iBasso DX90 Bug Thread - Post Any Firmware Bugs/Issues Here
Jun 20, 2016 at 12:50 PM Post #797 of 864
  Hi all,

greetings i'm newcomer here, pls help my DX90, last night it went blank/dark when i turn it on, i tried to turn it off then turn it on again still the same blank/dark screen,

when i tried to push play button, the songs start, but i cannot see the screen because its still dark/blank. pls i need help from you guys. is it hardware problem (in this case lcd problem) or software? :frowning2:

Happened to me, for some reason it happens when:

Player goes off and charging

Pluged in and player off
After installing rockbox

The only way I found to fix it, is removing the battery or   disconnecting-connecting from charge and pressing power on.  

Batch tool on windows 10 doesn't work for me, but for the lack of replies and help request, i've since given up :/ 

@th3nanox

As H20Fidelity said.

If that does not work, you might try re-flashing the firmware using the iBasso Batch Tool (http://www.ibasso.com/uploadfiles/20151210/201512100333294318.rar).

Jun 20, 2016 at 1:56 PM Post #799 of 864
  Happened to me, for some reason it happens when:

Player goes off and charging

Pluged in and player off
After installing rockbox

The only way I found to fix it, is removing the battery or   disconnecting-connecting from charge and pressing power on.  

Batch tool on windows 10 doesn't work for me, but for the lack of replies and help request, i've since given up :/ 

The DX does not work correctly before or after installing RockBox?

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com
Jun 28, 2016 at 3:11 PM Post #800 of 864
Today I formated my iBasso dx90 and after that my PC stopped to recognize it (no problem with microsd though). The player works properly if turned on, but nothing helped my PC recognize it. What should I do? Factory reset, plug-in plug-out didn't help. Thanks

Jun 28, 2016 at 4:06 PM Post #801 of 864
  Today I formated my iBasso dx90 and after that my PC stopped to recognize it (no problem with microsd though). The player works properly if turned on, but nothing helped my PC recognize it. What should I do? Factory reset, plug-in plug-out didn't help. Thanks

If you accidentally formatted the internal storage of the DX90 on your PC (happened to me, too :wink: ), you need to reflash the device using the iBasso Batch Tool. Download and Instructions here: http://www.head-fi.org/t/697035/dx90-2x-sabre-1st-page-downloads-info-inst-lurker0-fw-mod-link-1st-page-new-fw-2-3-0

Sep 13, 2016 at 10:06 AM Post #803 of 864
Here's one I can't find in the thread. My dx90 has been working faithfully for over a year. Bought it used. Very much into the sound and simple function.

Now it is turning on every time I turn it off after a few seconds. It started happening recently. I would put a freshly charged battery in and stuff it in my bag only to have a brick a few hours later. I have it set to turn off after 5 minutes of inactivity, so it just turns on and off over and over again until the battery dies. So I have to take the battery out in order to put it in my bag and have a working player for the ride home. Any ideas? Firmware 2.2.0, which I like and don't need to change.

Sep 13, 2016 at 10:23 AM Post #804 of 864
Any ideas?

Power button, or USB connector, or power controller itself became defective? The firmware can't turn the device on when it is turned off, so it just can't be a software bug.

Sep 13, 2016 at 1:51 PM Post #805 of 864
Let's hope it's just dust. Did my best to clean it with an audio technica stylus brush. I read somewhere it may have to do with the formatting of the microsd card or the way tags are connected to the files.

Sep 13, 2016 at 2:22 PM Post #806 of 864
I read somewhere it may have to do with the formatting of the microsd card or the way tags are connected to the files.
If I misunderstood you, and the device does not turn off at all, just the player's software reboots, you may try factory reset and see if it helps. Also, you may remove the battery, then put it back and check if it remains being turned off, or turns on by itself. Such ways you may tell hardware from software problems.

Sep 14, 2016 at 8:42 AM Post #807 of 864
Hello,

Anyone having issues with v2.5.1 L2?

For some reason at any randon time when playing some songs the player stops playing for a second and then continues to play music.
When this happens I usually restart it and then it doesnt happen again for a while.

Sep 14, 2016 at 8:55 AM Post #808 of 864
For some reason at any randon time when playing some songs the player stops playing for a second and then continues to play music.

Isn't it the well-known "fade-in/fade-out" problem discussed many times since the very first firmware?

If it is, it is not a firmware issue.

Sep 14, 2016 at 3:36 PM Post #809 of 864
If I misunderstood you, and the device does not turn off at all, just the player's software reboots, you may try factory reset and see if it helps. Also, you may remove the battery, then put it back and check if it remains being turned off, or turns on by itself. Such ways you may tell hardware from software problems.

Occasionally it turns on immediately without pressing the power button when I put a charged battery in. Anyone have any recommendations about how to open it? Just to clean out any dust that may be inside. I have a feeling the dignis case has been putting pressure on the power button and/or there is a little dust inside impeding it's full movement. Either way, I would like to open it and carefully clean it. I took out the screws but I still could not open it.

Sep 15, 2016 at 4:05 AM Post #810 of 864
Hello,
today, a strange problem occurs using DX90 as DAC. It did not work as yesterday and looking at sound mixer, I see that default is not iBasso but external High Def device (I have speakers on this external device). I had no problem before: when DX90 was connected, it was overriding. But now, I have to pull off the jack of the speakers on external device to make iBasso work correctly as DAC. Priority has changed.
Between yesterday and today, the only difference is an update from Windows 10. Does someone meet the same problem ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back