iBasso IT01 a fun IEM. Single multilayered graphene driver. !! 99 USD !!
Jan 1, 2018 at 3:51 PM Post #646 of 3,079
For those that this will be their new year, Enjoy and have an excellent 2018. Good fortune to all of you.

Thank you Paul, I wish you and the iBasso team all the best!

So guys is this really better than the classic ie80? Kind of missed the punchy bass of the ie80

I don't know about the IE80, had the IE8 and I like the IT01 a lot more. It's more lively, has deeper bass and more present treble. Sennheiser sound is laid back, relaxed by comparison.

Last edited:
Jan 1, 2018 at 4:38 PM Post #647 of 3,079
I've got about 100 hours or so and these have really come alive. There's still a little roughness but I interpret that as some extra warmth. I really like this signature. For the price, these are really a nice piece. Going to keep these in my regular rotation.
upload_2018-1-1_16-37-20.png

Jan 1, 2018 at 5:25 PM Post #648 of 3,079
With mine, I am finding that I get a good seal when sitting up, but when I lie down in bed, the seal is poor, resulting in poor bass. I will have to experiment with some of the other ear tips that came with them to see if it helps. I also ordered Comply SmartCores (AudioPro) to try.

Jan 1, 2018 at 6:47 PM Post #649 of 3,079
I've got about 100 hours or so and these have really come alive. There's still a little roughness but I interpret that as some extra warmth. I really like this signature. For the price, these are really a nice piece. Going to keep these in my regular rotation.
(I was hoping the "roughness" you speak of would have been gone after 100 hours in, I've got about 40 hours on mine and while the bass has tightened up the upper mids or lower treble seems to have a dirt or slight distortion to it that is keeping me from enjoying them like I thought I would. Oh well I'll keep burning them in and hope it cleans up.)

I don't know how to put a strike through this post but I'm about another 25 hours in and they are burning in nicely.
They are ridiculously detailed while still having visceral and articulate bass and have excellent instrument separation for their price or any price as far as I can tell. Buy them, burn them in and enjoy the Music.

Last edited:
Jan 1, 2018 at 7:05 PM Post #650 of 3,079
Before it was burned in I heard a grain in the midrange. I've heard this kind of grain before with some kinds of copper wire. However I listened to them yesterday with about 120 hours of burn in, and I didn't hear it at all. Also the highs have a come in with a nice sparkle. The overall tonality is now very seductive. I'll be listening to them again after a full 200 hours of burn in. But burn in really does improve them.

Seeing how much copper wire is in the cables, it makes sense that a good amount of burn in is needed to get the best out of them.

Jan 2, 2018 at 1:50 PM Post #653 of 3,079
my review of IT01

Main notice — it's pretty tip-dependent IEMs, via tips rolling I've managed to get few different representations, starting from bass-heavy and darken model to pretty balanced and even bright
So, IT01 is really fun, as mentioned in title

"Not sure why iBasso didn't include balanced cable".

Referring to the balanced cable: "of course there is no noticeable changes in sound".

That answers your question and sums up all the balanced cables debate :p

Jan 2, 2018 at 1:51 PM Post #654 of 3,079
The only issue with SPC cables is it will brighten the sound signature a bit, those Fiio cables should be fine. Idealy if you can find a balanced all copper cable the sound signature should stay similar to the IBasso stock cable. I am using an SPC balanced cable as well and it works great on the IT01

Jan 3, 2018 at 12:56 PM Post #656 of 3,079
We also have the CB12 and CB13 balanced cable.

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com
Jan 3, 2018 at 5:37 PM Post #657 of 3,079
"Not sure why iBasso didn't include balanced cable".

Referring to the balanced cable: "of course there is no noticeable changes in sound".

That answers your question and sums up all the balanced cables debate :p

No difference because of cable itself. But there are difference for some daps with 3.5 mm and 2.5 mm outputs
So, balanced cable does make sense overall

Jan 4, 2018 at 12:01 AM Post #660 of 3,079
Could someone please help this lost soul..I don't get it, Balanced cables? How is that different from what comes with the IEM shipped in the box? I get balanced with over the ear headphones with the different pin connectors and all but when I looked up Balanced cables for IEM it has the same 3.5mm jack...wha da heck? O.o

Users who are viewing this thread

Back