iBasso IT01 a fun IEM. Single multilayered graphene driver. !! 99 USD !!
Feb 10, 2018 at 6:40 AM Post #1,052 of 3,079
I just received the IT01. I know that they need at least 100 h more, but here are my initial impressions:
As compared to the Pioneer SE-CH9T: the IT01 have less midbass and a bit more sub-bass, faster bass response but less impact. Mids are significantly more forward, with much more detail in voices (esp. female voices). Highs are far more extended and detailed, this is the most remarkable difference until now. Soundstage seems wider probably due to the extended response in high frequencies.
-As compared to the JVC FX850, the IT01 are noticeably less bassier as expected, and sub-bass and mostly midbass hits harder in the JVC. Mids and voices are a bit more forward in the JVC and they feel more natural (IT01 more high-pitched). Highs are way better (extended and clear) in the IT01 as already commented. Until additional burn-in, I am very satisfied with the iBasso, and I do agree with previous comments. I still have to try additional tips. Thanks for helping me to decide

Last edited:
Feb 10, 2018 at 9:19 AM Post #1,053 of 3,079
I just received the IT01. I know that they need at least 100 h more, but here are my initial impressions:
As compared to the Pioneer SE-CH9T: the IT01 have less midbass and a bit more sub-bass, faster bass response but less impact. Mids are significantly more forward, with much more detail in voices (esp. female voices). Highs are far more extended and detailed, this is the most remarkable difference until now. Soundstage seems wider probably due to the extended response in high frequencies.
-As compared to the JVC FX850, the IT01 are noticeably less bassier as expected, and sub-bass and mostly midbass hits harder in the JVC. Mids and voices are a bit more forward in the JVC and they feel more natural (IT01 more high-pitched). Highs are way better (extended and clear) in the IT01 as already commented. Until additional burn-in, I am very satisfied with the iBasso, and I do agree with previous comments. I still have to try additional tips. Thanks for helping me to decide

Oh dude...you wait and see what these end up sounding like. It's going to be totally different that what you are hearing now. No joke. I gave mine 100hrs then used them...put them back into burn mode for ANOTHER 100hrs and now they are fantastic. I plan on doing the same thing to the IT04's when I get them...

Feb 10, 2018 at 9:24 AM Post #1,054 of 3,079
Oh dude...you wait and see what these end up sounding like. It's going to be totally different that what you are hearing now. No joke. I gave mine 100hrs then used them...put them back into burn mode for ANOTHER 100hrs and now they are fantastic. I plan on doing the same thing to the IT04's when I get them...
On that note and off topic, what news of the IT04?

Feb 10, 2018 at 9:26 AM Post #1,055 of 3,079
It's coming to the NYC CanJam...I'm working the iBasso both so I'll be showcasing them there along with some other goodies...

Feb 10, 2018 at 9:28 AM Post #1,056 of 3,079
It's coming to the NYC CanJam...I'm working the iBasso both so I'll be showcasing them there along with some other goodies...
Oh that is awesome news indeed!! looking forward to them.

Feb 10, 2018 at 10:38 AM Post #1,057 of 3,079
Try to do tip-rolling. IT01 is very tip dependent. Wide bore tips will make it sound less bassy and the narrow ones are making it sound bass heavy on some recordings.
This is the answer. I tried the smallest silicone tips that came with the UE TF10 and they work great. Nowhere near the amount of bass boost as the stock tips. That's just an early impression, but I'll keep listening.

Feb 11, 2018 at 5:09 AM Post #1,060 of 3,079
I kind of hope the IT04 has a similar frequency response, the IT01 set the bar for the amount of of High frequencies I want. They are so vivid and fun, yet somehow never fatiguing.

Still haven't heard - or heard of - anything around 100$ that could beat them.

Last edited:
Feb 11, 2018 at 7:15 AM Post #1,063 of 3,079
I kind of hope the IT04 has a similar frequency response, the IT01 set the bar for the amount of of High frequencies I want. They are so vivid and fun, yet somehow never fatiguing.

Still haven't heard - or heard of - anything around 100$ that could beat them.

I think the price of IT04 will be higher than the price of IT03. Am I right?

Feb 11, 2018 at 7:29 AM Post #1,064 of 3,079
Definitely.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back