iBasso IT01 a fun IEM. Single multilayered graphene driver. !! 99 USD !!
Feb 8, 2018 at 2:02 PM Post #1,037 of 3,079
How do you compare the IT01 with the JVC FX850? I have the JVCs, but too much midbass for my taste (I performed your mod to tame it) and not much highs and detail.
IT01
+ more clarity, more details, sound closer to neutral side
FX850
+ deeper bass, very special sound on string instruments

These two are not easy to compare, but they can perfectly complete each other in your collection

Feb 8, 2018 at 2:16 PM Post #1,039 of 3,079
IT01
+ more clarity, more details, sound closer to neutral side
FX850
+ deeper bass, very special sound on string instruments

These two are not easy to compare, but they can perfectly complete each other in your collection

Thanks, I have also the JVC- FXT200SE modded without filters that are bright with open soundstage and good bass, but less lower mids, like the FiiO EX1 (DUNU Titan 1). I suppose that the IT01 are similar in sound signature to both IEMs. Isn't it?

Feb 9, 2018 at 10:03 AM Post #1,042 of 3,079
Just got these yesterday. I like the sound overall but a little too bassy for my particular taste. On recordings without enough bass it's perfect, but with bass heavy recordings it's just way too much and is distracting. The detail and soundstage is really impressive though. They honestly sound more like a high end full-size headphone.

Also I'm hearing the driver "crinkling" sound from both when I insert them too quickly. I have to put them in really slowly in order to not hear it. It's making me a bit paranoid since the driver material is so thin and fragile.

Feb 9, 2018 at 10:10 AM Post #1,044 of 3,079
Just got these yesterday. I like the sound overall but a little too bassy for my particular taste. On recordings without enough bass it's perfect, but with bass heavy recordings it's just way too much and is distracting. The detail and soundstage is really impressive though. They honestly sound more like a high end full-size headphone.

Also I'm hearing the driver "crinkling" sound from both when I insert them too quickly. I have to put them in really slowly in order to not hear it. It's making me a bit paranoid since the driver material is so thin and fragile.

If it´s true and you got them just yesterday, you don´t know the sound signature yet. Paul himself said they need at least 200hours burn in because of the ultra hard graphene driver and the copper cable, and that´s exactly what I´ve experienced. The bass reaches a very nice balance with analogue sounding mids and smooth, sparkly treble. It´s really a pleasure to listen with the it01, and I have only totl iems!

Feb 9, 2018 at 10:35 AM Post #1,045 of 3,079

Keep listening it all evens out eventually what you are hearing now is probably the mid bass blooming into the already recessed mids out of the box. I had a hard time enjoying them at first more because of the grainy treble and congestion when I turned them up and after I listened to them for an hour or two at work I would burn them in for about 8 hours a night at just below normal listening volume.
I started to really enjoy them and stopped unattended burn in around the 75 hour mark and they only get better after that. They become an addictive spacious dynamic thick highly detailed and musical listening experience that I can't put down, I hope you enjoy them as much as I do when the graphene finally limbers up and the thick OFC cable burns in.

Last edited:
Feb 9, 2018 at 2:49 PM Post #1,046 of 3,079

Try to do tip-rolling. IT01 is very tip dependent. Wide bore tips will make it sound less bassy and the narrow ones are making it sound bass heavy on some recordings.

Feb 9, 2018 at 2:54 PM Post #1,048 of 3,079
Try to do tip-rolling. IT01 is very tip dependent. Wide bore tips will make it sound less bassy and the narrow ones are making it sound bass heavy on some recordings.

Great advice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back