iBasso IT01 a fun IEM. Single multilayered graphene driver. !! 99 USD !!
Feb 5, 2018 at 11:07 PM Post #1,021 of 3,079
I’m an aging Baby Boomer with far from golden ears, but WOW! I’m listening to the paid Spotify on my iPhone and through my Cayin N3. I left the N3 playing through the IT01s for about a week to burn them in, and the wide soundstage and sound of these is a delight

Yes I agree the spacious dynamic thick crisp sound with amazing detail and separation is quite addictive and delightful. Check out this Audiophile 101 playlist on Spotify there are 392 songs and its 4gb if you download it at extreme quality for offline listening, it's all genres and sounds pretty good on the IT01s from my note 4.

Last edited:
Feb 6, 2018 at 5:30 AM Post #1,023 of 3,079
Yes, I know. I have few of spacers I have made and I'm using them sometimes. Anyway with IT01 I found best synergy with Comply foams. Comfort and sound as well.

BTW I have now with IT01 cable from ALI and work and look very well. There is no noticeable sound differences between this one and original cabe.

I have to correct my previous statement. Yesterday I try to compare both, original and my ALI cable again and I found after more thorough testing, that original cable has more open sound with a bit wider and deeper stage. So it seems, that iBasso really create a perfect couple

Feb 6, 2018 at 1:07 PM Post #1,024 of 3,079
Yes I agree the spacious dynamic thick crisp sound with amazing detail and separation is quite addictive and delightful. Check out this Audiophile 101 playlist on Spotify there are 392 songs and its 4gb if you download it at extreme quality for offline listening, it's all genres and sounds pretty good on the IT01s from my note 4.

Thanks! I’m downloading it now

Feb 6, 2018 at 4:17 PM Post #1,027 of 3,079
Do you have to have Spotify Premium to be able to download it? I don't see a download option in the Free version.

I'm pretty sure you do but I think there is cheap trial period. I've only had it since Christmas when my sons gifted premium memberships to my wife and I when Spotify came out with the $15.00 a month family plan for up to 5 family members living in the same house. I used to tease them about paying $10.00 a month each just to listen to crappy streaming music but since having it I have come to appreciate having so much new music on tap on my phone and laptop and the quality is pretty good on the extreme setting. It's one of the reasons I'm looking for a new DAP since my FiiO x3ii can only play music from its micro SD plus I want to try balanced output on the IT01s.

Last edited:
Feb 7, 2018 at 1:47 PM Post #1,028 of 3,079
I own a Pioneer SE-CH9T but I am deciding about returning them for an iBasso IT01 after viewing this thread. Has anyone both IEMs to compare them? I like r&b, jazz and EDM music with sub-bass rumble and extended high frequencies using FLAC files in a FiiO X3II.
The Pioneer has good midbass and less sub-bass, but mids are laid back or perceived as distant (voices) and highs are not particularly extended (as compared to a FiiO EX1 or JVC FXT-200). Soundstage is not wide. Is the IT01 better?

Last edited:
Feb 7, 2018 at 3:16 PM Post #1,029 of 3,079
I own a Pioneer SE-CH9T but I am deciding about returning them for an iBasso IT01 after viewing this thread. Has anyone both IEMs to compare them? I like r&b, jazz and EDM music with sub-bass rumble and extended high frequencies using FLAC files in a FiiO X3II.
The Pioneer has good midbass and less sub-bass, but mids are laid back or perceived as distant (voices) and highs are not particularly extended (as compared to a FiiO EX1 or JVC FXT-200). Soundstage is not wide. Is the IT01 better?
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/iba...ne-driver-99-usd.865037/page-20#post-13900952

Also compared to FH1, F9, 1More, the IT01 wins hands down.

Feb 7, 2018 at 5:02 PM Post #1,031 of 3,079
Thanks for your replies, razorpakk and Pete7874, I have read your comments. It seems that the IT01 has better bass and highs and definition as compared to the CH9T. I will follow your advice and probably will return my Pioneer for an iBasso IT01. Thanks.

Feb 7, 2018 at 5:50 PM Post #1,033 of 3,079
Listening to my IT01 with my N5ii. Excellent synergy. Wish all earphone manufacterers actually put in great cables like Ibasso did for these earphones. Wouldn't that be something.

I would love for more companies to have cables that are as amazing as IT-1's cables are! X

Feb 8, 2018 at 1:12 PM Post #1,034 of 3,079
Similarly v-shaped and technically on par imo. That's why I returned the IT01, since I already have the Exclusive 5 (and re-tune DD IEMs to my liking anyway).

How do you compare the IT01 with the JVC FX850? I have the JVCs, but too much midbass for my taste (I performed your mod to tame it) and not much highs and detail.

Feb 8, 2018 at 1:18 PM Post #1,035 of 3,079
Subbass from the abyss! Nice!

I grabbed my CH9T from the drawer to check which has deeper subbass as you mentioned earlier that you still favor the CH9T in that department. I thought "no way" so I tried. So now, I'm not really surprised, my earlier thoughts are still the same. The IT01 still goes deeper and has more quantity than the CH9T. I think each one of them can please anyone according to their preferences when it comes to quantity as well as quality.

I have sold my CH9T after reading your comments and waiting for the IT01. Are the iBasso better with midbass and mids? I felt the CH9T had subdued voices and too much midbass.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back