iBasso DX90 Bug Thread - Post Any Firmware Bugs/Issues Here
Sep 15, 2016 at 2:01 PM Post #811 of 864
Occasionally it turns on immediately without pressing the power button when I put a charged battery in.

I just trued to press and hold the power button on my DX90. It turns on, and allows to operare using touch screen. It turns off after the timeout period from the settings, but then it does not turn on again, until I release the power button.

So, it may happen that the problem is not with the power button, but with the USB connector or the power controller. It may turn the device on by an event related to the power source. I saw a number of times when the device turned on by itself when I connected it to a charger. So I'd suggest to try to cleanup the USB port too, not only the power button. |I successfully used a CyberClean cleaning compound to clean up USB connectors on my player, phone, tablet. The Zip Bag is enough.

Sep 30, 2016 at 5:17 PM Post #812 of 864
Hi !

Just got one ... really happy with it BUT, got the "headphones out" problem with false contacts ... have to resolder it or change the pin ... my only problem is to open completly the DX90 and do it well, without scratching or breaking anything ... does anyone have a method to do it ( photos or videos ) ? ... thank you guys !

Oct 14, 2016 at 5:24 PM Post #813 of 864
Hello everyone.

So the short of it is that suddenly my DX90 is not recognizing the 128GB memory card.

I've operated this thing for along time with no issue. Prior to the card fail, there were some unfortunate disconnections while the device was connected to my computer via USB. The computer went to sleep because there wasn't enough battery power. It's the sort of thing that has happened before without incident, but now the card isn't recognized by the computer or the device.

I reformatted the device to factory settings with the card out, and put it back in, but the device isn't scanning it and the card is no longer being recognized by the computer.

What could have gone wrong? The card is a Sandisk ultra.

Is there anything I can do? I'm suddenly at sea over this.

Any help would be hugely appreciated. Is this thing broken? Device seems to operate normally otherwise, but I don't understand why it won't read the card. Was the card somehow irreparably damaged?

It occurs to me that a short while ago it was operating, after the disconnection, and I reconnected it and saw the card and was moving some music onto it. But the upload was veeeerrrry slow, so I stopped it and then ejected and reconnected. That's when the card was suddenly invisible to everything.

How can the card reader be fixed? Was the card wiped out? I don't know what to do.

Oct 15, 2016 at 2:24 AM Post #814 of 864
My suggestion is you contact SanDisk to handle under warranty - I did a while back when I was experiencing dropouts on my DX90 and they sent a replacement out very quickly.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,
Tim

Oct 16, 2016 at 7:39 PM Post #815 of 864
Paul,

I am hoping you monitor this thread and can relay some issues I ran into with 2.5.1 to the developers - nothing major but annoying enough that I went back to 2.4.0.

So here they are:
1) For some reason there are folders displayed out of alphabetical order when viewed by artist.  Tried to do a factory reset, rescans, reloaded 2.5.1 using the rkbatchtool, etc - nothing fixed the problem but when I went back to 2.4.0 the issue is not there.
2) This character is not displaying correctly - the Ö and ö (Unicode 214 and 246) which are in band names like Blue Oyster Cult and Motley Crue.  It appears as some jumbled up looking character - again fixed by going back to 2.4.0.  Now before changing back to 2.4.0 I did not take note of whether the Ü and ü (Unicode 220 and 252) display correctly in Motley Crue.  Fine in 2.4.0.
3) There are still issues where when returning to a previous menu does not remember the scroll location which is annoying when one has to scroll back down a long listing to get back where they were.  Certainly this can't be that tough to fix?

Do you think there is any chance these can be addressed in a firmware update?  I do realize that with new devices on the horizon that resources are likely dedicated to those areas.  However, my DX90 is my first choice for top notch listening even over my Cowon P1 which cost way more.

Thanks in advance for any help or feedback.

Cheers,
Tim

Oct 17, 2016 at 12:19 PM Post #816 of 864
  Paul,

I am hoping you monitor this thread and can relay some issues I ran into with 2.5.1 to the developers - nothing major but annoying enough that I went back to 2.4.0.

So here they are:
1) For some reason there are folders displayed out of alphabetical order when viewed by artist.  Tried to do a factory reset, rescans, reloaded 2.5.1 using the rkbatchtool, etc - nothing fixed the problem but when I went back to 2.4.0 the issue is not there.
2) This character is not displaying correctly - the Ö and ö (Unicode 214 and 246) which are in band names like Blue Oyster Cult and Motley Crue.  It appears as some jumbled up looking character - again fixed by going back to 2.4.0.  Now before changing back to 2.4.0 I did not take note of whether the Ü and ü (Unicode 220 and 252) display correctly in Motley Crue.  Fine in 2.4.0.
3) There are still issues where when returning to a previous menu does not remember the scroll location which is annoying when one has to scroll back down a long listing to get back where they were.  Certainly this can't be that tough to fix?

