iBasso IT01 a fun IEM. Single multilayered graphene driver. !! 99 USD !!
Dec 28, 2017 at 2:40 AM Post #616 of 3,079
What do you guys suggest for a balanced cable for the IT01? I have't used the balanced out of my 30r ever since I got it lol.

I have settled for this SPC balanced mmcx cable for the time being.,just sound a bit warmer when connected to it01 compared to the stock cable IMO. But for just $16 balanced cable, I think this is the most affordable in the market I have seen so far. Build is just fine and fit is tight.
mmcx balanced.jpg

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Hig...32839862233.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.iBsYs0

Last edited:
Dec 28, 2017 at 5:31 AM Post #617 of 3,079
IT01's stock cable is good What? Used it with my KC09, and was suprised with the pairing.

My initial impressions with the IT01
Source: Pioneer XDP-30R
Tips: Using the wide bore stock tips.

Bass: A sub-bass oriented IEM. Sub-bass extends well, mid bass is quite punchy and nimble, but not overpowering. There's a slight boominess, but I figured it will calm down after a few more hours of burn in. Great bass texture, and control for 100 USD imo.

Mids are sligtly recessed when compared to bass and the treble, and yet does not sound veiled, too far away, and it's not lacking detail. I would not call them thin nor thick. IT01 presents the mid-range with great weight and body.

Treble has good sparkle, air and extention. No complaints here. Not too smooth, or too bright.

Details, separation, imaging, and sound stage is... very good? I would not class its technical capabilities within 100 usd.

Overall, a good all rounder IEM for me. I still prefer my KC09 for certain genres, but the IT01 does not disappoint in whatever genre you throw it in.

After 100 hours, I hope the boominess is gone, and the mids will be slightly more forward to be even with the bass and treble. Let's see. Great so far!
How does this compare with the kc09?

Dec 28, 2017 at 5:36 AM Post #618 of 3,079
Spinfit work very well with these - which is somewhat surprising as I find them uncomfortable on many iems. Sólstafir sound so good!

Also experienced some driver flex, but that's obviously my fault :triportsad:.

Last edited:
Dec 28, 2017 at 11:08 AM Post #620 of 3,079
I have settled for this SPC balanced mmcx cable for the time being.,just sound a bit warmer when connected to it01 compared to the stock cable IMO. But for just $16 balanced cable, I think this is the most affordable in the market I have seen so far. Build is just fine and fit is tight.
Got the same cable from Penon Audio when it was on sale for $11 last month. I'm not a cable expert, but it seems pretty good to me as well.

38644910254_2c145c383c_o.jpg

Last edited:
Dec 28, 2017 at 12:05 PM Post #621 of 3,079
Got the same cable from Penon Audio when it was on sale for $11 last month. I'm not a cable expert, but it seems pretty good to me as well.

38644910254_2c145c383c_o.jpg

I'm taking back my first impression with the spc balanced cable from penon that they sounded warmer against the stock cable. I think I was just being carried away by how great the stock cable sounds..lol. It actually sounds better after several hours of pairing with the it01 using the balanced out of aune m1s DAP.

Dec 29, 2017 at 4:28 AM Post #624 of 3,079
I've been out of the game for some time, what's with the 2.5mm balanced output, what are the benefits?
Depends on the implementation of the balanced out. Generally, more power, better dynamics, cleaner SQ, wider stage, better details etc etc etc.

Here's a list of DAPs that I've tried that had a great balanced out.
WM1A/Z
X7ii
M1s
300r and DPX1
30r
AK70
SP1000
N5ii
And some more AK players

But IMO, x5iii, x3ii, and walnut F1 had bad implementation. No significant change aside from power.

Dec 29, 2017 at 5:29 AM Post #625 of 3,079
Depends on the implementation of the balanced out. Generally, more power, better dynamics, cleaner SQ, wider stage, better details etc etc etc.

Here's a list of DAPs that I've tried that had a great balanced out.
WM1A/Z
X7ii
M1s
300r and DPX1
30r
AK70
SP1000
N5ii
And some more AK players

But IMO, x5iii, x3ii, and walnut F1 had bad implementation. No significant change aside from power.

Thanks, I've started looking at DAPs, I don't really like the idea of carrying yet another potentially big gadget and was wondering if one of the better audio phones like the LG V20 or V30 would be able to double as DAP (without balanced).
My current travel setup is Galaxy S8 with USB Audio Player Pro set to bit perfect through a Fiio K1 dongle and the IT01. It drains phone's power like there's no tomorrow, I get about 9 hours of listening time on a full charge but sounds grandiose. I got the K1 for cheap, liked it cause it's very small, portable, wired since I don't trust wireless with audio and I can use it with my windows tablet too. Sounds much better than the stock S8 or Surface tablet, it's capable of 75mW output so don't think it lacks power to drive the IT01. I can get nowhere near full volume without risking ear injury and have good control, soundstage, instrument separation up to 60-70% volume which is obscenely loud for the clarity, loud enough to have an unadulterated audition on a construction site, surrounded by powertools, workers and bad language.

Dec 29, 2017 at 11:14 AM Post #626 of 3,079
Last edited:
iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com
Dec 29, 2017 at 4:28 PM Post #627 of 3,079
I'm considering purchasing these as a backup or at least for my office at work. Is anyone able to measure the size of the earphones or compare them to something such as the mee audio p1? In some pictures, the size of the earphones looks small and in some they look large. I have an empire ears earphone with that type of housing as it's a bit too big for my ears. Since the p1 are around 2 years old since it was introduced, the ibasso it01 should compare to the mee audio p1 or am I expecting too much? It's been a long time since I owned anything at this price range for anything other than the gym or for movies.

Dec 29, 2017 at 5:08 PM Post #629 of 3,079
Thanks for the quick response. Those measurements look to be around the same size as my empire ears spartan so I'll have to look for another option.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back