$ for it.

Last edited:
Dec 27, 2017 at 10:59 AM Post #607 of 3,079
Indeed, if your aim is to preserve the cable, you should just use it - the connectors are usually the most fragile part.

Really would like to know what the cable would cost if sold separately, I think many would spend even 50$ for it.
if only this cable was available in 2.5mm balanced... :ksc75smile:

Dec 27, 2017 at 10:59 AM Post #608 of 3,079

Very happy customer!

I found these at Amazon France. They look nice with decent looking materials. Click the photos for the links.

Dec 27, 2017 at 11:26 AM Post #609 of 3,079
Dec 27, 2017 at 11:35 AM Post #610 of 3,079
I own the pure copper one that is on the pics. It is a good solid cable. I use it on my BGVP DM5. It has much less copper cores than the stock IT01 cable but sounds good none the less. They aren't that expensive. They also come with a very cool bamboo box that you can throw your earphones or in my case tips in.
61sQbiZqgQL._SY355_.jpg

Last edited:
Dec 27, 2017 at 11:57 AM Post #611 of 3,079
I'm wondering how they compare to the Shozy Hibiki. Both are single 10mm dynamics, with nicer-than-what-you-usually-get-stock cables, with similar ergonomics. From what I've read I'm assuming the IT01 would win.

Dec 27, 2017 at 12:02 PM Post #612 of 3,079
I'm wondering how they compare to the Shozy Hibiki. Both are single 10mm dynamics, with nicer-than-what-you-usually-get-stock cables, with similar ergonomics. From what I've read I'm assuming the IT01 would win.

I remember coming across a youtube review saying it was more enjoyable than the FiiO F9s for the same reasons many appreciate the IT01. However, no detachable cable if I recall.

Dec 27, 2017 at 12:27 PM Post #613 of 3,079
I remember coming across a youtube review saying it was more enjoyable than the FiiO F9s for the same reasons many appreciate the IT01. However, no detachable cable if I recall.

That's the video - I think the Hibiki's housings are larger.

Dec 27, 2017 at 10:39 PM Post #615 of 3,079
Guys, what tips are you all using to get the good fit and sound?
I'm using spinfits which give great sound. Better for me than comply tips. But I need comply for isolation too.
Any suggestions for any other tips that can help me achieve good sound and isolation too?

Hello,
Which spinfits would fit? CP100? Have you tried their twinblades? I remember liking double and even triples ages ago...long lost!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back