iBasso DX90 Bug Thread - Post Any Firmware Bugs/Issues Here
May 15, 2017 at 6:30 PM Post #826 of 864
Hi !

Just got one ... really happy with it BUT, got the "headphones out" problem with false contacts ... have to resolder it or change the pin ... my only problem is to open completly the DX90 and do it well, without scratching or breaking anything ... does anyone have a method to do it ( photos or videos ) ? ... thank you guys !

I second this request. Also have a false contact on the phone out; the right channel goes silent at times...

May 22, 2017 at 4:08 PM Post #827 of 864
I tried using the device as DAC, failed miserably on windows 10, now windows 10 says "usb device not recognized", tried uninstalling drivers with not success, even tried in another computer, same jazz. Any ideas?

Jun 21, 2017 at 2:55 PM Post #828 of 864
If you accidentally formatted the internal storage of the DX90 on your PC (happened to me, too :wink: ), you need to reflash the device using the iBasso Batch Tool. Download and Instructions here: http://www.head-fi.org/t/697035/dx9...nst-lurker0-fw-mod-link-1st-page-new-fw-2-3-0

After you connect DX90 to pc while holding volume up button, if your prompted to find drivers, direct it to the RockUSB folder in the rkbatchtool file, if not prompted for drivers, You need to go into Device Manager on you PC, find the icon labeled with a question mark, open it up, go to Driver tab, hit update driver, direct to the folder labeled RockUSB from the rkbatchtool file you got and press update. Then you can open the rkbatchtool app, click the bottom left button and select the second option to change language to english, input the directory for the firmware you want to load at the top, then click upgrade at the bottom to start the flash.
Can't even use the batch tool if I get USB device not recognized :/ This in rockbox and mango

and if I try volume up + inserting cable, the player just goes in a black screen nothing shows up in device manager. I have to remove battery to get it to boot up.

Could be perhaps by usb port has gone faulty? anyone know of how I could test to see if that is the actual issue? THe dx90 charges when hooked up to pc.

Last edited:
Jun 26, 2017 at 11:18 AM Post #829 of 864
I second this request. Also have a false contact on the phone out; the right channel goes silent at times...
I don't know if it's what you mean, I was searching to open it and find it on the DX50 mod thread, very easy and no risky, I open it cause my gain switch was making strange static noise and behavior, inside was a little dusty and now i've been able to blow more accurately and gain switch is back to normal hourray!

I copy-paste the very simple tutorial here:

Take out battery.
Unscrew 7 screws that are highlighted:

Next, slide those parts marked with red and blue in opposite directions:

Now You should get plastic frame that holds battery, out of the rest DX50 body and should have easy access to jack solder pins.

Last edited:
Jul 13, 2017 at 12:04 AM Post #830 of 864
I'm suddenly having a problem with my DX90. I was playing mono hi-res recordings and listening using the headphone jack when I noticed that the imaging was skewed to the left. The right channel is softer, for some reason. When I plugged my headphones into the line out, the imbalance doesn't occur (though the sound obviously doesn't suit the headphones the way that the headphone jack does). A factory reset on the device did not rectify the balance problem.

I then jiggled it somewhat and the sound reoriented correctly, which was both a relief and dismaying. The plug seems well built and I don't treat it roughly at all, so I didn't see this coming. I'd very much like to have this fixed. How shall I proceed? Would the above diagram apply to this issue? I could potentially have a repairman gain access inside and re-solder the jack pins, or whatever needs doing.

Thanks for whatever guidance you can offer!

UPDATE: This got settled up a while back but I thought I'd revise the entry here in case it's of use to others. It wasn't a hardware issue with the DX90's jack after all. A repair man suggested that my headphone's jack needed some cleaning, so I gave it a good rub with a pen eraser and I haven't experienced any issues since. Just FYI.

Last edited:
Jul 24, 2017 at 5:49 PM Post #831 of 864
Hi All
This question might've been asked before (?) - I let the dx90 run out while listening to music, using FW 2.3 ... after charging it just shows 'Ready" on the display but is not going to the last song ... as well does not accept music from the sd card (it DOES show all the songs though, just not loading them). From internal memory it eventually plays (after trying a few times...), but reverts back to 'Ready" once restarted....
Easy fix or do I need to reformat and reload all music? Thx for your help :)

Jul 25, 2017 at 4:55 AM Post #832 of 864
Well - impatience got the better of me - removed sd card, did a factory reset, delete all data .... turns out the internal memory stays intact.... reboot, v 2.3 , all back to full functionality . Re-scanned sd card.. all's well :)
Does anyone have a suggestion what spare quality battery to get? (Australia or ebay)

Nov 18, 2017 at 8:48 AM Post #833 of 864
I'm on firmware version 2.5.1. The popping sound issue is still there when using the DX90 as a Linux DAC.

Will this issue be fixed before x'mas 2016? I've been waiting for a functional DAC from my DX90 since I purchased it back in 2014...but this is becoming a false marketing promise more than anything else.

Also, would iBasso considering releasing firmware source for legacy products...in particular, the DX90 if / when it is no longer supported, such that the community can take over the maintenance of the firmware?

It's 2017, realised that with mac/linux dac there is a popping sound + sound doesn't sync with video. Shame, it's a great device overall.

May 31, 2018 at 8:53 AM Post #834 of 864
[solved] Hello, I have a message "locked" showing on the screen. And I don’t know where it’s coming from.

Sorry, I never switched the second button :flushed:

Last edited:
Jul 25, 2018 at 12:35 AM Post #835 of 864
Has anyone seen this problem (THIS IS THE FIRST PROBLEM I HAVE HAD):

I have a 24bit 192khz grateful dead album that will not play. It either has the song come up and stalls at 0 seconds, or automatically reboots.

Jul 25, 2018 at 4:20 AM Post #836 of 864
I have a 24bit 192khz grateful dead album that will not play
The big chance that it was encoded with non-standard flac encoder. At least it was a known problem for DX80 with tracks purchased from HDTracks. You can try to re-encode these tracks, e.g. using foobar2000.

Aug 9, 2018 at 5:28 AM Post #837 of 864
I want to ask if anyone found any solution about the crazy ffw button at dx90.
I have the same problem about 1 and a half year now. I have send it to Ibasso in China they said they fix it but the problem remains. Then I contact with them and said that was test it and not was doing it.

Sep 11, 2018 at 12:36 AM Post #838 of 864
What firmware version are you using? The latest one released? If so - try going back to the prior FW to see if there is any difference.

Speaking of FW...

Paul - I know this is probably extreme wishful thinking on my part but any chance the bugs I identified back on page 55 in post 815 will ever be fixed and released in a FW update? I realize the DX90 has been out of production for a while and the resources are dedicated to the DX120, DX150, and developing other new products but I am sure there are many DX90's still being used out there. Still my favorite device (until I buy something more current like the DX150, R6 Pro, or M5s...) and spent some great quality time listening today - man what a device...

Cheers,
Tim

Last edited:
Dec 30, 2018 at 6:06 PM Post #840 of 864
Hello. My DX90 won't go past the start up screen. If I connect it to the computer, the "Chaging" green ball shows 3 times and then the screen is black. I usually charge my batteries separately though. The DX90 and the sd card don't show up inside the computer.
I have tried changing between different batteries. No difference.
I have also mailed iBasso but haven't gotten an answer yet.
Is my DX90 on it's last song?
Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back