iBasso DX90 Bug Thread - Post Any Firmware Bugs/Issues Here
Mar 1, 2016 at 4:42 AM Post #766 of 864
Mar 1, 2016 at 5:09 AM Post #767 of 864
all are flac albums

If you revert back to 2.3.0, does the problem disappear? In more common words, do you experience the problem only on 2.4.0?

Mar 1, 2016 at 5:19 AM Post #768 of 864
If you revert back to 2.3.0, does the problem disappear? In more common words, do you experience the problem only on 2.4.0?

only at 2.4.0, not in previous versions

Mar 1, 2016 at 7:40 AM Post #769 of 864

only at 2.4.0, not in previous versions

OK, but did you try to flash 2.3.0 back and check if the problem disappeared? You see, there is a chance that the problem is caused not by the firmware, it just happened that it appeared the first time after the firmware update...

Also, if nobody else experience it, it must be something special with your device or your use...

Mar 1, 2016 at 11:11 AM Post #770 of 864
songs ending 4 seconds ahead of what it should be, tried on a whole lot of songs and they appear so, used the batch tool and same results still

Does this happen with all songs or random?

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com
Mar 1, 2016 at 6:34 PM Post #771 of 864
Mar 2, 2016 at 3:39 AM Post #772 of 864
no such problems in 2.3 firmware

Mar 4, 2016 at 1:33 PM Post #774 of 864
  is there anyway to run the batch tool in windows 10 64 bit?

We just tried it on our Windows 10 and it doesn't work. We had reports it worked fine from users so we will look into this for a remedy.

Mar 4, 2016 at 11:51 PM Post #775 of 864

We just tried it on our Windows 10 and it doesn't work. We had reports it worked fine from users so we will look into this for a remedy.

I found some google pages where some "experts" modified the .inf from the windows 8 driver and got it to work using unsigned drivers, I tried disabling unsigned and got "windows disabled this drive because of known issues".   If its any good to you  I tried both windows 10 pro 64 bit and home 64bit, got same result.  Corrupt hash   and after enabled unisigned drivers "blocked by windows". In any case, thanks for the quick response and hope you find a workaround!

Mar 5, 2016 at 12:00 AM Post #776 of 864
I had no issues with Windows 10. Disable user account control. Boot with disabled driver signature. Install the driver and when you receive the prompts click install any way or what ever the option is called you have to click install anyway I think 2 or 3 times. Then when driver is done installing you should be able to boot normally without driver sign enforcement disabled. The fiio drivers work same way under Windows 10.

Mar 5, 2016 at 12:03 AM Post #777 of 864
I had no issues with Windows 10. Disable user account control. Boot with disabled driver signature. Install the driver and when you receive the prompts click install any way or what ever the option is called you have to click install anyway I think 2 or 3 times. Then when driver is done installing you should be able to boot normally without driver sign enforcement disabled. The fiio drivers work same way under Windows 10.

tried this and got:

The software for this device has been blocked from starting because it is known to have problems with Windows. Contact the hardware vendor for a new driver. (Code 48)

Mar 8, 2016 at 9:00 AM Post #778 of 864
I'm also experiencing the strange popping and clicking using USB/DAC on Mac (Macbook Pro 15" Mid-2014); there's no popping when no music is playing, and strangely, the popping isn't always bilateral - that is, the placement is different between pops. I've managed to get about 15 seconds or thereabout after a restart until the popping starts up again, but once the unit has been on for longer than that, the popping begins. I've tried MP3 and FLAC files, to the same result, but even when the unit is warm I can get through those first 15 seconds without any issue... so, I would assume its happening at the CPU. Reverting back to 2.3.0 FW resolves the popping issue, but I much prefer the sound signature of the 2.4.0 firmware - it is by far my favorite release. Pretty bummed about having to choose between the sound sig or the ability to use as a DAC... 

TL/DR; random experimental observations
- Rebooting gives about 15-20seconds of clear playback immediately upon reboot.
- Popping out the SD card clears the popping noise for >15 seconds, but less than 30 seconds.
- Popping the SD card back in does nothing.
- Scanning the SD card during playback clears the popping during scanning.
- Pops are consistent in timing frequency, but inconsistent in L/R placement.
- Happens to FLAC, MP3, AIFF, + Spotify.
- No issue with 2.3.0 firmware.
- Have done factory reset.
- Have used batch tool.
- Changing USB cable/port etc has no effect.

Mar 8, 2016 at 12:44 PM Post #779 of 864
  I'm also experiencing the strange popping and clicking using USB/DAC on Mac (Macbook Pro 15" Mid-2014); there's no popping when no music is playing, and strangely, the popping isn't always bilateral - that is, the placement is different between pops. I've managed to get about 15 seconds or thereabout after a restart until the popping starts up again, but once the unit has been on for longer than that, the popping begins. I've tried MP3 and FLAC files, to the same result, but even when the unit is warm I can get through those first 15 seconds without any issue... so, I would assume its happening at the CPU. Reverting back to 2.3.0 FW resolves the popping issue, but I much prefer the sound signature of the 2.4.0 firmware - it is by far my favorite release. Pretty bummed about having to choose between the sound sig or the ability to use as a DAC... 

TL/DR; random experimental observations
- Rebooting gives about 15-20seconds of clear playback immediately upon reboot.
- Popping out the SD card clears the popping noise for >15 seconds, but less than 30 seconds.
- Popping the SD card back in does nothing.
- Scanning the SD card during playback clears the popping during scanning.
- Pops are consistent in timing frequency, but inconsistent in L/R placement.
- Happens to FLAC, MP3, AIFF, + Spotify.
- No issue with 2.3.0 firmware.
- Have done factory reset.
- Have used batch tool.
- Changing USB cable/port etc has no effect.

I have passed this on to our software team. Thank you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back