iBasso IT01 a fun IEM. Single multilayered graphene driver. !! 99 USD !!
Feb 11, 2018 at 3:05 PM Post #1,066 of 3,079
At 500 hours it's really starting to reveal its true form :)
While I am not convinced burn in is a myth, and am very interested in the IT01, these ever increasing amounts of necessary burn in time are dampening my enthusiasm. I've heard IEM's changing in signature somewhat from a few hours of burn in, but 500 hours seems beyond credibility. Even IBasso only allows a 14 day return window when ordered from them. It's not even possible to play them for 500 hours in that time frame. I'd really like to see before and after measurements to support these claims. I've never heard an IEM, or headphone, or full size speaker costing thousands of dollars, that I didn't like initially turn into one that I liked after hundreds of hours of use.

Feb 11, 2018 at 4:32 PM Post #1,068 of 3,079
While I am not convinced burn in is a myth, and am very interested in the IT01, these ever increasing amounts of necessary burn in time are dampening my enthusiasm. I've heard IEM's changing in signature somewhat from a few hours of burn in, but 500 hours seems beyond credibility. Even IBasso only allows a 14 day return window when ordered from them. It's not even possible to play them for 500 hours in that time frame. I'd really like to see before and after measurements to support these claims. I've never heard an IEM, or headphone, or full size speaker costing thousands of dollars, that I didn't like initially turn into one that I liked after hundreds of hours of use.
I think he was being sarcastic. Then again we are on Headfi.

Feb 11, 2018 at 5:47 PM Post #1,070 of 3,079
I think we should make it an even 1000 hours. By the time you're done burning them in, you'll definitely be past the 30-day return window, so you'd better love them at that point. :)

This over the top burn in stuff is really not helpful to Ibasso, IMO. I realize your post was in jest, but to many people it can make it sound like IBasso is making it sound like insufficient burn in is the cause of any dissatisfaction with the It01, and that is just doing damage to the product image and I hate to see that. I'm basically ignoring all of it at this point and am likely to buy the the IT01, and listen and experience for myself. If I don't like it after a few days it will go back. I don't expect that to happen though.

Feb 11, 2018 at 6:12 PM Post #1,071 of 3,079
This over the top burn in stuff is really not helpful to Ibasso, IMO. I realize your post was in jest, but to many people it can make it sound like IBasso is making it sound like insufficient burn in is the cause of any dissatisfaction with the It01, and that is just doing damage to the product image and I hate to see that. I'm basically ignoring all of it at this point and am likely to buy the the IT01, and listen and experience for myself. If I don't like it after a few days it will go back. I don't expect that to happen though.

I hear you man. Listen, these IEM's kick ass. That's it. They're worth more than you'll pay for them, believe me on that. For the price they are fantastic little buggers. I'm not going to go into all the hoopla or BS about wave forms or burn in (although I believe in it...and unicorns...but that's another story...lol). They just are kick ass. Take it for what it's worth, you won't be disappointed at all.

Feb 11, 2018 at 7:31 PM Post #1,072 of 3,079
I am thinking of maybe buying a pair of these seen as they've been getting a lot of attention and rave reviews. I was wondering how they compared to something a little more pricier such as the SE425 or SE535 as I am interested in the Shure earphones.

Feb 11, 2018 at 7:39 PM Post #1,073 of 3,079
They sound dynamic clear spacious detailed and crisp out of the box but have to much mid bass recessed mids and grainy treble when turned up, more than worth the price of admission out of the box especially with the included thick pliable awesome cable. Between the 75-125 hour mark the bass tightens up mid bass settles down which seems to bring the mids up a bit in the mix but they still lag behind the bass and now smother treble. At this point they had me hooked to their spacious dynamic thick crisp and highly detailed sound. After 200 hours the sub bass and bass is tight dynamic fast and can have textures on some recordings.The mids seem to have evened out in the mix and come alive and can now sound sweet and lush on good recordings and the treble is smooth crisp and airy but never sibilant and all frequencies are highly detailed and can have delicate micro details revealed on good recorded tracks.

I know this sounds crazy for a $99.00 IEM because it is, Paul and his team at ibasso have given us a musical gift and a listening experience that sounds amazing and not just for an IEM. Like icefalkon said these IEM's kick ass, buy them you won't regret it.

Last edited:
Feb 11, 2018 at 8:24 PM Post #1,076 of 3,079
The hype is strong with this one. Lol.
Haven't read a single valid complaint in 72 pages. And I think it would be the same if it costed twice as much.

And I still smile when I remember I got it for 50£ :p

Last edited:
Feb 12, 2018 at 1:14 PM Post #1,079 of 3,079
I would like to give my props in here at the customer service of iBasso. I know it's widely mentioned on this site but no harm in reiterating their professionalism. I had problems with my IT01, and Paul has been brilliant at being responsive and sorting the issue out.

Yes, iBasso is love when it comes to helping people. IT-01 as well, I was just writing about them, the more I listen, the more charmed I am by how much fun iBasso packeged in a 100$ IEM.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back