iBasso DX90 Bug Thread - Post Any Firmware Bugs/Issues Here
Dec 31, 2018 at 3:34 AM Post #841 of 864
Hello. My DX90 won't go past the start up screen. If I connect it to the computer, the "Chaging" green ball shows 3 times and then the screen is black. I usually charge my batteries separately though. The DX90 and the sd card don't show up inside the computer.
I have tried changing between different batteries. No difference.
I have also mailed iBasso but haven't gotten an answer yet.
Is my DX90 on it's last song?
Thanks.
Hello, did you try a factory reset ? Press and hold the power button for 7 seconds to reset the DX90. Or reinstall the firmware ?

Dec 31, 2018 at 5:25 AM Post #842 of 864
Thanks for the reply.
I tried the factory reset but it just starts and gets stuck on the start up screen again.
Since the computer doesn't recognize the player through USB (it finds two "removable disk's but can't access them), I guess I can't reinstall the firmware?

Last edited:
Dec 31, 2018 at 7:37 AM Post #843 of 864
Thanks for the reply.
I tried the factory reset but it just starts and gets stuck on the start up screen again.
Since the computer doesn't recognize the player through USB (it finds two "removable disk's but can't access them), I guess I can't reinstall the firmware?
You are right. I hope iBasso will answer you quickly.

Dec 31, 2018 at 12:47 PM Post #844 of 864
Thanks for the reply.
Couple of other ideas for you:
1) Have you tried to boot it up without any memory card installed? Maybe give that a try if you haven't already.
2) For reinstalling FW (any version) - suggest using the RKBatchTool as that is how I solved some of my problems with installing directly to the DX90.
3) There is a system recovery mode that should be reachable by holding down the Power and Volume Down together - give that a try as well if nothing else works.

Hope one of these helps - I also remember one other combination of buttons like Play/Volume Up/Power (not sure on this though and tried some searching to no avail) that has some special functions but not 100% on this one.

I still use my DX90 as my primary device and haven't seen anything to lure me away yet. Was eyeing the R6 Pro but it appears that single ended outputs only utilize one of the two DAC's and the recent info on pricing at $800 = not for me.

Happy New Years to all!!!

Cheers,
Tim

Last edited:
Dec 31, 2018 at 2:27 PM Post #845 of 864
Thanks for all the replies.
I tried starting without the SD card but there's no difference. If the computer doesn't recognize my DX90 I don't think I can use the RKBatchTool.
The system recovery mode using power+volume down gets the same result as holding the power button for seven seconds. I have to remove the battery for the player to stop showing the start up screen.
Have a Happy New Year!

Dec 31, 2018 at 2:38 PM Post #847 of 864
I suggest trying the RKBatchTool if you haven't - start up the application first then plug the cable into the DX90 from it being off. See if it shows up in the tool and allow you to load/reload the firmware.

I experienced some problems early on with failed FW updates, etc and it was suggested to use the tool and I have ever since.

Good Luck and if I think of anything else I will let you know. Maybe Lurker0 can provide some ideas as well - he is an established guru for sure!

Cheers,
Tim

Dec 31, 2018 at 5:55 PM Post #848 of 864
Thought of one other thing to check - just in case the batteries aren't making good contact and that is resulting in your DX90 not powering up - take a pencil eraser and rub the contact areas inside the DX90 to clean them and ensure a good contact. Could also wipe with a contact cleaning solution but don't use anything abrasive.

Let us know if you make any progress or have any luck getting it up and running again.

Cheers,
Tim

Jan 1, 2019 at 10:16 AM Post #849 of 864
Thanks again. I tried to connect with RKbatchtool. I followed the instructions at
https://androidmtk.com/use-rockchip-batch-tool
but it wouldn't work. Pressing the volume up button didn't make anything happen so I tried both power and volume up at the same time, and: Success!
The player showed up, I updated the firmware (2.5.1), and am now able to play my favourite music on the DX90 again.
Whew! That was a few hoops too many to jump through for me.
Thanks a lot!
Happy New Year!

Oct 2, 2019 at 12:47 AM Post #851 of 864
Sigh, I am getting the random drop-outs on my dx90. I generally have my player on random. Only a 64gb card in it, Samsung evo plus. On firmware 2.5.1
Anyone else experiencing these random dropouts still? Was it solved? I cannot find it in the thread. cheers

Oct 2, 2019 at 1:07 AM Post #852 of 864
Sigh, I am getting the random drop-outs on my dx90. I generally have my player on random. Only a 64gb card in it, Samsung evo plus. On firmware 2.5.1
Anyone else experiencing these random dropouts still? Was it solved? I cannot find it in the thread. cheers
I recall having dropout issues that turned out to be a bad Sandisk memory card. After it was replaced under warranty I never had the problem again. Prior to that I tried so many different things to try and resolve the problem...

Do you have another memory card you can try?

Cheers,
Tim

Oct 2, 2019 at 1:29 AM Post #853 of 864
Yes, I will give that a try. I may just have to reformat the card. cheers

Oct 2, 2019 at 1:47 AM Post #854 of 864
Yes, I will give that a try. I may just have to reformat the card. cheers
I can tell you that I tried reformatting multiple times, reloading various FW versions multiple times, factory resetting, combinations of these, etc - the fix was the memory card. You could try using the built-in memory to see how that goes - very limited space though - 8GB from what I remember.

Cheers,
Tim

Oct 2, 2019 at 2:32 AM Post #855 of 864
Excellent, thanks for that CobraMan.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back