Do you think there is any chance these can be addressed in a firmware update?  I do realize that with new devices on the horizon that resources are likely dedicated to those areas.  However, my DX90 is my first choice for top notch listening even over my Cowon P1 which cost way more.

Thanks in advance for any help or feedback.

Cheers,
Tim

I am forwarding this to them right now. I have no date for a FW update at this time. Thank you for taking the time to write all this down.

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com
Nov 23, 2016 at 10:33 PM Post #817 of 864

I have passed this on to our software team. Thank you.

I'm on firmware version 2.5.1.  The popping sound issue is still there when using the DX90 as a Linux DAC.

Will this issue be fixed before x'mas 2016?  I've been waiting for a functional DAC from my DX90 since I purchased it back in 2014...but this is becoming a false marketing promise more than anything else.

Also, would iBasso considering releasing firmware source for legacy products...in particular, the DX90 if / when it is no longer supported, such that the community can take over the maintenance of the firmware?

Feb 7, 2017 at 1:32 AM Post #818 of 864
Hey guys sorry I'm new to this. Just got a dx90 from a friend of mine and I noticed that sometimes when I press a button on the screen (for example,if I select artist in the music menu), it would restart the system and bring me back to the main screen saying "ready".

That's my first problem. Another thing I noticed is that when I leave it alone, sometimes it would increase is volume by itself. It's not in my pocket, just laying on my bed and it would do it. It does have a Dignis case on it but when I press the volume up button,it still has enough resistance to make me think that the case itself isn't pushing on the button that much. So I'm left to assume that the volume increase was the player itself

Any help would be great :) thank you

Feb 7, 2017 at 6:50 AM Post #819 of 864
Hey guys sorry I'm new to this. Just got a dx90 from a friend of mine and I noticed that sometimes when I press a button on the screen (for example,if I select artist in the music menu), it would restart the system and bring me back to the main screen saying "ready".

That's my first problem. Another thing I noticed is that when I leave it alone, sometimes it would increase is volume by itself. It's not in my pocket, just laying on my bed and it would do it. It does have a Dignis case on it but when I press the volume up button,it still has enough resistance to make me think that the case itself isn't pushing on the button that much. So I'm left to assume that the volume increase was the player itself

Any help would be great :) thank you

Make sure your unit is running the latest firmware version (if not, update it) and complete a factory reset.

Feb 22, 2017 at 9:41 AM Post #821 of 864
The volume up button of my DX90 seems to be broken. I can only turn down the volume. Any idea what i can do (other than a factory reset) to raise the volume again? There's no hidden touch sceen volume control, isn't it?

May 12, 2017 at 4:45 AM Post #822 of 864
I get the scan sd card every time I turn it on. I also have some album art and quite a lot that don't. I didn't read all 43 pages to see if there is an answer to why these happen. I have formatted the card, done FW reload, etc etc.

Sorry to bring this up now but, anybody else also experiencing this?

Every single time I boot the DX90 with a micro SD card in the slot it prompts the "Scan SD card / Browse files" message. I tried formatting the card, a different card, changing from FW 2.5.1 to 2.4.0 and 2.3.0, hard reboot, letting it scan multiple times... Nothing worked.

The card I'm using is a SanDisk 128GB, which I've been using since purchase and has been working perfectly for 3 years until now...

EDIT:

I did format the SD card and the internal memory with SD-Formatter. Now the problem described above is gone but a new one has arisen:

When I connect the DX90 to the PC via the USB cable, only the external SD card is detected. Neither the internal "DX90" storage is recognized by the computer nor the "USB Connected" message appears on the screen of the iBasso. The battery icon appears as charging only. I guess I shouldn't have formatted the internal memory...

I tried a factory reset and a hard reboot with data wipe and none solved it...

EDIT 2:

I downloaded the Batch Tool and somehow, not sure how, used the Rockbox tool to reformat the internal memory. I could place the latest FW image and do the System Update from within the iBasso, followed by a factory reset. Now I think everything is fine.

Last edited:
May 14, 2017 at 11:21 AM Post #824 of 864
Just click "browse files" and go. Scan the new albums on the fly.

Yes, that would work if it's just once. My problem was that my player wanted to scan the SD card EVERY TIME I booted it, even after having previously scanned (and of course not changed anything in the card).

It's solved now. Solution is to format the SD card with SD-Formatter, which is a free download tool.

Ideally the device should be able to format SD cards itself.

May 14, 2017 at 12:08 PM Post #825 of 864
Another problem I'm having:

When I'm listening to the last song of a playlist, it cuts the song some seconds short of the actual track end, enough to make it noticeable because it skips the song's "outro" or fade-out.

Anybody knows what it could be and how to solve it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back