iBasso IT01 a fun IEM. Single multilayered graphene driver. !! 99 USD !!

First

Back
32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41
43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52
Next

Last
  1. hydroid
    I have settled for this SPC balanced mmcx cable for the time being.,just sound a bit warmer when connected to it01 compared to the stock cable IMO. But for just $16 balanced cable, I think this is the most affordable in the market I have seen so far. Build is just fine and fit is tight.
    mmcx balanced.jpg

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Hig...32839862233.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.iBsYs0

Last edited: Dec 28, 2017
    kukkurovaca and pr0b3r like this.
  2. AudiophileMiggy
    How does this compare with the kc09?

3. razorpakk
    Spinfit work very well with these - which is somewhat surprising as I find them uncomfortable on many iems. Sólstafir sound so good!

Also experienced some driver flex, but that's obviously my fault :triportsad:.

jaxz likes this.
  4. dontcallmejan
    The KC09 is more forward sounding. Mid bass is punchier, mids are more forward, thicker and more lush, highs are smoother yet do not lack details. Smaller stage vs the IT01 too due to the forward mids.

5. Pete7874
    Got the same cable from Penon Audio when it was on sale for $11 last month. I'm not a cable expert, but it seems pretty good to me as well.

[​IMG]

Dobrescu George and hydroid like this.
  6. hydroid
    I'm taking back my first impression with the spc balanced cable from penon that they sounded warmer against the stock cable. I think I was just being carried away by how great the stock cable sounds..lol. It actually sounds better after several hours of pairing with the it01 using the balanced out of aune m1s DAP.

7. dontcallmejan
    Just had the stock cable reterminated to 2.5mm via my recabler lol.

terry81, hydroid and scotvl like this.
  8. terry81
    I've been out of the game for some time, what's with the 2.5mm balanced output, what are the benefits?

9. dontcallmejan
    Depends on the implementation of the balanced out. Generally, more power, better dynamics, cleaner SQ, wider stage, better details etc etc etc.

Here's a list of DAPs that I've tried that had a great balanced out.
    WM1A/Z
    X7ii
    M1s
    300r and DPX1
    30r
    AK70
    SP1000
    N5ii
    And some more AK players

But IMO, x5iii, x3ii, and walnut F1 had bad implementation. No significant change aside from power.

10. terry81
    Thanks, I've started looking at DAPs, I don't really like the idea of carrying yet another potentially big gadget and was wondering if one of the better audio phones like the LG V20 or V30 would be able to double as DAP (without balanced).
    My current travel setup is Galaxy S8 with USB Audio Player Pro set to bit perfect through a Fiio K1 dongle and the IT01. It drains phone's power like there's no tomorrow, I get about 9 hours of listening time on a full charge but sounds grandiose. I got the K1 for cheap, liked it cause it's very small, portable, wired since I don't trust wireless with audio and I can use it with my windows tablet too. Sounds much better than the stock S8 or Surface tablet, it's capable of 75mW output so don't think it lacks power to drive the IT01. I can get nowhere near full volume without risking ear injury and have good control, soundstage, instrument separation up to 60-70% volume which is obscenely loud for the clarity, loud enough to have an unadulterated audition on a construction site, surrounded by powertools, workers and bad language.

11. Paul - iBasso
  12. rawrster
    I'm considering purchasing these as a backup or at least for my office at work. Is anyone able to measure the size of the earphones or compare them to something such as the mee audio p1? In some pictures, the size of the earphones looks small and in some they look large. I have an empire ears earphone with that type of housing as it's a bit too big for my ears. Since the p1 are around 2 years old since it was introduced, the ibasso it01 should compare to the mee audio p1 or am I expecting too much? It's been a long time since I owned anything at this price range for anything other than the gym or for movies.

13. Pete7874
    Does this help at all?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 29, 2017
    BetterLate, Ahmad313, Glasha and 2 others like this.
  14. rawrster
    Thanks for the quick response. Those measurements look to be around the same size as my empire ears spartan so I'll have to look for another option.

15. jaxz
First

Back
32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41
43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52
Next

Last